Nortoon_imp
Road warrior
Thread starter
These people just keep whispering the right words in my ear.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.



Not for me. I already have a Kawa W800 and a Bullet besides the CB. But I like the fact, that a few manufacturers try their attempts in a fight against ever harder restrictions and bring the last air/oilcooled bigger motorbikes to live, that build a nice contrast to mostly new and in my eyes modern ugly transformer bikes that doesn't aim at me being totally lost in timeless old classic retro design and feeling good with it. But it's a fight that can't be won on the long run.Cormanus_imp said:Surely the new Enfield has some modern touches that will make it, like the CB1100, a new bike. Therefore worth a try?
My BSAs had about the same horsepower, but carburetors, a 4 speed gear box, and poor brakes. The new Interceptor has fuel injection, a 6 speed gearbox, and ABS disk brakes.Cormanus_imp said:Surely the new Enfield has some modern touches that will make it, like the CB1100, a new bike. Therefore worth a try?
My BSAs had about the same horsepower, but carburetors, a 4 speed gear box, and poor brakes. The new Interceptor has fuel injection, a 6 speed gearbox, and ABS disk brakes.Nortoon_imp said:My BSAs had about the same horsepower, but carburetors, a 4 speed gear box, and poor brakes. The new Interceptor has fuel injection, a 6 speed gearbox, and ABS disk brakes.Cormanus_imp said:Surely the new Enfield has some modern touches that will make it, like the CB1100, a new bike. Therefore worth a try?
Like the BSAs it has bolt and nut valve adjustment. An easy and simple procedure I am familiar with. That could save some shop time and expense.
At least it won't be a blind date. My married friends tried that unsuccessfully too many times. The one I best remember was a Saturday morning call from a buddy with a girl's address. I was working on a bike at the time: unwashed, unshaven, sloppily dressed and greasy. Decided to go as I was since all the other setups were failures.Cormanus_imp said:My BSAs had about the same horsepower, but carburetors, a 4 speed gear box, and poor brakes. The new Interceptor has fuel injection, a 6 speed gearbox, and ABS disk brakes.Nortoon_imp said:My BSAs had about the same horsepower, but carburetors, a 4 speed gear box, and poor brakes. The new Interceptor has fuel injection, a 6 speed gearbox, and ABS disk brakes.Cormanus_imp said:Surely the new Enfield has some modern touches that will make it, like the CB1100, a new bike. Therefore worth a try?
Like the BSAs it has bolt and nut valve adjustment. An easy and simple procedure I am familiar with. That could save some shop time and expense.
Like the BSAs it has bolt and nut valve adjustment. An easy and simple procedure I am familiar with. That could save some shop time and expense.
So it would be more akin to trying a new but similar-looking girlfriend than revisiting an old affair?
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?VLJ_imp said:Nortoon Wrote:At least it won't be a blind date. My married friends tried that unsuccessfully too many times.
Going out on blind dates when you're married. Yep, a surefire recipe for success. I mean, what could go wrong?