2020 Rider Resolutions (Goals, Aspirations, and the like)

ysrebob_imp said:
That's interesting about Petrolia ON -- now I have a road trip goal for 2021 already!

There's another claim for an early oil well in Burning Springs, West Virginia, a few hours east from Ferret's home. I stumbled across it years ago out exploring on my old Honda VFR750 (RIP) when I was stationed at Wright-Patt Air Force Base in Ohio. Lots of forgotten history out there!
2013 + Honda CB1100
Yes, there is certainly a lot of oil history in PA and WV. Quite different from the world today. I would also say oil history in Ontario is essentially almost forgotten too. U.S. has Texas, Canada has Alberta. Nobody on this continent seems to refer to anywhere else in regards to traditional extraction.

A bit more regarding oil history in Ontario.

Like olde mines, historic oil wells could make for some decent motorcycle destinations - especially in PA and WV.
 
Just scratched off my motorcycle been to map. Here is a main goal while I can still ride.

Wonder how many hours and days it would take to complete such a loop (yellow)?

Wondering if I could stay up in elevation to stay cool going up and ride the coast back down with some ocean breeze?

ad738d1bafbd495e74a24d3d20d6d68f.jpg
 
Houtman_imp said:
How did you bypass Georgia to get to Florida , did you live in FL ?
Trailer ;-)

My brother-in-law asked the same question.

Family went to the beach, I went riding.
 
offroadfx4_imp said:
Just scratched off my motorcycle been to map. Here is a main goal while I can still ride.

Wonder how many hours and days it would take to complete such a loop (yellow)?

Wondering if I could stay up in elevation to stay cool going up and ride the coast back down with some ocean breeze?

ad738d1bafbd495e74a24d3d20d6d68f.jpg
Where’d you get the map?
 
EmptySea_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
Just scratched off my motorcycle been to map. Here is a main goal while I can still ride.

Wonder how many hours and days it would take to complete such a loop (yellow)?

Wondering if I could stay up in elevation to stay cool going up and ride the coast back down with some ocean breeze?

ad738d1bafbd495e74a24d3d20d6d68f.jpg
Where’d you get the map?
Where’d you get the map? In Georgia …..
 
Houtman_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
offroadfx4_imp said:
Just scratched off my motorcycle been to map. Here is a main goal while I can still ride.

Wonder how many hours and days it would take to complete such a loop (yellow)?

Wondering if I could stay up in elevation to stay cool going up and ride the coast back down with some ocean breeze?

ad738d1bafbd495e74a24d3d20d6d68f.jpg
Where’d you get the map?
Where’d you get the map? In Georgia …..
In Georgia …..
Hilarious! :rofl:
 
I did make a mistake and scratch part of Louisiana thinking it was part of Mississippi LoL

Guess I need to go back to Geography class ;-)

I also trailered across Kansas but thanks to ferret we unloaded at the hotel and rode up to Nebraska to check off that state. HaHa
 
I'm adding a new 2020 resolution for myself..... to always check the original post date of any thread upon which GoldOxide comments before adding my own comment to said thread. :rofl:
 
2020 Motorcycling Goals (updated)

1. Continue my streak of riding at least once every month (started in March, 2014)
2. Attend the Eastern CB1100 Rally
3. Ride 183 days in 2020 (an average of every other day is pretty ambitious for a working stiff)
4. Ride at least 13,000 miles
5. Ride with Ferret
6. Visit at least 10 Tour of Honor sites
7. Complete my second Saddle Sore 1000 (or other Iron Butt ride)
8. Ride in a state (or province? ;) ) in which I have never ridden.
 
^^ 8. (or country)? :D
 
Although I didnt set any " goals" this year other than to ride what days I could (due to several medical issues) I always have in the back of mind riding 300 days and 20,000 miles to have a good year. Due to some good meds keeping my ailments at bay, it's been a pretty good year. Today was my 300th day of riding, and there's still 55 days in the year to ride. If it keeps up it could beat my record year of 2017 in which I rode 338 days.

As far as mileage goes, as of today 18, 425 miles , about 1575 miles to go for 20K. Need about 29 miles a day to do it. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, so I plan on riding about 4 days worth lol.
 
You did more miles this year than the total mileage on my 650 and two CB1100's (and that includes 3K I didn't put on the 2nd CB!).

Yah, too much heat in the Valley of the Sun, and too many hobbies. :D
 
Rboe_imp said:
You did more miles this year than the total mileage on my 650 and two CB1100's (and that includes 3K I didn't put on the 2nd CB!).

Yah, too much heat in the Valley of the Sun, and too many hobbies. :D
It would be interesting to compare who has it worse:

Summer riding in southern AZ, or winter riding in the snow regions?

I reckon winter in Minnesota or Manitoba might get an exemption.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
2020 Motorcycling Goals (updated)

1. Continue my streak of riding at least once every month (started in March, 2014)
2. Attend the Eastern CB1100 Rally
3. Ride 183 days in 2020 (an average of every other day is pretty ambitious for a working stiff)
4. Ride at least 13,000 miles
5. Ride with Ferret
6. Visit at least 10 Tour of Honor sites
7. Complete my second Saddle Sore 1000 (or other Iron Butt ride)
8. Ride in a state (or province? ;) ) in which I have never ridden.
No SS1000 for me this year. Turns out that I didn't add a state to my list, either -- should have taken a ride to Delaware when I was out that way. I did get to ride with Ferret, always a pleasure, visit 10 TOH sites (12 actually), attend the Rally, and ride 13,000 miles (14,450 and counting).

I'm at Riding Day 157 for 2020. I will need to ride every other day for the rest of the year to get to 183 riding days. That is highly unlikely, but we shall see.
 
Even though not a goal today's ride took me over 20,000 miles for the year on day 325 of riding, so both not goals met lol

also as this is Dec 2nd, today's ride makes it (I believe) 18 consecutive years now that I have ridden all 12 months of the year
 
Back
Top