2018 Gold Wing

I meant to read it needs 20% fewer or how much needs the actual / old

Well in my place with my drivestyle i need 4.9l for 100km
 
Thanks for posting LongRanger! I'm with MTC...I've had my heart set on a K1600GT but I may have to give this a ride before I pull the trigger ;-)
 
Thats not the new goldy !

Btw.
I have a colleague that changed from a pan european 1100 to this BMW Gt.....had problems with it (forgott wich kind) he changed back to the 1300 pan european after 5-6 months and now again very happy with honda..
 
'17 & '18 Goldwings from the front. The new Goldwing from the front looks similar to the ST I think.

226d91346f97f922056061aa7ef407d1.jpg


b4ad8e9113aa4fba06890bf73d28a0d0.jpg


HondaProKevin has put together a lot of the details available for the '18 Wing.
 
Banned_imp said:
use2b_imp said:
I really do like it and the wife just said " go get one " soooo i am thinking about it
I think I love your wife too...
I think I love your wife too...
You Sir have good taste :thumbsup:

Most likely I will be selling my K10 soon and never thought i would but it was a fun year and i really love this bike. the CB750 and CB160 will also be sold and I will be buying a new Wing which will be my 4th.
local Honda expects them in 1 month so the first red one with no trunk i will buy before i sell the K10 . cool thing when your wife is as much enthused as you are. conversation went like = what does it cost about $35K ? , no Dear only about 28 ...... Lets get one !
Now that is a Keeper Guys :thumbsup:

last one i took the windshield off and if i didn't look back at the couch , thought it was a sport bike .....
 








it seems there is now a exhaust fetish boss at honda....after the ne CB sounds very chrunchy no more that very whisper...now too the GW




 
Called Gulf Shores Honda to reserve and put down a deposit on the first Red one without the trunk and all the Chrome . I have purchased 3 bikes from them cash and they shave off K's
ends up HONDA says i can not have that unless i buy the one with the trunk then pay for 4 hours to remove the trunk and install the optional plastic piece ..................... So I bailed out like all engines failed on an aircraft
 
Passed a number of used Goldwings when I was at my Honda dealer picking up oil and a filter for my EX. The end of riding season prices were very attractive considering a new 2018 wing with a trunk (no DCT or airbag) would cost CDN$36,000.00 cash out the door.

I had no interest in a heavier motorcycle until a mature Goldwing rider (or is that driver?) flew by me on a cold and windy day on Highway 15. But the big fairing, comfy seat, saddlebags and trunk would be nice.

However there is very little chance of a trade, as this old tightwad has trouble spending $500 for a rear rack and engine guards.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
Passed a number of used Goldwings when I was at my Honda dealer picking up oil and a filter for my EX. The end of riding season prices were very attractive considering a new 2018 wing with a trunk (no DCT or airbag) would cost CDN$36,000.00 cash out the door.

I had no interest in a heavier motorcycle until a mature Goldwing rider (or is that driver?) flew by me on a cold and windy day on Highway 15. But the big fairing, comfy seat, saddlebags and trunk would be nice.

However there is very little chance of a trade, as this old tightwad has trouble spending $500 for a rear rack and engine guards.
agree , i have lost by desire for a new wing and the old ones are to huge. " couch on wheels "
but would not mind spending a grand on parts if i drop my bike rather than put up with unsightly engine guards. BTW my 1976 Honda CB750 came with them and there in the heap pile somewhere around here.....
 
use2b_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
Passed a number of used Goldwings when I was at my Honda dealer picking up oil and a filter for my EX. The end of riding season prices were very attractive considering a new 2018 wing with a trunk (no DCT or airbag) would cost CDN$36,000.00 cash out the door.

I had no interest in a heavier motorcycle until a mature Goldwing rider (or is that driver?) flew by me on a cold and windy day on Highway 15. But the big fairing, comfy seat, saddlebags and trunk would be nice.

However there is very little chance of a trade, as this old tightwad has trouble spending $500 for a rear rack and engine guards.
agree , i have lost by desire for a new wing and the old ones are to huge. " couch on wheels "
but would not mind spending a grand on parts if i drop my bike rather than put up with unsightly engine guards. BTW my 1976 Honda CB750 came with them and there in the heap pile somewhere around here.....
My EX took a nap when my right foot slipped on a sandy shoulder of a cottage country road. Scuffed a little of the clear coat on the right crankcase cover. I don't whether it is worthwhile removing the cover and trying to clear coat it myself, or just buy the $70 cover.

I am 6'2" tall and my legs feel a little cramped on the EX. If I buy engine guards they probably would have highway foot pegs mounted on them. Now that would be ugly; but no uglier than the huge windscreen I may install to keep the bugs and cold wind off.
 
use2b_imp said:
Nortoon_imp said:
Passed a number of used Goldwings when I was at my Honda dealer picking up oil and a filter for my EX. The end of riding season prices were very attractive considering a new 2018 wing with a trunk (no DCT or airbag) would cost CDN$36,000.00 cash out the door.

I had no interest in a heavier motorcycle until a mature Goldwing rider (or is that driver?) flew by me on a cold and windy day on Highway 15. But the big fairing, comfy seat, saddlebags and trunk would be nice.

However there is very little chance of a trade, as this old tightwad has trouble spending $500 for a rear rack and engine guards.
agree , i have lost by desire for a new wing and the old ones are to huge. " couch on wheels "
but would not mind spending a grand on parts if i drop my bike rather than put up with unsightly engine guards. BTW my 1976 Honda CB750 came with them and there in the heap pile somewhere around here.....
In the past I have bought several used bikes with engine guards. First thing I removed and threw away lol

I don't begrudge anyone for putting them on their bike to protect it. Good idea actually. I just can't stand the looks of them on my personal bikes. I also removed and threw away most luggage racks, bar risers, and lowering dogs even though I'm short. Heck every other day I think about taking off the small Fehling luggage rack on my CB1100 .... then I change my mind.
 
My CB wears all 3 parts, windscreen, highway pegs and engine guards. Without them it feels incomplete. I know why. What other people say, who the f... cares?

I forget to mention saddlebags.
A bike should be practical.

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top