2019 Rider Resolutions (Goals, Aspirations, and the like)

Thanks guys.

Well, apparently I'm really sick lol. Who knew? 101 fever in the office. They gave me a breathing treatment to try and get rid of the wispy sound in my lungs. A script for arithromycin or something like that (anti-biotic?), a script for cough medicine with codeine every 4 hours (no bike riding for 5 days ... supposedly lol). A script for some kind of inhaler to use a couple times a day (again for the wispy lungs). Gargle with warm salt water a couple of times a day, and a saline nasal spray a couple times a day to loosen congestion. Geezalou.....

If I were a Honda CB 1100 I would be ready for a total rebuild lol
 
If you were a horse ... oh, never mind. Just take care and get well quickly.
 
Well ferret, as that old cliché goes, "If it wasn't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all!"
Take it easy and get well.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Nice work, Ferret! Hope you get relief for your bronchial issues

Ended yesterday with 10,997 miles for 2019
Rode to a morning meeting and then to my office this morning. I'm at exactly 11,000 for 2019 for the moment with 138 riding days. That's 2,000 miles and 12 days short of my goal, but I've ridden more miles in December this year than in any previous December and I still have at least 3 or 4 rideable days to go. (Loving my heated gear!).
Yea Sea heated gear makes a world of difference. Like I said before 11,000 miles in a year is a good year for a working stiff, and likely 2x the miles an average motorcyclist puts on a year.

Our weather is supposed to be great with Christmas in the 50's. I'm riding Christmas no matter what.

Blockhead_imp said:
Well done ferret, it’s been a rough year for you health-wise. Hope you have a better 2020...I myself am heading into rotator cuff repair surgery in a few weeks...ugh.
Ugg I had rotator cuff surgery back in the 90's. It was not fun. I feel for ya Blockhead. Maybe they have figured out a way that's less invasive and shorter recovery. I think my recovery was about 6 months before I could draw a hunting weight bow again. best of luck with yours. Keep us informed.
 
Thread starter
Well, I had my longest ride of the month on the shortest day of the year. 201 miles. 139 riding days.... and the forecast looks good for daily rides for the next several days. The ability to ride on as many as 20 days in December takes whatever minor sting out of missing a few 2019 riding goals.
 
Have no specific riding goals for this year, which soon will end. Things develope as they will do in the next one after the other.

Today I reached 226 riding days this year. It's not so bad I think. There will surely be some more until the year is over.

Wisedrum
 
226 days isnt bad at all Wisedrum, not bad at all. That's a lot happy days.
 
well with today's 40 mile ride at 35 degrees and sprinkling rain, that wraps up the year for me.

Total days ridden 291
Total miles on CB 5,628
Total miles on FJR 14,773
Total miles 20,401
ave miles per day 70

Missed 57 days to medical issues, 15 days to snow, and 4 days when it rained hard all day and I chose not to ride.
Least miles in a day was 30 on the FJR in the rain
Most miles in a day was 290 on the CB
Most miles in a day on the FJR was 283
Most miles in a week was 1,320
Most miles in a month was 3,402
most miles in a month on the CB was 1,772
most miles in a month on the FJR was 1,957
I had 4 months with over 2,000 miles (April, July, Aug & Sept)

Since I didn't take any major trips this year, and had so many medical issues, it was the worst for total mileage since I retired in mid 2013.
Since my first year of full retirement in 2014 I have ridden 144,998 miles in 1767 days for an average of 82 miles per day
Since my first year of full retirement I have averaged 24,166 miles per year and 295 days riding per year
Since I started keep track of my mileage in 2008 I have ridden 212,028 miles
Wish I had kept track from 1965-2007

My goal has always been to ride until I am at least 70. That happens in May 2020.
 
The ferret_imp said:
well with today's 40 mile ride at 35 degrees and sprinkling rain, that wraps up the year for me.

Total days ridden 291
Total miles on CB 5,628
Total miles on FJR 14,773
Total miles 20,401
ave miles per day 70

Missed 57 days to medical issues, 15 days to snow, and 4 days when it rained hard all day and I chose not to ride.
Least miles in a day was 30 on the FJR in the rain
Most miles in a day was 290 on the CB
Most miles in a day on the FJR was 283
Most miles in a week was 1,320
Most miles in a month was 3,402
most miles in a month on the CB was 1,772
most miles in a month on the FJR was 1,957
I had 4 months with over 2,000 miles (April, July, Aug & Sept)

Since I didn't take any major trips this year, and had so many medical issues, it was the worst for total mileage since I retired in mid 2013.
Since my first year of full retirement in 2014 I have ridden 144,998 miles in 1767 days for an average of 82 miles per day
Since my first year of full retirement I have averaged 24,166 miles per year and 295 days riding per year
Since I started keep track of my mileage in 2008 I have ridden 212,028 miles
Wish I had kept track from 1965-2007

My goal has always been to ride until I am at least 70. That happens in May 2020.
Wow, that's great ferret. Wish I had stats like that.

Now that is 70 is coming soon, time to change the goal line to 75 ;-)

Arnold Schwarzenegger the “Terminator” star, 72, posted a snap from his winter jaunt with 89-year-old pal Clint Eastwood.....both these guys still skiing...wow!


Hope I'm active that long!
 
You'd have unbelievable stats if you had just started earlier offroad, but you've sure made up for it lately.

From May my goal is going to be year by year lol. I'll ride as long as I feel comfortable riding. Can guarantee you i won't make Rocky longevity, at least not and still be riding.

Thanks for the pic...2 of my favorite action stars. I love the Expendables movies with all those old guys, and Grand Torino was great too.

w/re to Eastwood, I think doing anything at 89 is impressive lol
 
Thread starter
I try to keep reasonable pace with The Ferret on riding statistics, always taking into consideration my employment status. Congratulations, Ferret on another great riding year. I will post my YE stats a bit later.
 
Oh and I also put 2,218 miles on my truck this year :rolleyes:
 
Thread starter
EmptySea 2019 Stats

Total days ridden: 147
Total miles on CB: 11,710
Avg. miles per day: 80

Least miles in a day: 2 (5/31 commute)
Most miles in a day: 556 (7/8 Chicago, IL to Erie,PA)
Most miles in a month: 2276 (July)
I had 2 months with over 2,000 miles (July, August)
 
I hear by resolve to thoroughly enjoy the sidecar rig that is being built for me this winter.

I had originally selected a replica of the older HD sidecar to mount to my 2014 Standard. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Besides, it is the ST that has become a challenge to hold up with the old failing knees. So the last minute decision was to ship off the ST for custom mounts, a leading link suspension, and a sidecar that, stylistically isn't a good Match for the ST. OH Well.

My CB is still a two wheel motorcycle. I have no problem with the weight or handling of the CB and will continue to ride it on the shorter trips this coming season.

I'll make an effort to figure out how to include pictures and write some "Seat Time" posts with both the CB and the ST/Hack.

Happy New Year to all. And, to our friends in OZ; may you soon see some relief from the horrific weather and fires.

jim
 
Wow can't wait to see pics of an ST with a leading link front end. Should be cool Capt.
 
Cormanus 2019 Stats

I post these by way of interest, really, as a contrast to the Ferret and EmptySea who try to ride as many days as possible.

Total Days ridden: 78
Total kms on CB: 23,640
Avg. kms / day: 303
 
14,689 and 188 miles per day ... boy when you go for a ride you go for a ride Cormanus. Great year by any measure.

12,600 miles and 54 per day...Congrats on a great year too Wisedrum.
 
Back
Top