2017 Tail Light Housing

Aka Tsubasa_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I was cleaning my tail light today and noticed that the large chrome housing is loose. One can see the fasteners move on their mounting bracket. Before I get out my tools and break stuff, can anyone verify if their 2017 chrome tail light housing moves aroumd on its mount? Thanks!
 
Aka Tsubasa_imp said:
I was cleaning my tail light today and noticed that the large chrome housing is loose. One can see the fasteners move on their mounting bracket. Before I get out my tools and break stuff, can anyone verify if their 2017 chrome tail light housing moves aroumd on its mount? Thanks!
The chrome housing in red circle you meant? If so, it's not loose at stock as it's very firm on mine.
 
Thread starter
Yeah, the chrome housing around the red lens is what I am referencing. It will move around a bit on its mounting bracket.

Just to clarify, it is not the bracket mounted to the fender.
 
VLJ_imp said:
CB1100 Forum

I'm still waiting.
Oh my...seriously? Yes, anyone else, please read that thread and I wonder if it's worth it. Had I learned of VLJ's complete experiene, I might have let it go. Hope you get your bike back soon!
 
Supposedly the replacement bolt will be in tomorrow. They've already told me that twice before, however, so I'm not getting too excited.

Besides, by now they've probably forgotten what the original job was, which was to make the housing stop wobbling. I provided them with the rubber washers to do the job, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they lost those and are simply looking to replace the stripped screw. Once they finally call me, I'm going to ask them if (and how) they fixed the wobbling, and I fully expect them to answer, "Wobbling? What wobbling?"
 
My tail light actually first started wobbling last year and I fitted metal split washers on the bolts and re tightened them.

Now on month into the new season they've come loose again and in fact one bold came out completely and has been lost.

I've ordered two new bolts from Kitchener Waterloo Honda.

In the mean time I've refitted the original bolt but with a tooth lock washer, and a new simple M5 bolt with a couple of washers and the said tooth lock washer also.

Seems tight again, but honestly I don't hold much faith.
Perhaps I should have used Rubber washers?
Perhaps there is a design fault.

Sorry I didnt see the other thread, but I DID find this one via a site search looking for "Tail Light" in the title...
 
Back
Top