Cormanus_imp said:
Looks like a great time in lovely weather, Daniel.
The weather has been great. A bit hot in the afternoon, which has taught me a few lessons. One being drink more water than you think you need to. I thought I was drinking enough on day one but turned out I wasn’t and ended up with a splitting headache. Day two I improved on that. Also been soaking my neck gaiter and head in cold water, works marvelously. Also thank god for mesh jackets!!
Django_imp said:
Looks very inspiring. I did a note to myself about the Gravity BrewWorks and the Low Gap Cafe.
Did you camp near the Gravity BrewWorks? (Would make sense to me.)
Hi Django, are you so excited? Your trip is getting close! You’re going to have an amazing time.
Low Gap is great, as is Blue Mountain Cafe in Jasper. If you go a bit further south on your ride, closer to the TAT, Catalpa Cafe is a must. Do you plan on riding through Arkansas?
I did camp near Gravity, about 20 minutes away at Gunner Pool Rec Area. It is a beautiful, isolated, quite spot in the middle of National Forest next to Sylamore Creek. The above pictures of the tent, bluff, rock dam, and creek are all taken from the campsite. Highly recommend. 3 mile gravel road in, but it was a piece of cake in 1st and 2nd gear. The gravel was very smooth and well groomed. Only downside was the drinking water had a boil order on it, so I just filled my bottles up at Gravity. Their water is excellent there obviously!!
Blockhead_imp said:
Very nice dbarkdoll! Your bike looks handsome, all loaded up and eager to go exploring. :biker:
It’s been very eager! Ive been so proud of it on this trip. This really is an amazingly capable “naked sport tourer”. I’ve been railing corners all weekend as if it were completely unloaded.