emptysea
Road warrior
Awesome, Ferret. I don't know if I'm more impressed by the 18 year streak or the fact that you kept track of it all that time. LOL
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The ferret_imp said:2020 is going to be unusal for me. Due to the medical issues I have had in 2019 ( and continue to battle) which forced me to miss 53 days of riding (vs the 12 snow/ice related days missed and the 3 rain related days missed) and causing me to miss meeting my yearly goal of 300 days riding per year in 2019, I have decided for the first time in many, many years not to set any goals, either for days ridden or mileage for 2020. Further I am not going to plan any trips or rallies at this time.
If I feel good enough to ride on any given day, I will ride. Distance doesnt matter. I will ride for as long as I feel like riding. If I feel good enough to head out on a trip, I will. If I am able to make the east coast rally, I will be there ( haven't missed one yet). Same goes for my annual Men's Fall Trip I take with family members. If I feel up to it, I'm going. It's all going to be very last minute decisions.
I've had a goal for many years to ride until I am 70. That will be in 157 days from now, so I do hope to meet that one, but whether I ride 300 days or 150 days, or whether I ride 20,000 miles or 10,000 miles in 2020, I'm just not going to worry about it. I plan on trying to get/be as healthy as I can, and let the days, the miles, and the trips take care of themselves.
:rofl: isn't that the truthEmptySea_imp said:I was just re-reading this thread because I will be starting a 2021 "resolution" thread in the next week or so.
I found this quote in Post #2 (If he had only known.....)
The ferret_imp said:2020 is going to be unusal for me. Due to the medical issues I have had in 2019 ( and continue to battle) which forced me to miss 53 days of riding (vs the 12 snow/ice related days missed and the 3 rain related days missed) and causing me to miss meeting my yearly goal of 300 days riding per year in 2019, I have decided for the first time in many, many years not to set any goals, either for days ridden or mileage for 2020. Further I am not going to plan any trips or rallies at this time.
If I feel good enough to ride on any given day, I will ride. Distance doesnt matter. I will ride for as long as I feel like riding. If I feel good enough to head out on a trip, I will. If I am able to make the east coast rally, I will be there ( haven't missed one yet). Same goes for my annual Men's Fall Trip I take with family members. If I feel up to it, I'm going. It's all going to be very last minute decisions.
I've had a goal for many years to ride until I am 70. That will be in 157 days from now, so I do hope to meet that one, but whether I ride 300 days or 150 days, or whether I ride 20,000 miles or 10,000 miles in 2020, I'm just not going to worry about it. I plan on trying to get/be as healthy as I can, and let the days, the miles, and the trips take care of themselves.
If only I were to handle my bank account with the same prudence lolGoldOxide_imp said:Those are prudent goals Tod.
A constant goal for me is to continually connect with a ride in such a way that strokes some sort of emotional value.
There are some days when a ride feels soulless. Maybe it related to too much traffic congestion, or too much heat/dust/humidity, or too much rain, or one too many selfish drivers, or you just couldn't get enough of the right shift points in the way you wanted. Point is: May the next time feel better.
Your records are stunning, ferret, but more important ... I wish you all the best in terms of health for 2021, and that you have many good rides coming, even if aches of some sort throw in a wrench one day or the other. Best !The ferret_imp said:Will be a new record for days ( prev record 338 days) but not in miles ( prev record 29,105 miles in 2017)
Any recorded notes on the coldest day the CB1100 hit the tarmac?The ferret_imp said:Will be a new record for days ( prev record 338 days) but not in miles ( prev record 29,105 miles in 2017)