2020 Poll - forum member age

Guth_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
It seems like it might be appropriate to create a new poll. This time, I personally would be interested to know what ages make up our current, active member base. If you ride a CB1100, great! If not, and you still enjoy this forum then that's definitely cool too. I would still encourage your participation in this poll.

To clarify the poll question, please indicate what your age will be at the end of 2020.

As far as comments associated with the poll are concerned, maybe include a note regarding what motorcycle you are currently riding the most. How long you've been hanging around the forum, be it actively or lurking. Or anything else that you might care to add that seems like it might be relevant.

Finally, no one is being forced to do this. I am asking for your participation simply because I am curious about the demographic of those currently using this forum that the moderators and I work to keep up & running. If you are not comfortable with this, then no problem.

This poll is a "limited time offer" so to speak and will time out at the end of 2020.

Thanks,
Guth
 
I ride a 2011 CB1100 that I bought in September 2013. I’ve been hanging around this forum since early December 2013.
 
Thread starter
I should mention that unlike when I first started this forum, the CB1100 is now my only motorcycle. What hasn't changed is that I still find my CB1100 to be the most attractive motorcycle introduced in a very long time. The fact that it happens to suit my needs exceptionally well is the icing on the cake. This motorcycle "just does it" for me.
 
I’ll be 67 in May. I got my bike new in April or May of 2013 and joined the forum right after Guth turned it on and I check in pretty much every day. Before that I was on the UK board but it never really took off. I ride the CB as my main bike and don’t ride the ST1300 much, just for road trips.
 
I Just started riding again when I turned 60 and bought my '14 Standard two years ago. It's just turning over 10,000 miles and I ride my VTX about the same amount. I enjoy being able to choose between two completely different riding styles on a whim.
 
I had a CB1100 '13 from 2014 to 2016, which led me to the forum October 2014.

Spring 2016 I sold the CB against a new CBF1000F, which does fit more to my riding needs. However. still contribute to this forum and had the honor, to meet some forum members last year in the USA.
 
I turn 70 in May. Joined in April 14th 2013, ordered my 2013 at my local dealership before they knew they were coming to the states. Rode it 8400 miles and traded it in the next year on a 2014 Deluxe which I'm still riding with 49,000 miles on it. I also ride a 2018 FJR Yamaha which currently has 27,000 miles on it. Daily rider and it depends on the weather which bike gets ridden. Summer months it's the CB, winter months it's the FJR. Luckily I have made it to every forum rally thus far and plan on making this years rally in PA if the Covid is over.
 
So... at this point in time I'm the first -- and so far only -- one in the 76+ bracket. I know there are several (many?) more. Let's see how many vote.

I bought my '14 STD in 2016 and kept it for about three years. I loved the bike -- reminiscent of the many CB750's I had in my youth. Then I bought a Fury in 2018 but traded both for a Harley Sport Glide in 2019.

Still check in to this forum daily. One of the best -- if not *the* best -- forum I've ever followed...
 
I have a 2013 cast wheel which I bought last year as a second bike. My main ride is a 2016 T120 Bonneville.
I enjoy them both equally !
 
I'll be 74 in December, 2020.
I bought my Oct 2018 CB1100 as a crashed 'bike in Feb 2019.
My main 'bike is/was a BMW R100R (I've sold it to my brother-in-law in France but he can't come and get it until after this virus business).
I've just bought a 1965 Yamaha YDS3 from Colorado, shipped to the UK - it's not roadworthy yet.
My other 'bike is my late Dad's BSA C15T, currently being restored by a professional.
I joined this Forum in February, 2019.and it's about the best Forum I've been on - great information and the nicest members. :hello:
 
Guth_imp said:
It seems like it might be appropriate to create a new poll. This time, I personally would be interested to know what ages make up our current, active member base. If you ride a CB1100, great! If not, and you still enjoy this forum then that's definitely cool too. I would still encourage your participation in this poll.

To clarify the poll question, please indicate what your age will be at the end of 2020.

As far as comments associated with the poll are concerned, maybe include a note regarding what motorcycle you are currently riding the most. How long you've been hanging around the forum, be it actively or lurking. Or anything else that you might care to add that seems like it might be relevant.

Finally, no one is being forced to do this. I am asking for your participation simply because I am curious about the demographic of those currently using this forum that the moderators and I work to keep up & running. If you are not comfortable with this, then no problem.

This poll is a "limited time offer" so to speak and will time out at the end of 2020.

Thanks,
Guth

Are you going to quantify end of '20 results with percentages from original poll? It wouldn't be a very scientific comparison because of too many uncontrolled factors, but it would be interesting to see in general terms how much the group has "matured".
 
I got my 2013 and joined in May of 2014. The CB is my only and most likely last bike. I've been to 2 west coast rallies (thanks Kenny!). I mostly use the bike for commuting, 21,000+ on the OD.
 
I bought mine in late Jan of 2016. 2014 Deluxe. My wife and I had decided to move from Florida (37 years there) to Western NC, and me buying a bike was part of the "deal". I spent probably 6 months of searching Bike Trader for a DLX, and finally, just after we moved here, one showed up about 80 miles away in SC. I couldn't write the check fast enough! This was my first bike after taking a 26 year "vacation" from motorcycling - kids, job, boats, other priorities, etc got in the way. I was trying to recapture my youth on a KZ900, and this bike more than filled that void for me. I found the forum around the time I bought the bike, and have been extremely grateful for the moderators, Guth, and all the helpful folks who've helped to guide my decisions along the way!

I'll turn 64 in early Sept. Last year was a great birthday, hanging with and riding with my forum friends at the East Coast Rally in West Virginia!
 
I'm 58. I have a 2013 CB1100 that I bought brand new in 2017. It has 30,000 miles on it. My previous 2013 CB1100 which I bought brand new in 2013, had 32,000 miles on it when I traded it in. I've been an infrequent contributor to this form since June, 2013.
 
Max is 65 this year, bought the bike in 2017 after a test drive of about 2 km's, instantly felt at home on it, looks great, instills confidence and automatically seems to go where the rider wishes to go to and is a talking point with previous Honda owners who can't resist; Did you restore that bike?
It's trouble free and you can do all the basic work on it yourself if you're handy with tools, seems to last on the road a lot longer than even the legendary cb750's , what's not to like?
 
Rode my first motorcycles when I was 20.
I will be 74 on May 8th, Victory in Europe Day.
That is usually my first day-ride of the season.
My CB1100 EX will only be 3.
 
I turned 68 April 9th, and on April 26 I’ll be a member here for 5 years. I bought my used 2014 Deluxe in 2015 and installed the Red/gold Whitehouse K10 kit on it. I mainly ride my BMW R1200R or my Road King Classic, but I take short early morning rides on the CB...I love this bike!
 
Back
Top