2023 Rider Resolutions - Motorcyling Goals, Plans, Aspirations

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
It’s the time of year when we traditionally reflect on the previous twelve months and look ahead to the next twelve. This thread is more about the look ahead to 2023, but any reflections on your 2022 riding year are also welcome.

Here's what I wrote in the first of these threads some 6 years ago. The question (underlined) is the same now as it was then....

"(12-31-2016 08:08 AM)
As I write this, it is 2017 already for some of our members and it will soon be thus for all of us. It is tradition to make resolutions, vows, plans, and set goals for the upcoming year, so what are your "resolutions' in regards to motorcycling? Resolving to get more training? Vowing to take that big trip? Planning to buy another motorcycle? Setting a goal to ride a certain number of miles? Whatever they are, consider sharing them in this thread to reinforce them to yourself and to, perhaps, inspire others.'

A very happy, healthy, and safe holiday and 2023 to you all :)
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
In 2023 I hope to meet more international Forum members in person.

I feel lucky I got to meet Nachodaddy in 2022.
OK, let's go biking in Europe
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
In 2023 I hope to meet more international Forum members in person.

I feel lucky I got to meet Nachodaddy in 2022.
OK, let's go biking in Europe
... I'll need to retire first.
... I'll need to retire first.
The Ferret, Nacho, Alain Lee, Rocky, Houtman and myself +++ will explain you how :D
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
In 2023 I hope to meet more international Forum members in person.

I feel lucky I got to meet Nachodaddy in 2022.
OK, let's go biking in Europe
... I'll need to retire first.
... I'll need to retire first.
The Ferret, Nacho, Alain Lee, Rocky, Houtman and myself +++ will explain you how :D
The Ferret, Nacho, Alain Lee, Rocky, Houtman and myself +++ will explain you how :D
I don't believe that will help.
 
You have to either get rich or old. I seemed to have chosen the latter
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
In 2023 I hope to meet more international Forum members in person.

I feel lucky I got to meet Nachodaddy in 2022.
So...the door IS open? Mine is!
 
pdedse_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
In 2023 I hope to meet more international Forum members in person.

I feel lucky I got to meet Nachodaddy in 2022.
So...the door IS open? Mine is!
So...the door IS open? Mine is!
I will ride west pdedse, but I need to retire to make that work.

" ... The west is the best.
Get here and we'll do the rest ..."
 
Hmm... looking back at my 2022 rider resolutions, I think I hit most of them. Off the top of my head, they were most likely:
- Get to work and home again safely each day - just jinxed myself, but no unpleasant incidents to report
- Take a long ride up the coast - went to Oregon in August
- Get Mrs. Gone into a basic rider course so that she can start to enjoy "her" bike, which I have been riding - that didn't happen, but she keeps talking about wanting to.

Based on that, for 2023, let's go with something very similar:
- Get to work and back safely each day
- Take a long trip, either up the coast again, or to another multi-day destination
- Try to get in more leisure riding in general
- If I can swing more leisure riding, work on learning some serious video editing skills, and maybe add another camera
- Monitor the market - assuming Mrs. Gone's bike is now simply my bike, keep an eye out for something that it might be traded for that would be better suited to long-
distance touring.
 
Pdedse is on the far side… if he came to the Maritimes, I would ride there to meet him
:biker:+:biker:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Pdedse is on the far side… if he came to the Maritimes, I would ride there to meet him
:biker:+:biker:
lol - how would that work?

You'd ride from the dolly to the sidewalk to meet pdedse as he passes through town enroute to the Maritimes?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Pdedse is on the far side… if he came to the Maritimes, I would ride there to meet him
:biker:+:biker:
lol - how would that work?

You'd ride from the dolly to the sidewalk to meet pdedse as he passes through town enroute to the Maritimes?
lol - how would that work?

You'd ride from the dolly to the sidewalk to meet pdedse as he passes through town enroute to the Maritimes?
Yeah, no I'll push my CB on the yellow dolly right to the Maritimes :rofl:
How many kms did you clock this year on your shaky2 Afrikaner ?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone: pdedse is waiting for you. :D
We'll have to hook that up! I did enjoy the Oregon Coast very much, and want to make the trip again!
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone: pdedse is waiting for you. :D
We'll have to hook that up! I did enjoy the Oregon Coast very much, and want to make the trip again!
We'll have to hook that up! I did enjoy the Oregon Coast very much, and want to make the trip again!
Please do...I AM waiting. Place to stay, still a bit of room in the garage for the bike, likely Costa Rican food on the table... mi casa es...still not paid for but the sentiment is there.
peterbaron_imp said:
Pdedse is on the far side… if he came to the Maritimes, I would ride there to meet him
:biker:+:biker:
Don't you still have the white cb1100? Seeing that would be worth the visit, right there.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone: pdedse is waiting for you. :D
We'll have to hook that up! I did enjoy the Oregon Coast very much, and want to make the trip again!
We'll have to hook that up! I did enjoy the Oregon Coast very much, and want to make the trip again!
Please do...I AM waiting. Place to stay, still a bit of room in the garage for the bike, likely Costa Rican food on the table... mi casa es...still not paid for but the sentiment is there.
peterbaron_imp said:
Pdedse is on the far side… if he came to the Maritimes, I would ride there to meet him
:biker:+:biker:
Don't you still have the white cb1100? Seeing that would be worth the visit, right there.
Don't you still have the white cb1100? Seeing that would be worth the visit, right there.
Yes, I do, and waiting for a new set of tires, Angel GT.
 
pdedse_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Gone: pdedse is waiting for you. :D
We'll have to hook that up! I did enjoy the Oregon Coast very much, and want to make the trip again!
We'll have to hook that up! I did enjoy the Oregon Coast very much, and want to make the trip again!
Please do...I AM waiting. Place to stay, still a bit of room in the garage for the bike, likely Costa Rican food on the table... mi casa es...still not paid for but the sentiment is there.
peterbaron_imp said:
Pdedse is on the far side… if he came to the Maritimes, I would ride there to meet him
:biker:+:biker:
Don't you still have the white cb1100? Seeing that would be worth the visit, right there.
Very kind of you, sir! On the last trip, I was on the clock with a rented bike, and squeezing the trip in between work commitments. Next time, I hope I can make the trip on MY time!

It would most likely be Greek food if you ever came down South...
 
Thread starter
Here's MC's list of MC goals or resolutions for 2023:

1. Continue my streak of riding at least once every month (started in March, 2014)
2. Participate in the 2023 CB1100 Eastern US Rally.
3. Ride 183 days (an average of every other day).
4. Ride at least 15,000 miles. This is harder since we now trailer the bikes to the further-afield destinations. I hope to make up the difference by commuting via motorcycle more often.
5. Oh...so, Commuting via motorcycle more often.
6. Visit at least 20 Tour of Honor sites. Tour of Honor has been a great season-long event for me. The "hunt" takes me and my motorcycle to places I have never been before while supporting our service men and women and their families. For 2023, I was able to change my Flag# to 2145 in honor of my uncle who was killed in Germany on 2/1/1945. Learn more about participating in this great event at Tour of Honor
7. Complete my second SS 1000 (or other Iron Butt Association ride). Thinking of riding down and back to Tennessee to meet Memphis Mike for BBQ; That's about 1,000 miles round trip.
8. Ride on the coldest rideable day of 2023 in Chicagoland.
9. Organize a "Guys Only" weekend ride with a few of my buddies that, like me, do a lot of riding with our spouses. Perhaps a "Fly fish in the morning/Ride in the afternoon/Drink in the evening" long weekend in southwest Wisconsin. This has been on my list for a few years, I think, and it never seems to get done. It's still a goal, though, so it stays.
10. Buy new plug-in heated gear including gloves, jacket, and insoles to extend the number of rideable days here.
11. Ride with Cheryl to a "white tablecloth" type of restaurant in Chicago or the suburbs; just to be different. - You know; park the bikes in front. nice jeans, nice jacket, clean boots, pretty partner dressed similarly -- like in the commercials.
 
Back
Top