2018 ROYAL ENFIELD 650CC INTERCEPTOR

VLJ_imp said:
Nortoon Wrote:At least it won't be a blind date. My married friends tried that unsuccessfully too many times.
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Well you can't very well go on dates with someone who knows your wife so what's a fellow to do?:biker:
 
Banned_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
Nortoon Wrote:At least it won't be a blind date. My married friends tried that unsuccessfully too many times.
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Well you can't very well go on dates with someone who knows your wife so what's a fellow to do?:biker:
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Well you can't very well go on dates with someone who knows your wife so what's a fellow to do?:biker: What is the world coming too , you can't even mess around any more !
Banned_imp said:
VLJ_imp said:
Nortoon Wrote:At least it won't be a blind date. My married friends tried that unsuccessfully too many times.
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Well you can't very well go on dates with someone who knows your wife so what's a fellow to do?:biker:
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?
Well you can't very well go on dates with someone who knows your wife so what's a fellow to do?:biker: What is the world coming too , you can't even mess around any more !
 
Finally had an opportunity to sit on the new RE 650 Interceptor at the dealership today. Pretty bike, but it's bigger and taller than I expected, and heavier too. Nice fit & finish and build quality, but it's not for me. I didn't bother to ride it. I was turned off by the heft just sitting on it. For this style of motorbike, I think the Moto Guzzi V7 is the better choice.
 
Nice video. Reasons given in the video is why I bought the CB1100. Its also the reason why I bought my '13 FLHRC. Don't need all the gadgets to make me happy. Thanks for sharing.l
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Finally had an opportunity to sit on the new RE 650 Interceptor at the dealership today. Pretty bike, but it's bigger and taller than I expected, and heavier too. Nice fit & finish and build quality, but it's not for me. I didn't bother to ride it. I was turned off by the heft just sitting on it. For this style of motorbike, I think the Moto Guzzi V7 is the better choice.
The W800 first edition is it for me. No wonder, I have one.

Wisedrum
 
A Guzzi guy and Facebook buddy just picked up one; he is smitten by it. Reviews in GB have been falling all over it - must admit I'm tempted. One reviewer said it felt lighter on her feet than is T120 Bonnie. Then again he also said the seat was low and he could flat foot it with his 32" inseam but...... the nice high seal allowed him to see over traffic. Well. Which one is it? LOL

I'm more in the market for something to play in the dirt - a small to mid sized dual sport. In truth, the CB pretty much fills the same niche this bike does while probably being better on the slab. May have to test ride one. :)
 
I recently went to the Royal Enfield demo ride. I opted to ride the GT over the interceptor. That bike is so skinny it felt like it was barely there. The cafe style positioning wasn't as extreme as I thought even though the ride was short I could imagine myself on that bike for extended periods of time, although likely not as comfortable as the Interceptor which I imagine to be comparable to the CB. I was impressed with the fit and finish of the bike, it looks great in person. I was a little disappointed with the route and time of the demo ride, but there were tones of people there and I guess they were trying to get as many people as they could on a bike. I would say the 650 twins make a good beginner bike, they are light and easy to handle, inexpensive and have a great classic look. The sound of the engine and the stock pipes were great, I really liked the gauges and suspension were impressive for this price point. Not about to trade the CB in on one, but I was really happy to try it. If I had a smaller friend that was looking to start or maybe a second bike I'd recommend it, especially with the chrome tank on the interceptor. WOW!
 
Thread starter
bigsheep_imp said:
I recently went to the Royal Enfield demo ride. I opted to ride the GT over the interceptor. That bike is so skinny it felt like it was barely there. The cafe style positioning wasn't as extreme as I thought even though the ride was short I could imagine myself on that bike for extended periods of time, although likely not as comfortable as the Interceptor which I imagine to be comparable to the CB. I was impressed with the fit and finish of the bike, it looks great in person. I was a little disappointed with the route and time of the demo ride, but there were tones of people there and I guess they were trying to get as many people as they could on a bike. I would say the 650 twins make a good beginner bike, they are light and easy to handle, inexpensive and have a great classic look. The sound of the engine and the stock pipes were great, I really liked the gauges and suspension were impressive for this price point. Not about to trade the CB in on one, but I was really happy to try it. If I had a smaller friend that was looking to start or maybe a second bike I'd recommend it, especially with the chrome tank on the interceptor. WOW!
I have searched for dealers in Ontario selling the new Royal Enfield 650s on the internet with no luck. There is one east of Ottawa, but there is nothing about the new twins on his website. Would love a chance to take a test drive.

The Interceptor with the chrome tank would be my choice as well.


What was the asking price here in Canada?
 
Vintage Old Cranks in Acton is also a dealer, but quite a ways from you Nortoon. It could also be a good choice for someone who needed a lighter bike than the CB. It is 100lbs less.
 
Are we not going to comment on the swanky Ford Granada two-door in Nortoon's driveway in that picture?
 
Thread starter
Gone in 60_imp said:
Are we not going to comment on the swanky Ford Granada two-door in Nortoon's driveway in that picture?
My first car was an old Ford Pinto that my brother sold me for a dollar. The seats had 2x4s under them to keep them from going through the rusty floor. One frigid winter night while driving Penny home from a date the heater failed. The next day I was told "Get a new car, or get a new girlfriend." Didn't take me long to show up with that Mercury Monarch.
 
I really love the look of the INT 650. Would be tough to decide between the Orange Crush color or that Glitter and Dust alloy.

I have yet to ride one and I would maybe be disappointed in the power, but for an around town bike it might just be perfect.
 
Back
Top