2017 Motorcycling Resolutions

According to my brother he rides a Triumph like his

e060694d065fae7c327697e1e218c694.jpg
 
Common misconception. If he doesn’t show up on a Honda, then you know it’s actually just one of those “seasonal Santas” helping old Nick fill in the gaps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
well as of today's ride, officially a new "most days ridden in a year" for me at 324, eclipsing the total I set last year. 16 days still to go in the month. If the accumulating cold stuff stays away and I can run the month it could be 340 days woohoo
 
The countdown to the end of the year......

Ok today was 20th day of riding in December and day 330 of riding for the year, 63 miles today for 28,590 total

10 days and 410 miles to go to 340/29,000

supposed to rain tomorrow, snow flurries Sat and Sun, Christmas Monday

Going to be interesting...lets see if we can get it done!
 
New Years resolutions, I was thinking about that today.

After spending yesterday transporting my invalid father by ambulance to the hospital to have someone look at the skin cancer that eating his face, I was lucky enough to have time, and good weather to get away for an hour today on the bike.
I was sitting by the lake at sundown, smoking a stogie, and thinking about what's important in life.
What came me is this.
It's not anything to be found on television.
It's what you can touch, see and feel.
For me, it's getting away on a motorcycle that demands your total concentration for an hour, and clearing my mind.
I resolve to spend less time escaping into other peoples lives via the television, and start living more of my own.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
Life is short.
I need to do a better job of living my own life.
Hour by hour, minute by minute.
Ferret seems to live a very full life, perhaps I should have take him up on his offer of lessons.
Only not on bike riding, on living.

Sorry to get up on my soapbox, just needed to vent.

My new 2018 motto.
Ride while we can.

Best wishes to all.
Crutch
 
Crutch sorry to hear about your father. I know taking care of him has taken up a great deal of your life. You are a good man for taking on that burden.

Day 21 riding , 331 for the year. Woke up to wet roads but an unseasonably warm temp of 55 degrees. They were predicting rain all day, but it was just misty and gloomy for this mornings 73 mile ride. Now at 28,663 so what 9 days and 337 miles to go?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Crutch sorry to hear about your father. I know taking care of him has taken up a great deal of your life. You are a good man for taking on that burden.

Day 21 riding , 331 for the year. Woke up to wet roads but an unseasonably warm temp of 55 degrees. They were predicting rain all day, but it was just misty and gloomy for this mornings 73 mile ride. Now at 28,663 so what 9 days and 337 miles to go?
The miles will not be a problem. You could probably head back out this afternoon and rattle those off. What I'll be tuning in for is to see if you can get the 9 days in to get to 340 days since there are only 9 days left in the month. Good luck, but like all the anti-Iron Butt folks tell me all the time, don't let your ego and your goal block out your common sense. :biker:
 
EmptySea_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Crutch sorry to hear about your father. I know taking care of him has taken up a great deal of your life. You are a good man for taking on that burden.

Day 21 riding , 331 for the year. Woke up to wet roads but an unseasonably warm temp of 55 degrees. They were predicting rain all day, but it was just misty and gloomy for this mornings 73 mile ride. Now at 28,663 so what 9 days and 337 miles to go?
The miles will not be a problem. You could probably head back out this afternoon and rattle those off. What I'll be tuning in for is to see if you can get the 9 days in to get to 340 days since there are only 9 days left in the month. Good luck, but like all the anti-Iron Butt folks tell me all the time, don't let your ego and your goal block out your common sense. :biker:
Geesh just watched local news... Ma nature is calling for an inch of rain tomorrow, plummeting temps and up to an inch of snow Sunday, and frigid temps for the week between Xmas and New Years.

340 may not be in the cards after all.
 
Mmmm snow will do you in, I suspect.
 
If it accumulates on the road, I'm out. But if it's just blowing around in the air, I'm riding lol
 
Thread starter
based on the amount of salt they laid down earlier in the week, no snow will accumulate there until sometime in February.
 
My resolution is to get that GTL1600 I've set my sites on, while I'm still able to ride.

I maybe wrong, but I keep having a vision of me not able to ride saying, "I could've, I should've, why didn't I?" I don't want that to haunt me.

I'll keep the CB, still love it....worked all last summer trying to make room for a second motorcycle in my garage.

Then maybe I'll have the honor of riding with Ferret when he is on his ST1300 ;-)
 
Day 22/Dec 332/year ....Lousy weather day today but found a hole and got out for 44 miles.

8 days and 293 miles to go
 
Day 23/Dec 333/year dawned sunny but chilly 32 when I took off at 9 am. Great ride out 52 to Aberdeen Ohio, up 41 to West Union, over 136 to 125 and back 125 to home

109 miles.

7 days and 184 miles to go

snow is supposed to come this afternoon and evening. But high of 36 for Christmas so maybe it will melt and the roads will be clear to ride.
 
Wow, you can do it ferret!

Do you have any accessories plugged in, like gloves, jacket, etc?

I was just thinking I need a snowmobile suit to ride in.
 
Oh absolutely offroad...heated jacket liner, and heated grips. Also riding the ST with great wind protection, and muffs on the handlebars. Wearing base layer, textile riding pants, textile jacket, balaclava and unlined deer skin gloves. You can't ride in this kind of weather without proper gear, at least if you don't want to get chilled to the bone lol.

My son rides in a one piece snow mobile suit, balaclava and lined mittens on his FJ-09 with heated grips, but not as much wind protection as the ST.
 
wow we got snowed in last night. I have my drive cleared but the private road is still snow filled. May not make 340 days riding lol
 
Back
Top