2017 RS Model

CB4ME_imp said:
I think CB4ME is going to be fine. He's already shopping for a new bike!

This reminded me of something that happened to me when I was younger. The very first time I rode a (borrowed) mountain bike (pedal type) I sustained a severe head injury and was in the hospital for three weeks. I had amnesia for a while and all kinds of other after effects, which thankfully went away after a while, although some people say I might still be a little bit crazy, ha.

The first thing I did when I got out of the hospital was head over to the bicycle shop and buy myself a new mountain bike (and a helmet -- I wasn't completely stupid!). In a lot of ways 'getting right back on that horse' helped speed up my recovery and overcome any lingering fears I had. Your post about the new CB1100 tells me you're going to be fine. Take care, my friend.
 
Thread starter
b3f5ade42ccd05612a273101b75f7d16.jpg
 
I usually don't care for the gold suspension, but that bike looks super with them. The side covers should be black to highlight the engine & Dual exhaust. Overall a very sharp bike !
 
I keep staring at the stripes on that tank and the blacked-out everything, and it's bugging me. A bit too similar cosmetically to the V7 Special perhaps.

 
Rocky_imp said:
Sorry, but it doesn't appeal to me at all.
I'm glad I have what I have.
Same here.... They ruined it with that Moto Guzzi tank and the gold suspension bits that look like they were hastily taken from a totally different bike. Somebody should be fired for this abomination.
 
I think they were thinking "hey, this stripe looks cool and has a retro feel. let's use it" I don't think they thought "it's not in keeping with the stripes of older Hondas, but were going to go with it just to pizz off the purists" (Although, I bet Honda used a similar stripe on some Honda at some point in the past--it's a pretty common design that has been used on cars, boats, and motorcycles for years).
 
ABS, radial front calipers, 180 rear tire, aluminum swing arm and big whale looking gas tank, I like it a lot.
Not feeling the gold trim though.
I was waiting for a new retro and this is it for me, in black for sure.
 
Welcome, Red Baron.
 
I see nothing here that is going to compel me to purchase the 2017RS model. This should not be seen (on my part at least) as an opinion that the new model has shortcomings but more as a validation of my complete satisfaction with the 2013 CB 1100 I'm currently riding. If I didn't already have a CB I could see myself gravitating towards the non-gold forks model pretty easily.

In fact, I'm somewhat relieved that Honda rolled out THIS RS model and not the CB1100R concept model in Red/White with the 2 round headlights fairing we've all been looking at for the past couple of years. I would've had to explain to the wife why I put a down payment on a third bike. This move by Honda really kept my married life for the immediate future from becoming too complex.:thumbsup::thanks: Honda
 
Let's keep in mind that the engineers have group think just like we do. Some like this. Others like that. In the end, it's still about the ride and they send people like ex MotoGP rider Tady Okada to ride it and get feedback as well as engineers who have ridden all kinds of machines. The EX is still the same machine with new colors and a bit different tank. I like them all, including the 2014 DLX. The RS is good for northern U.S. roads where the pavement gets frost heaves. Believe, me, one ride down a NH back road and your suspension better work. I turned around after 30 miles on my 2008 Sporster which I sold soon afterwards. My 2000 Nighthawk killed my kidneys. Hagons did not help. The original 2013 (aka 2010) Showa suspension was harsh for my 160 lbs. Overall though, I like the new CB. If I can put together a few more dineros I'll pick one up.
 
I really like the RS. If that was available two years ago that's the one I would have purchased. It's not prefect though. I prefer the look of the 4-1 headers rather than the 4-2. The new horns are ugly. If any of the suspension parts become available I would like to install them on my 2014. I will definitely try and get that LED headlight.
 
Back
Top