Thread starter
Review of the updated CB1000R 2018 Honda CB1000R Review - First Ride
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yep, I was considering this bike until I saw the massive hole in the heart of the powerband.PowerDubs_imp said:I'm a weird middle age- mid 40's, so I grew up riding 70's dirt bikes, owned a few 70's street bikes including a beautiful condition unmolested '76 CB 750.
But I also owned late 80s-90's, early 2000 sport bikes.
I saw pictures of this bike months ago and could live with the style, other than the awful cat/muffler.
Not going to lie- just saw the dyno chart and immediately said nope. Not for 12k or whatever it cost.
That is a horrible power curve. What happened? The '16 is superior in every way other then bouncing the limiter.
you'd actually just about have what many belive the cb1100 should have been. classic styling with modern power.Retsel_imp said:Well, if your put some cylinder fins on it, added dual rear shocks, got rid of that muffler contraption, and eliminated the un-slightly radiator it wouldn't be half bad! Oh, then you would have a CB1100 wouldn't you. Guess I'll just stick to what I have!
.you'd actually just about have what many belive the cb1100 should have been. classic styling with modern power.misterprofessionality_imp said:you'd actually just about have what many belive the cb1100 should have been. classic styling with modern power.Retsel_imp said:Well, if your put some cylinder fins on it, added dual rear shocks, got rid of that muffler contraption, and eliminated the un-slightly radiator it wouldn't be half bad! Oh, then you would have a CB1100 wouldn't you. Guess I'll just stick to what I have!
if you want fins, just wait until the first Electric CB comes out. it'll have nice big fins on the battery.
. And to get that "classic" sound!