2023 Official CB1100 Forum Calendar

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
Welp, here we are folks. I finally got some time to start compiling submissions, building a new calendar, and designing a new cover. For the uninitiated, the CB1100 Calendar is a small tradition that's now in its second year, giving users and their bikes a real life hard copy of their fellowship--sharing our bikes, our adventures, and the unique personalities behind them. The purpose is to make something for us, by us, and celebrate the group's dedication to air cooled hondas in a way that a simple forum post just doesn't accomplish.

First half of the first draft!


Click on the link above to view, I'll work on posting it as an image soon. What you see there is a rough draft, keep in mind the images included are **not*** at full resolution. The print copy will be high-res and **Crisp** just like last year. This does also not represent the final position of any of the selected images, as I have yet to ask any of the submitting users which month they would like to occupy. Nevertheless, if you see your image here, I've already decided to include it, so congratulations!!

Next on the agenda: MORE SUBMISSIONS. Guys, it's time to hop on your bike, ride to exotic locations, bring your very best most high resolution camera and start taking some unique pictures! Some guidelines: focus on the bike. Including the rider is OK, in fact it's encouraged, but solo glamour shots of the bike are also awesome. As it stands now i've still got at least 6 months that i'm not sure yet what I want to use, so keep the submissions coming double time!! If you'd like your bike to be featured in this year's CB1100 Calendar, I need to get all submissions in and processed by mid October, so there's approximately 1 month left.

Finally: GAUGING INTEREST. of course I want to get an idea of just how many people are going to want a copy this year so that I can let the print shop know how many copies they're going to print. Last year we distributed more than 50 calendars, which was way more than I ever expected! I'm aiming to do a better job with distribution and timing this year too (and you're getting punch holes!).

Just like last year, I want to be clear in letting everybody know that these calendars are not going to fund anything. They are not being sold to make a profit, and they are not going to cost any more than they absolutely have to to pay for the printing and the mail. On that note, i'm confident that I can distribute these calendars for a bare $15.00 each, including shipping. Also, Just like last year, I am not discrimnating against international customers! Your shipping will cost a little more but it will all balance out. There will be no extra charge. Don't worry about it. Last year we had folks from the UK, Ireland, Germany and Australia all receiving copies!

So, If you love photography, you love your CB1100, and you want to commemorate another year in the saddle, Let me know! If you want to show off your CB1100 to people all around the world and have a month all to yourself, start submitting pictures!

Thanks for your time everybody. :thanks:
 
I’m in!! I want one!
 
I'm in!
Don't have anything better than an iPhone 7 to take pics with, so not likely good enough for a calendar submission, however.
 
Me too, Ireland. Thanks for all the work on this. :beerchug:

Watch out, you have May down as 2022!
 
I’ll take two. One for home and one for work.
 
One for me, please.
 
Thread starter
Thanks so much for responding guys! Youve all been recorded on the top secret spreadsheet.

Noroomtomove is already on the list for a free one

Alprider, please do! Some exclusive alprider shots belong in the book every year! Do you want to order a calendar for yourself this year?
 
Thread starter
Yes nemo! Please do. I will have to look pretty hard otherwise.

Scratch that, I found them!

tommymck_imp said:
2 for me (1 for home and one for the office). Also let me know if there is room left for more pics
I actually have a pic of yours i already wanted to use (i just need ypu to send me the full rez version) that is unless youve got a better one youd like to use? Take a look at the low rez preview i linked in the post above and youll see the one i mean. It was the night shot you took in the parking lot at the rally.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Yes nemo! Please do. I will have to look pretty hard otherwise.

Scratch that, I found them!

tommymck_imp said:
2 for me (1 for home and one for the office). Also let me know if there is room left for more pics
I actually have a pic of yours i already wanted to use (i just need ypu to send me the full rez version) that is unless youve got a better one youd like to use? Take a look at the low rez preview i linked in the post above and youll see the one i mean. It was the night shot you took in the parking lot at the rally.
I actually have a pic of yours i already wanted to use (i just need ypu to send me the full rez version) that is unless youve got a better one youd like to use? Take a look at the low rez preview i linked in the post above and youll see the one i mean. It was the night shot you took in the parking lot at the rally.
Gotcha! That was taken with my cell...I'll definitely be able to get you a high res version, but may have a little more noise on it than I'd like.
 
Back
Top