Ack-CB11_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
I'm just shooting for the 2020 EC Rally
ACK
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
That's sounds like a great plan! Hope you stay healthy so maybe we can ride to ND & SD with MTC next summer!The ferret_imp said:2020 is going to be unusal for me. Due to the medical issues I have had in 2019 ( and continue to battle) which forced me to miss 53 days of riding (vs the 12 snow/ice related days missed and the 3 rain related days missed) and causing me to miss meeting my yearly goal of 300 days riding per year in 2019, I have decided for the first time in many, many years not to set any goals, either for days ridden or mileage for 2020. Further I am not going to plan any trips or rallies at this time.
If I feel good enough to ride on any given day, I will ride. Distance doesnt matter. I will ride for as long as I feel like riding. If I feel good enough to head out on a trip, I will. If I am able to make the east coast rally, I will be there ( haven't missed one yet). Same goes for my annual Men's Fall Trip I take with family members. If I feel up to it, I'm going. It's all going to be very last minute decisions.
I've had a goal for many years to ride until I am 70. That will be in 157 days from now, so I do hope to meet that one, but whether I ride 300 days or 150 days, or whether I ride 20,000 miles or 10,000 miles in 2020, I'm just not going to worry about it. I plan on trying to get/be as healthy as I can, and let the days, the miles, and the trips take care of themselves.

Good plan! Reminds me of this from a particular movie:The ferret_imp said:2020 is going to be unusal for me. Due to the medical issues I have had in 2019 ( and continue to battle) which forced me to miss 53 days of riding (vs the 12 snow/ice related days missed and the 3 rain related days missed) and causing me to miss meeting my yearly goal of 300 days riding per year in 2019, I have decided for the first time in many, many years not to set any goals, either for days ridden or mileage for 2020. Further I am not going to plan any trips or rallies at this time.
If I feel good enough to ride on any given day, I will ride. Distance doesnt matter. I will ride for as long as I feel like riding. If I feel good enough to head out on a trip, I will. If I am able to make the east coast rally, I will be there ( haven't missed one yet). Same goes for my annual Men's Fall Trip I take with family members. If I feel up to it, I'm going. It's all going to be very last minute decisions.
I've had a goal for many years to ride until I am 70. That will be in 157 days from now, so I do hope to meet that one, but whether I ride 300 days or 150 days, or whether I ride 20,000 miles or 10,000 miles in 2020, I'm just not going to worry about it. I plan on trying to get/be as healthy as I can, and let the days, the miles, and the trips take care of themselves.
Classic.pdedse_imp said:Good plan! Reminds me of this from a particular movie:The ferret_imp said:2020 is going to be unusal for me. Due to the medical issues I have had in 2019 ( and continue to battle) which forced me to miss 53 days of riding (vs the 12 snow/ice related days missed and the 3 rain related days missed) and causing me to miss meeting my yearly goal of 300 days riding per year in 2019, I have decided for the first time in many, many years not to set any goals, either for days ridden or mileage for 2020. Further I am not going to plan any trips or rallies at this time.
If I feel good enough to ride on any given day, I will ride. Distance doesnt matter. I will ride for as long as I feel like riding. If I feel good enough to head out on a trip, I will. If I am able to make the east coast rally, I will be there ( haven't missed one yet). Same goes for my annual Men's Fall Trip I take with family members. If I feel up to it, I'm going. It's all going to be very last minute decisions.
I've had a goal for many years to ride until I am 70. That will be in 157 days from now, so I do hope to meet that one, but whether I ride 300 days or 150 days, or whether I ride 20,000 miles or 10,000 miles in 2020, I'm just not going to worry about it. I plan on trying to get/be as healthy as I can, and let the days, the miles, and the trips take care of themselves.
Just replace "run,ran" with "ride/rode"...
"That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So, I ran to the end of the road...when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. When I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbough County. Now see, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. That's what I did...for no particular reason I just kept on going...might as well turn around and keep on going...might as well as just turn back, keep right on going...when I got tired, I slept, when I got hungry, I ate, and when I had to go, you know...I went"
Good plan! Reminds me of this from a particular movie:pdedse_imp said:Good plan! Reminds me of this from a particular movie:The ferret_imp said:2020 is going to be unusal for me. Due to the medical issues I have had in 2019 ( and continue to battle) which forced me to miss 53 days of riding (vs the 12 snow/ice related days missed and the 3 rain related days missed) and causing me to miss meeting my yearly goal of 300 days riding per year in 2019, I have decided for the first time in many, many years not to set any goals, either for days ridden or mileage for 2020. Further I am not going to plan any trips or rallies at this time.
If I feel good enough to ride on any given day, I will ride. Distance doesnt matter. I will ride for as long as I feel like riding. If I feel good enough to head out on a trip, I will. If I am able to make the east coast rally, I will be there ( haven't missed one yet). Same goes for my annual Men's Fall Trip I take with family members. If I feel up to it, I'm going. It's all going to be very last minute decisions.
I've had a goal for many years to ride until I am 70. That will be in 157 days from now, so I do hope to meet that one, but whether I ride 300 days or 150 days, or whether I ride 20,000 miles or 10,000 miles in 2020, I'm just not going to worry about it. I plan on trying to get/be as healthy as I can, and let the days, the miles, and the trips take care of themselves.
Just replace "run,ran" with "ride/rode"...
"That day, for no particular reason, I decided to go for a little run. So, I ran to the end of the road...when I got there, I thought maybe I'd run to the end of town. When I got there, I thought maybe I'd just run across Greenbough County. Now see, since I run this far, maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. That's what I did...for no particular reason I just kept on going...might as well turn around and keep on going...might as well as just turn back, keep right on going...when I got tired, I slept, when I got hungry, I ate, and when I had to go, you know...I went"
You might have to zigzag a little, but should work lolEmptySea_imp said:Don't worry, we'll figure it out. One way would be that you and Offroad take your time getting to the cool parts and I do an Iron Butt to get out to meet you. That would help me knock off item #7 on my Resolution List
#1: An amazingly choice collection.ysrebob_imp said:1. finish installing a garage heater (Modine 45K btu)
2. NO MORE BIKES! Current fleet is as follows
- 2017 CB1100
- 2019 Super Cub
- 2004 BMW R1100S
- 1997 Guzzi 1100 Sport
At a certain point more bikes = LESS riding as you sink all your time into keeping the herd fed and watered.
3. ride the Blue Ridge Parkway out to the southern end and back (3rd year running), and this time work it out so there's time to visit the Wheels of Time motorcycle museum in western NC
4. ride up to see Drake's oil well in PA, reputedly the first in the USA
yesiree, Bob