2019 Rider Resolutions (Goals, Aspirations, and the like)

Thread starter
Stay the course, Ferret.

I managed to ride to work most of this week, bringing my total miles to 10,700+ (well short of 12,000) and the number of riding days to 132. Should be able to beat last years # of days (134) and going to shoot for 145 based on the extended weather forecast which has only a few snowy days included.

Fingers crossed.
 
Sea, looking back at my records which go back to 2008 when I worked full time, up until I retired in 2013, I averaged 10,718 miles per year, so I'd say you are doing pretty good.

After 2013, when I was able to ride full time lol, my average jumped up to a little over 25,000 miles a year ( which will go down a bit after this year)
 
Thread starter
cut out of work at about 3:15, rode home and changed, then finished with an even 100 miles on a very pretty, but slightly cloudy (then dark, LOL) day with temps around 40f. 133 riding days logged.
 
Sat Dec 14..day 278...rained all night but quit about 11 am, so I got out for 63 miles on damp roads about 2 PM...44 degrees, gloomy and overcast. Only need 257 more miles.

Might get some snow tomorrow evening, so I will be riding in the morning lol
 
Sun Dec 15..Day 279..35 degrees and clear for today's 67 mile ride on the workhorse. 190 miles to go.
 
Thread starter
12/14: temp 32f miles 59
12/15: temp 25f miles 76
Total riding days 135, surpassing last year.

Shooting for 145 riding days and 11,000 miles.

Go Mickey Go!
 
Tues Dec 17..Day 280... Well it snowed again this morning. It stopped snowing by 10:30 and by 3 pm the roads looked clear enough, so I went for a ride. Only did 40 miles but it beats staring out the window lol. 150 miles to go.
 
Thread starter
While I fully understand that riding beats looking out your window, I also know that you have a perfectly lovely view from said window.

You should be able to wrap up that 150 by the end of the week.
 
Weather forecast is very favorable
 
Wed Dec 18..Day 281 28 degrees and snow flurries for today's 63 mile ride on the FJR. Only 87 miles to go
 
Thur Dec 19 day 282... 39 degrees and overcast today. Got in 57 miles on the FJR which turned over 23,000 miles on today's ride. Only need 30 more to make goal. ...Tomorrow
 
Friday Dec 20 day 283... Haven't been feeling too good the last few days. Started as a dry cough with no phlegm, has turned into Bronchitis or Pneumonia or the plague lol. Low grade fever, chills, honking cough, zero energy. I call it the crud. Headed to Doctor in 1/2 hour. But managed to pull on some riding clothes at 10 AM and get in 31 miles. So now at 20,001 miles in 2019..GOAL MET! And now I'll quit pestering you with daily ride reports lol

300 day riding goal can not be met. If I run the table it will be 294 days ridden this year. Didn't meet goal, but not bad considering the health issues I've had this year, which cost me 50 something days of riding (mostly in May and June).
 
riding in that cold weather and breathing that cold air into your lungs, might not be that good for you.. good luck at the docs..
 
Try to find health Ferret. Bronchitis-like symptoms while riding can be unsafe.

Looks like a very solid year of riding by other people's standards. :thumbsup:
 
Thread starter
Nice work, Ferret! Hope you get relief for your bronchial issues

Ended yesterday with 10,997 miles for 2019
Rode to a morning meeting and then to my office this morning. I'm at exactly 11,000 for 2019 for the moment with 138 riding days. That's 2,000 miles and 12 days short of my goal, but I've ridden more miles in December this year than in any previous December and I still have at least 3 or 4 rideable days to go. (Loving my heated gear!).
 
.....Mickey, YOU DID IT = congrats :clap:
.....Ferret, Ferret.....USA.....Ferret, Ferret.........

c7fc7f940a7507441899108b02e40d73.png
 
Great work, Mickey. Get well, eh?
 
Well done ferret, it’s been a rough year for you health-wise. Hope you have a better 2020...I myself am heading into rotator cuff repair surgery in a few weeks...ugh.
 
Back
Top