2018 CB1000R review

kind of sad the CB has become unrecognizable to the owners of the 60's - until now . once again none of the new bikes appeal to me. JMO
 
Well I don’t like it. And the muffler looks stupid.

But, it you like it, get one!! And tell us about it.

I would like to have a Multistrada though. Not getting one.
 
I'm a weird middle age- mid 40's, so I grew up riding 70's dirt bikes, owned a few 70's street bikes including a beautiful condition unmolested '76 CB 750.

But I also owned late 80s-90's, early 2000 sport bikes.

I saw pictures of this bike months ago and could live with the style, other than the awful cat/muffler.

Not going to lie- just saw the dyno chart and immediately said nope. Not for 12k or whatever it cost.

That is a horrible power curve. What happened? The '16 is superior in every way other then bouncing the limiter.
 
i'm a fan of it on principle, but not a fan of it on value. For the money, I could have any one of 3 or 4 superior performing bikes, which are unfortunately not Hondas. Time will tell if this one is worth the money.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I'm a weird middle age- mid 40's, so I grew up riding 70's dirt bikes, owned a few 70's street bikes including a beautiful condition unmolested '76 CB 750.

But I also owned late 80s-90's, early 2000 sport bikes.

I saw pictures of this bike months ago and could live with the style, other than the awful cat/muffler.

Not going to lie- just saw the dyno chart and immediately said nope. Not for 12k or whatever it cost.

That is a horrible power curve. What happened? The '16 is superior in every way other then bouncing the limiter.
Yep, I was considering this bike until I saw the massive hole in the heart of the powerband.
 
Well, if your put some cylinder fins on it, added dual rear shocks, got rid of that muffler contraption, and eliminated the un-slightly radiator it wouldn't be half bad! Oh, then you would have a CB1100 wouldn't you. Guess I'll just stick to what I have!
 
There's something very wrong with the state of tune on their example. 120 rwhp, from a claimed 143? A giant, gaping hole in the midrange? Less torque everywhere?

This is so far off from Honda's stated claims for this bike that I believe something has to be wrong. Honda didn't go to all the trouble of redesigning the old motor and marketing it to be more powerful, only for it to be substantially weaker.
 
Retsel_imp said:
Well, if your put some cylinder fins on it, added dual rear shocks, got rid of that muffler contraption, and eliminated the un-slightly radiator it wouldn't be half bad! Oh, then you would have a CB1100 wouldn't you. Guess I'll just stick to what I have!
you'd actually just about have what many belive the cb1100 should have been. classic styling with modern power.

if you want fins, just wait until the first Electric CB comes out. it'll have nice big fins on the battery :-p.
 
I like the styling. If I was in the market for this kind of bike, I would be looking at the Honda over any of it's competition. However, I would have to ride it before buying it. I'd be concerned about the power numbers on paper, but would want to see/feel what real-world performance was like. I have a feeling that this bike has more power than nearly anyone reading this could ever use, but I'd want to ride it a bit before I committed. I'm not in the market for this bike: I need something that I can ride on a 300+ mile day and that handles well enough on the back roads once I get there - Honda CB1100.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Retsel_imp said:
Well, if your put some cylinder fins on it, added dual rear shocks, got rid of that muffler contraption, and eliminated the un-slightly radiator it wouldn't be half bad! Oh, then you would have a CB1100 wouldn't you. Guess I'll just stick to what I have!
you'd actually just about have what many belive the cb1100 should have been. classic styling with modern power.

if you want fins, just wait until the first Electric CB comes out. it'll have nice big fins on the battery :-p.
you'd actually just about have what many belive the cb1100 should have been. classic styling with modern power.

if you want fins, just wait until the first Electric CB comes out. it'll have nice big fins on the battery :-p. And to get that "classic" sound!
742197b2585344fad09cee4e27cf4e77.jpg


Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top