treedoc_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Just placed a deposit on one of these beauties, it will arrive in NZ in August (hopefully).
190kg, 119hp, Ohlins, quickshifter, should be fun!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Cormanus, I will 'probably' say farewell to my beloved CB if the new bike is everything its cracked up to be.Cormanus_imp said:Does that mean, “Bye-bye, CB1100,” treedoc?
Still not as pretty as my Z900RS! PS...My hp is close to that now so is my dry weight.treedoc_imp said:![]()
Just placed a deposit on one of these beauties, it will arrive in NZ in August (hopefully).
190kg, 119hp, Ohlins, quickshifter, should be fun!
Still not as pretty as my Z900RS! PS...michael1954_imp said:Still not as pretty as my Z900RS! PS...My hp is close to that now so is my dry weight.treedoc_imp said:![]()
Just placed a deposit on one of these beauties, it will arrive in NZ in August (hopefully).
190kg, 119hp, Ohlins, quickshifter, should be fun!
Also my seat you can actually ride 300/400 miles at a seating and still walk. I doubt the comfort factor of any seat that thin!

You're such a laugh riot, GO !GoldOxide_imp said:Still a Tic-Tac compared to the CB1100, but I reckon that is not the point in the eyes of the beholder.
Not sure that you're right, I've been riding a CB500 Four for almost 25 years, ONE CAN ride one good bike for A LONG TIME, no ?treedoc_imp said:"Beauty is beholden to the age of the eye" as they say
I would never claim its a pretty bike, but I really like the way it looks... a big improvement over the old one.
Nothing will compare to the look of my CB though, every time I get off it I look back at it, IMO its the best looking bike around.
But its time for a change, cant ride the same bike forever... I've had singles, twins and a four but never owned a triple.
The MT09SP is reasonable value here in NZ, $17300. Only $1200 more than the base model, and you get good suspension, cruise control and some cosmetic bling.
The Z900RS SE is $6K more.. Duke 890R is $4K more, Monster is $3k more..
I considered the KTM but was iffy about reliability. Haven't ridden one but they are supposed to be a blast.
The Kawi has no quickshifter, less power, 25kg heavier, and I wanted a change from 4cyl, I have ridden the non-rs Z900 and it was a good bike.
I have ridden a couple of Ducatis and they weren't my cup of tea, just wanted to be rung out all the time! Lumpy in low revs.
The Street Triple RS is $21,500, I haven't ridden one but I sat on one at the dealer and it felt small for me, from the reviews I had sort of already picked the Yamaha over it so I didn't test ride it.
I have ridden the old MT09 and the engine was awesome, the new model is supposed to be a big improvement so I'm taking a punt without a test ride, I couldn't get one anywhere.
August seems so far away right now ha ha.
You're such a laugh riot, GO !The Gecko_imp said:You're such a laugh riot, GO !GoldOxide_imp said:Still a Tic-Tac compared to the CB1100, but I reckon that is not the point in the eyes of the beholder.
Not sure that you're right, I've been riding a CB500 Four for almost 25 years, ONE CAN ride one good bike for A LONG TIME, no ?treedoc_imp said:"Beauty is beholden to the age of the eye" as they say
I would never claim its a pretty bike, but I really like the way it looks... a big improvement over the old one.
Nothing will compare to the look of my CB though, every time I get off it I look back at it, IMO its the best looking bike around.
But its time for a change, cant ride the same bike forever... I've had singles, twins and a four but never owned a triple.
The MT09SP is reasonable value here in NZ, $17300. Only $1200 more than the base model, and you get good suspension, cruise control and some cosmetic bling.
The Z900RS SE is $6K more.. Duke 890R is $4K more, Monster is $3k more..
I considered the KTM but was iffy about reliability. Haven't ridden one but they are supposed to be a blast.
The Kawi has no quickshifter, less power, 25kg heavier, and I wanted a change from 4cyl, I have ridden the non-rs Z900 and it was a good bike.
I have ridden a couple of Ducatis and they weren't my cup of tea, just wanted to be rung out all the time! Lumpy in low revs.
The Street Triple RS is $21,500, I haven't ridden one but I sat on one at the dealer and it felt small for me, from the reviews I had sort of already picked the Yamaha over it so I didn't test ride it.
I have ridden the old MT09 and the engine was awesome, the new model is supposed to be a big improvement so I'm taking a punt without a test ride, I couldn't get one anywhere.
August seems so far away right now ha ha.
