2017 Motorcycling Resolutions

day 27 for Dec and 337 for the year

Nothing but dashes on the ST's thermometer again but my outdoor thermometer read 10 degrees when I took off.

44 miles today taking the total to 29,025 for the year

3 more days to go
 
Must be cold Ferret. I thought 50 miles was your minimum ride.

Be careful.
 
Thread starter
Your weather forecast looks pretty good tomorrow and even Saturday, Ferret. I think you may want to shoot for 30,000 miles! :biker:
 
Cormanus, 30 miles is my self imposed minimum.

:rofl: 975 miles in 3 days in below zero temps? Not me pal. I like riding but not that much under those conditions. Could see another 150 miles maybe.

Last night on the news they said snow is coming Friday night into Saturday morning.. Could be a dusting could be 3 inches. If the latter that will pretty much put an end to my year. even so, been a great year.
 
Wrong again. :(

You're right, it's been an impressive year, Ferret. Well done.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Cormanus, 30 miles is my self imposed minimum.

:rofl: 975 miles in 3 days in below zero temps? Not me pal. I like riding but not that much under those conditions. Could see another 150 miles maybe.

Last night on the news they said snow is coming Friday night into Saturday morning.. Could be a dusting could be 3 inches. If the latter that will pretty much put an end to my year. even so, been a great year.
If you rode south, you may only have 500 or so miles in subzero temps; maybe less than that. Plus, if you left tomorrow, and just rode south, you probably would avoid the snow entirely for the rest of the week. Granted, you may have to rent a truck to bring the bike back home, but think of the glory, the prestige, the accolades!
 
I just looked back thru the year and there were 4 days I rode less than 30 miles. 2 of them last January on the 11 th and 12 th when I took the ST to the shop, 11 miles, and the brought it home the next day 11 miles ( no doubt got a loaner to get home and back since my wife was still working then). Feb 10 th I did 22 miles no explanation written down, July 28 ...21 miles, again no explanation.

To make up for it, I rode 4 days over 300 miles...on June 29 I rode 402, the next day 382 miles, Sat June 3rd 698 miles, and Fri July 21 304 miles
 
Thread starter
OK, I cheated and looked my weather app’s forecast for Ferret’s area. Temps in the 20s today with snow moving in, but not until evening. Looks like it could be clear, but cold, for the weekend too. Good luck, my friend.
 
Day 28 for December and 338 for the year...Great ride today ..sun was out, blue skies white puffy clouds. Was 22 degrees when I took off 25 when I got home.

Rode 80 miles, bringing total to 29,105 with 2 days to go.
 
some pics from today's ride

3b566e899ef8ecc93b8e54c06a043f50.jpg


80f59cd7a7a2bef0112bc7a703f4cf00.jpg
 
Winter weather advisory until 10 am tomorrow. We are sitting at a little over an inch right now. My drivewayis white and smooth lol. I'll plow in the morning, but riding may be out tomorrow.
 
Thread starter
How long would it take you to plow, say, a five mile strip down your driveway, out of your subdivision, and down a stretch of road...maybe with a turnaround area at the end?
 
:rofl: hmmm let me think about that
 
The ferret_imp said:
Day 28 for December and 338 for the year...Great ride today ..sun was out, blue skies white puffy clouds. Was 22 degrees when I took off 25 when I got home.

Rode 80 miles, bringing total to 29,105 with 2 days to go.
Ferret you're a rare breed or motorcyclist ... nearly 30,000 miles in one year and getting out in cold weather that gives me goose bumps just looking at your photos :worship:

I'm looking forward to next year's account. Happy new year :beerchug:
 
Thanks and Happy New Year to you as well Aussieflyer

My year may well be over... snowed pretty good last night and just started snowing again. I could plow my drive to get out, but when I make it to the street which is cleared under contract, it is impassable for a motorcycle as well. The contractor only clears heavy snow and salts the entrance and a few dips and curves. Will have to see how tomorrow looks. Rare year when I can't ride up past New Years Day (haven't missed a New Years day ride in years)

Driveway

c1865efadad3cb0d08ed60d1c4cf9db2.jpg


Street

f9cbac3a476e31dbf9564ca63279c519.jpg
 
Thread starter
Smart decisions, Mickey. That's why I like riding with you. I hope you get out one more time, but even if you don't you had quite a motorcycling year.

I have not kept track of my New Year's Day rides, but I think Monday would be my 3rd in a row. However, if the roads stay icy like they are now, I may miss. It's supposed to be high temp of 6, too. The cold won't stop me, but slick roads will.
 
Mickey, I'm really bummed that you can't ride, but I must admit that your two latest photos have a very nice calming effect. Looks like hot tea weather for sure.
 
mmm hot tea. Drinking a cup right now Guth.

I have this thing...in my blood (or head).... like dedicated joggers, and bicyclists, and weight lifters, and runners. Something that drives me to do it every day. Miss a ride (or a run, or a workout) and you suffer withdrawals. It was terrible earlier today standing at the front window, staring at the snow falling, feeling like I should be out there riding. It gnaws at you. I plowed and salted the drive, but know I can't go anywhere. It might be worse tomorrow lol. So I come to the computer and work on rally stuff and talk motorcycles with my buds here which helps ease the anxiety.
 
Back
Top