2021 Guzzi V7 Special

The ‘08 through I believe ‘11 V7’s had roto-molded (nylon) fuel tanks which swelled and warped with E5 or E10. Avoid them. The newer models have steel tanks but their fuel filters are known to swell and fail with E5 or E10.
 
That white on is very attractive. It would be better without the brown stripe on the tank IMHO.
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
lol - looks like Two Wheel Motorsport still don't fully light up the upper showroom floor. Used bikes get less respect. :(

I am unsure if I like the late model tank gas cap on the V7. I thought the older models of early 2010's were pretty cool. I wonder if something was wrong with them?

PB - did you sit on and run the older model? If so, how did it feel idling? Revving?

Anyhow... testing not available until mid April, so I asked about sitting on it while idling, and this can be arrange with an older, 750cc model
Lord Popgun_imp said:
:idea:...not so sure if these are free to take home. I will ask next time

:idea:...not so sure if these are free to take home. I will ask next time
Actually I meant buy one. Looks like a nice book.
 
Thread starter
Your thinking is very logic.
I sent 3 emails, including 2 dealers and Piago head office and only one dealer responded :-/
All 2022 V7 S sold out reminds me situation with '13 CB when I was looking for one.
Patience is very often rewarding.
 
If there are no disabling issues with the new Mandello, I think MG will be able to hang on for a few more years. Nice bike, lots of features, lots of electronic tech (which unfortunately the Italians are not always the best at). It will be one of a very few sport tourers left with shaft drive.
 
Here’s a used ‘21 blue for sale in the US at a reasonable price:

Facebook

"Going to sell my 21 V7 Special 850. I’m in North Alabama. It’s an absolute beauty and in perfect condition. I just ride my Speed twin way more. Bike has 900 miles (will go up). First service done at Sloans in Murfreesboro TN. Title in hand $7800."

6c25acab3aef099394abe73d4fbd1d9f.jpg


Can you bring this bike into Canada?
 
Gorgeous LR.

If the V7 was a bit larger (and a bit larger than the beloved CB1100), then I think I would have (and still have) the V7.

The 2014 Griso came so very close though (from the old Two Wheel Motorsport showroom location).
 
Thread starter
Heh, heh, more emails sent...
Found two blue ones, '21 & '22, not in Ontario and awaiting reply.
Soon will have to hit the road to see them ;)
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Heh, heh, more emails sent...
Found two blue ones, '21 & '22, not in Ontario and awaiting reply.
Soon will have to hit the road to see them ;)
Where are they? Michigan? Quebec?

Yeah, sounds like fun.

Do it.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
Heh, heh, more emails sent...
Found two blue ones, '21 & '22, not in Ontario and awaiting reply.
Soon will have to hit the road to see them ;)
Where are they? Michigan? Quebec?

Yeah, sounds like fun.

Do it.
Where are they? Michigan? Quebec?
....
In Montreal.

After several contacts made, visiting three MG stores, and two emails sent to other stores, only one MG store informed me that a blue V7 S could be ordered.
Two dealers told me that they were either sold out or out of stock in blue.
MG Canada has never responded after approximately 11 days.

Awaiting response from interested MG dealer ....
 
What a wonderful 20 minutes of propoganda.
 
It is a very well-made and beautiful video indeed.

Now all they need is an other promotion video for prospective Piaggio dealers...
 
Last Saturday I and a bud took a tootle over to Orange Co. Cycle to check out the Guzzi and see if I wanted to become a Guzzista. I rode the blue and white V7, with the chrome pipes. The bike is absolutely gorgeous, with a great dash, beautiful chrome work, and rich paint. However, I was not impressed with it. It was kind of slow and clunky, with a difficult-to-shift tranny, but that might just need the shifter adjusted, but as I was riding it in an industrial park on a weekend, it kept bouncing off the rev limiter and then it started missing and stalling. I had to restart it several times so I started heading back to the dealer and then it stalled and failed to start, so I just coasted it into their parking lot. I have to say I like my CB a lot better. My bud has a Stelvio 1200 that he loves, but I have not ridden it.
 
Back
Top