2020 Rocket 3 R And GT First Ride ...

Tons of torque makes for a nice ride.
I like it. Nice test video.
But 14 bikes since '01 makes the Niken my new last bike. :huh:



ACK
 
I'm a Triumph fan, but this type of machine has no appeal for me at all. Too big and ponderous for my style of sport riding.
The same goes for the many other similar machines on the market.
But for those who like them, enjoy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
I'm a Triumph fan, but this type of machine has no appeal for me at all. Too big and ponderous for my style of sport riding.
The same goes for the many other similar machines on the market.
But for those who like them, enjoy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
2.5L of rolling thunder not agile enough? :D



(forget cc's, just go right to litres)
 
Thread starter
After looking at this model, it is hard to see that significant weight was actually saved.

If you squint hard enough (don't burst an eyeball), in some respects it begins to look like a Griso.
 
Cant say I'd like to own it, can say I'd like to test ride it

Almost did when it first came out. I was on the Triumph forum in 2003 when a guy in Northern Kentucky got the first one in the area. Rode down on my Bonnie to a Frishes in N Ky and met him and a few other Triumph riders for lunch and to look at the bike. He had a couple hundred miles on it amd offered me a ride, which I turned down. Did sit on it though, the thing was huge, particularly the tank. He was doing big smoky burnouts on it out on the road, and when he came back in I asked him if his dealer had any replacement rear tires for it. He looked like a deer in the headlights lol. He hadn' t thought about that lol.

Anyhow I had an original BSA Rocket 3 750 triple which would run an honest 125 mph in 1969 and found it fascinating that each piston in the new Rocket 3 was larger than all 3 of the pistons combined from my Rocket 3. What a beast.
 
Yeah, I can't say that would be a practical bike but that's not what it's about. The people that own them swear by them. I would not ever (well maybe) own one but I sure as heck would like to put one through it's paces!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Cant say I'd like to own it, can say I'd like to test ride it

Almost did when it first came out. I was on the Triumph forum in 2003 when a guy in Northern Kentucky got the first one in the area. Rode down on my Bonnie to a Frishes in N Ky and met him and a few other Triumph riders for lunch and to look at the bike. He had a couple hundred miles on it amd offered me a ride, which I turned down. Did sit on it though, the thing was huge, particularly the tank. He was doing big smoky burnouts on it out on the road, and when he came back in I asked him if his dealer had any replacement rear tires for it. He looked like a deer in the headlights lol. He hadn' t thought about that lol.

Anyhow I had an original BSA Rocket 3 750 triple which would run an honest 125 mph in 1969 and found it fascinating that each piston in the new Rocket 3 was larger than all 3 of the pistons combined from my Rocket 3. What a beast.
49e692bd6707faedafa36b9992d50cbd.jpg


Lovely machine :thumbsup:
 
That is a later model PB. Mine had the original ray gun mufflers and was more boxy. Funny I sold it in 1972? to my family doctor, who is still a friend and riding buddy of mine, for $675 lol (I paid $750 for it so I didn't do too bad I thought). Today it would probably fetch $12K

My buddy "Doc Ward" on a trip we took last fall to south eastern Ohio, trying to figure out why his new Beemer wouldn't start. (key fob was in his right saddlebag after removing rain gear lol)

c30081252aef06ec4a1adece236d37cc.jpg
 
Tell Doc Ward that the battery in those key fobs is good for maybe two years, and when it dies, you're SOL. I keep a spare in my jacket just in case.
 
Back
Top