2021 Guzzi V7 Special

peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Come spring I'd be surprised if they don't have a test ride event at a dealer near you. I went to one in my area last season at Blackman's in Emaus, PA and rode the V7. I absolutely loved it. The guy leading the ride wasn't poking around either, we were booking on some nice country roads and that bike was a joy to ride.
Heh, heh...it has never happened in my moto life to test ride a motorcycle before buying*...I just have an internal feeling/intuitions and sniffed out that it will be a good lump for me, and I have never been disappointed....identical story with both CBs*

* '13 CB was bought in January when -20*C/-4*F and snowing, '14 one was tested but it was just formality as I already had my '13...and with the red DLX, I was in such a hurry that I never check anything, including documents, VIN...etc, just relaying on forum member/Alain Lee opinion and talking/texting to the previous DLX owner.

I already know and accepted that V7 is a totally different animal then CB.
:biker:+:biker:

Spring, please come sooner this year :cool:
You'll definitely want to test ride a V7 before putting down the stash.

Booking opportunities should be good right now. Roads are dry and nobody is riding with -30C windchill PB. You should have the V7 for one to two hours all to yourself.

This is good thinking GO...Wednesday will be around 0*C

Tomorrow, I may go to a different dealer, as I want to check out tubeless spoked wheels and different color forks...if these fit V7 Special from a different Guzzi model????... and how much :@

That would be a very cool excursion.

Ensure to check back in with the CB1100 Forum with a full report on what's happening with the 2022 Moto Guzzi V7*. Itchin' folks may wish to know.


Warning: Don't look at other Guzzis while there.

That would be a very cool excursion.

Ensure to check back in with the CB1100 Forum with a full report on what's happening with the 2022 Moto Guzzi V7*. Itchin' folks may wish to know.


Warning: Don't look at other Guzzis while there.
Yesterday, I sent a request to Guzzi Canada about the blue, 2022 V7 Special arrival...no words yet..

That sounds like a Mothership Piaggio customer service problem.

Hmm, same as back 12 years ago?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Come spring I'd be surprised if they don't have a test ride event at a dealer near you. I went to one in my area last season at Blackman's in Emaus, PA and rode the V7. I absolutely loved it. The guy leading the ride wasn't poking around either, we were booking on some nice country roads and that bike was a joy to ride.
(+1) Totally agree.

In Vaughan, ON go to Corsa Mec and be really friendly to them.
Just for your information (in case you were not aware): Corsa Meccanica is no longer an official Piaggio dealer.

Having said that; they have always been extremely helpful to me whenever I needed them for parts.
LongRanger_imp said:
I’m surprised Piaggio NA didn’t import blue ones to Canada. We have ‘em down here
The blue ones are in Canada as well. At least in Vancouver: link.
 
Thread starter
bioman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Come spring I'd be surprised if they don't have a test ride event at a dealer near you. I went to one in my area last season at Blackman's in Emaus, PA and rode the V7. I absolutely loved it. The guy leading the ride wasn't poking around either, we were booking on some nice country roads and that bike was a joy to ride.
(+1) Totally agree.

In Vaughan, ON go to Corsa Mec and be really friendly to them.
Just for your information (in case you were not aware): Corsa Meccanica is no longer an official Piaggio dealer.

Having said that; they have always been extremely helpful to me whenever I needed them for parts.
LongRanger_imp said:
I’m surprised Piaggio NA didn’t import blue ones to Canada. We have ‘em down here
The blue ones are in Canada as well. At least in Vancouver: link.

Just for your information (in case you were not aware): Corsa Meccanica is no longer an official Piaggio dealer.

Having said that; they have always been extremely helpful to me whenever I needed them for parts.
LongRanger_imp said:
The blue ones are in Canada as well. At least in Vancouver: [url=https://www.internationalmotorsports.com/inventory/2021-moto-guzzi-v7-special-850-vancouver-bc-v5y-1c8-11024309i]link.
Thanks for that info, I was told that the blue one has not arrived yet, as this is '22 model...hmm :s
Going to Corsa Meccanica tomorrow!...but I already check their stock and only the 2020 models ...and haven't replied to my email since Saturday...
 
Somebody's got the hots for a new MG
 
bioman_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
KiowaEagle_imp said:
Come spring I'd be surprised if they don't have a test ride event at a dealer near you. I went to one in my area last season at Blackman's in Emaus, PA and rode the V7. I absolutely loved it. The guy leading the ride wasn't poking around either, we were booking on some nice country roads and that bike was a joy to ride.
(+1) Totally agree.

In Vaughan, ON go to Corsa Mec and be really friendly to them.
Just for your information (in case you were not aware): Corsa Meccanica is no longer an official Piaggio dealer.

Having said that; they have always been extremely helpful to me whenever I needed them for parts.
LongRanger_imp said:
I’m surprised Piaggio NA didn’t import blue ones to Canada. We have ‘em down here
The blue ones are in Canada as well. At least in Vancouver: link.

Just for your information (in case you were not aware): Corsa Meccanica is no longer an official Piaggio dealer.

Having said that; they have always been extremely helpful to me whenever I needed them for parts.

...
Ah, good to know - and very smart of them. In that case, a true Moto Guzzi dealer.

Thanks bioman.
 
Thread starter
Just came back from Corsa Mecc....as Bioman said, they dropped dealership a year ago, so 2020 is the newest they have.
Very sad look inside, showroom has dim lights despite nice bikes sitting inside...no traffic at all. A beautiful white California, with lots of chrome..but not what I want.
A guy inside was nice, so I just wandered around for 5 min a left.......do Guelph.
More to come :thumbsup:
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Just came back from Corsa Mecc....as Bioman said, they dropped dealership a year ago, so 2020 is the newest they have.
Very sad look inside, showroom has dim lights despite nice bikes sitting inside...no traffic at all. A beautiful white California, with lots of chrome..but not what I want.
A guy inside was nice, so I just wandered around for 5 min a left.......do Guelph.
More to come :thumbsup:
So sad. :(

So by dropping Piaggio they dropped the entire portfolio? (Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Vespa, etc.)

Yeah, that leaves Two Wheel Motosport. That gives them a commanding position for these bike for the region.

(dang)
 
Thread starter
Today, I visited Two Wheels Motorsport in Guelph, ON.

Gorgeous and spacy showroom - brand new store - very bright inside with lots of lights.

The 2021 MG V7 Special presents itself much better in this showroom than in a different store.
When I asked a salesperson about a '22 blue one, he told me that all are sold out, then he said that 2022 models might not be in blue???...confused...
Anyhow... testing not available until mid April, so I asked about sitting on it while idling, and this can be arrange with an older, 750cc model. Fine, better something than nothing, and at least I can move forward, lots of time and meantime, I have two CBs to ride.
Also, in the event of trading in my white STD, I was offer more for it than by a different dealer. Nothing concrete, just talking for now.



4358d1089968a53803dde60336f55c2d.jpg


c36e7494016ca6ef150cbd98c5864fcb.jpg


9fa7c74ff596ebc6ef40f5802f20c24a.jpg


8e25a4f3266d00b8ff3c78c98a4f0cc9.jpg


76fd32bcc8498faa3c72ab6a7d987e6f.jpg

Love this white tank and its gas cap = :idea:

bc8c6bb0df4f71d2f5f58ffe6fcfbdea.jpg


a26f822488af5888bb73cd2d45a02544.jpg


673b3df447b9382fd5137a0af3996d18.jpg
 
I hope you at least picked up one of those Moto Guzzi books.
 
One notable feature of the past 10 years of V7 is the tank is solid. If you tap it, it almost feels like is it full of cement or Jello or sumthin'.
 
Thread starter
GoldOxide_imp said:
lol - looks like Two Wheel Motorsport still don't fully light up the upper showroom floor. Used bikes get less respect. :(

I am unsure if I like the late model tank gas cap on the V7. I thought the older models of early 2010's were pretty cool. I wonder if something was wrong with them?

PB - did you sit on and run the older model? If so, how did it feel idling? Revving?

Anyhow... testing not available until mid April, so I asked about sitting on it while idling, and this can be arrange with an older, 750cc model
Lord Popgun_imp said:
:idea:...not so sure if these are free to take home. I will ask next time
 
peterbaron_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
lol - looks like Two Wheel Motorsport still don't fully light up the upper showroom floor. Used bikes get less respect. :(

I am unsure if I like the late model tank gas cap on the V7. I thought the older models of early 2010's were pretty cool. I wonder if something was wrong with them?

PB - did you sit on and run the older model? If so, how did it feel idling? Revving?

Anyhow... testing not available until mid April, so I asked about sitting on it while idling, and this can be arrange with an older, 750cc model
Lord Popgun_imp said:
:idea:...not so sure if these are free to take home. I will ask next time

Anyhow... testing not available until mid April, so I asked about sitting on it while idling, and this can be arrange with an older, 750cc model
So you didn't?
 
Thread starter
Back
Top