2021 Guzzi V7 Special

I'd like to test ride a V85TT and a Mandello 100 but I seriously doubt either one would suit me. I've ridden a few Guzzi's and I'm just not into riding them. Love looking at them though.
 
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Congrats Ollie! I've been thinking of one of those myself. Is it the Clown Bike model?
No just the red one. I got it home this evening but haven't even ridden it.

 
Very, very nice. If only Guzzi had a reliable dealership in my time zone. This would be the ADV I’ve been searching for and contemplating purchasing for a number of years now. A protracted sigh followed the previous comment after I finished writing it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice bike...nice trailer too!
Thanks guys!

Ferret I just bought this trailer a couple days ago, it's a 2013. After years of loading and unloading bikes up into a pickup I decided to treat myself. There have been too many times where I've had a motorcycle almost fall over on me when walking them a wet ramp and I'm not getting any younger. It's SO much easier and safer using a little trailer. I have a larger box trailer but this little one only weighs 400# and is easier to load and pull, in fact I could hardly tell it was back there and the truck delivered 19.8 mpg pulling it at 70-75 mph.


Quote:Very, very nice. If only Guzzi had a reliable dealership in my time zone. This would be the ADV I’ve been searching for and contemplating purchasing for a number of years now. A protracted sigh followed the previous comment after I finished writing it.
I'm fortunate to have Xtreme Powersports 30 minutes away and Kissell BMW/Guzzi 120 miles NE in Tyrone PA where I bought this one. One good thing about Kissel is they are not afraid to trade, I actually traded in a very nice 2020 Africa Twin on this. Xtreme is more of a volume seller that doesn't seem interested in trading but they are handy for parts.
 
Ollie_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Nice bike...nice trailer too!
Thanks guys!

Ferret I just bought this trailer a couple days ago, it's a 2013. After years of loading and unloading bikes up into a pickup I decided to treat myself. There have been too many times where I've had a motorcycle almost fall over on me when walking them a wet ramp and I'm not getting any younger. It's SO much easier and safer using a little trailer. I have a larger box trailer but this little one only weighs 400# and is easier to load and pull, in fact I could hardly tell it was back there and the truck delivered 19.8 mpg pulling it at 70-75 mph.


Quote:Very, very nice. If only Guzzi had a reliable dealership in my time zone. This would be the ADV I’ve been searching for and contemplating purchasing for a number of years now. A protracted sigh followed the previous comment after I finished writing it.
I'm fortunate to have Xtreme Powersports 30 minutes away and Kissell BMW/Guzzi 120 miles NE in Tyrone PA where I bought this one. One good thing about Kissel is they are not afraid to trade, I actually traded in a very nice 2020 Africa Twin on this. Xtreme is more of a volume seller that doesn't seem interested in trading but they are handy for parts.
Thanks guys!

Ferret I just bought this trailer a couple days ago, it's a 2013. After years of loading and unloading bikes up into a pickup I decided to treat myself. There have been too many times where I've had a motorcycle almost fall over on me when walking them a wet ramp and I'm not getting any younger. It's SO much easier and safer using a little trailer. I have a larger box trailer but this little one only weighs 400# and is easier to load and pull, in fact I could hardly tell it was back there and the truck delivered 19.8 mpg pulling it at 70-75 mph.


Quote:Very, very nice. If only Guzzi had a reliable dealership in my time zone. This would be the ADV I’ve been searching for and contemplating purchasing for a number of years now. A protracted sigh followed the previous comment after I finished writing it.
I'm fortunate to have Xtreme Powersports 30 minutes away and Kissell BMW/Guzzi 120 miles NE in Tyrone PA where I bought this one. One good thing about Kissel is they are not afraid to trade, I actually traded in a very nice 2020 Africa Twin on this. Xtreme is more of a volume seller that doesn't seem interested in trading but they are handy for parts.
Can't wait to hear you rev that baby up.
 
Dry and fairly warm the last two days so I've had it out about 140 miles. The only negative I find is the touring shield produces a fair amount of wind noise but not a problem with ear plugs, and it's not buffeting. And it gives good wind protection. I'll probably switch to the smaller stock shield for Summer. Otherwise I love this bike, the suspension is compliant on poor roads, throttling is spot on, with plenty of power even taking it easy braking it in. Ergonomics for me at 5'-11" and 32" inseam are about perfect. They offer comfort seats both lower and taller than the stock but I think the stock is going to be ok.



[url=https://postimg.cc/q6cr2nqS]

The great news is Saturday is supposed to be 60 degrees and no rain....... the bad news is I have agreed to take my friend in my truck to eastern MD to pick up a dresser, I sure hope she appreciates it! :)
 
Thread starter
Ollie nice Guzzi :thumbsup:
...and you have to update your signature, 'cos your TT is missing from your stable
 
"The only negative I find is the touring shield produces a fair amount of wind noise but not a problem with ear plugs, and it's not buffeting"

You might try one of the slide on windscreen deflectors. I picked one up for $18 on Ali Express for my Tiger and it transformed the wind pattern around my head, the difference was significant.

Type B - Small would do the trick. If it doesn't work no damage to your original screen and no great loss at that price. This link seems to of run out of the clear ones but it is just an example.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...=-1;9.9;-1;-1@salePrice;EUR;search-mainSearch
 
Love to try one of those .... just because
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Love to try one of those .... just because
(+1) Moto Guzzi, for the special owner. :D
(+1) Moto Guzzi, for the special owner. :D
+1, agreed...he has plenty of storage room to keep one extra bike like MG!
 
Back
Top