2017 Motorcycling Resolutions

well, November is in the books. Didn't get to ride today (medical issue)

For November
28 of 30 days ridden
1305 miles on the ST
298 miles on the CB
1603 miles total

For the year
310 out of 334 days ridden
18,209 miles on the ST
9,086 miles on the CB
27,295 miles ridden

my previous high mileage was 27,053 in 2014, so this is a record year mileage wise for me

my previous record for days ridden was was 323 in 2016 so I need at least 14 days in December (last year I rode 31 days in Dec so barring something weird I should set a new personal record for that too).

Hey when you are retired you still have to have goals, and something to make you get out of bed every day. lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
well, November is in the books. Didn't get to ride today (medical issue)

For November
28 of 30 days ridden
1305 miles on the ST
298 miles on the CB
1603 miles total

For the year
310 out of 334 days ridden
18,209 miles on the ST
9,086 miles on the CB
27,295 miles ridden

my previous high mileage was 27,053 in 2014, so this is a record year mileage wise for me

my previous record for days ridden was was 323 in 2016 so I need at least 14 days in December (last year I rode 31 days in Dec so barring something weird I should set a new personal record for that too).

Hey when you are retired you still have to have goals, and something to make you get out of bed every day. lol
This is awesome. Congrats ferret. :beerchug:
 
Turned over 28,000 miles for the year on today's 70 mile ride. 321 days ridden. Only need 3 more days to set a personal best for number of days ridden in a year. Should be a piece of cake (knock on wood)
 
congrats but deep down i just pray you stay safe .
no way would i do what you are doing but in fact i once did = once and it was miserable , but a good miserable BTW
 
Thanks use2be, but I take my safety very seriously. Have no intention of taking chances I consider risky. Too old to get hurt. I have ridden year round on the street up here for 52 years now, and feel like I have a grasp on what conditions are safe to ride in and which one's aren't. I won't ride if I feel the risk is greater than normal. Analyzing the conditions and picking routes to take advantage of the conditions that minimize risk are key. Slick or wet conditions ... I head to flat straight state highways or freeways that see a lot of traffic to keep the surface drier and heated up, avoiding curves and bridge over passes. I usually wait until the warmest part of the day to ride in winter.

Probably hard for someone to understand riding in these conditions from Florida where its almost always sunny and warm and the roads are straight and flat, but those of us that live in the north don't have that luxury if we want to ride very much.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Turned over 28,000 miles for the year on today's 70 mile ride. 321 days ridden. Only need 3 more days to set a personal best for number of days ridden in a year. Should be a piece of cake (knock on wood)
>>>>>>>>
well done, 321 days/28,ooo miles in Ohio is a good record. ....congrats
keep rolling safely and always make home without incident
:thumbsup:


pb
 
Yeah, we kind of need the ferret to keep riding as much as possible — it's pretty much one of the few things that we have to talk about at the moment.

In fact, I've taken the liberty of re-naming this smilie - :biker: so that it now reads "The ferret" instead of "Biker" when you hold your cursor over it. Sometimes it's good to be the admin :rofl:
 
:rofl: ... I'm honored :biker:
 
Well, at least I got a CB1100 Forum decoder ring.

Maybe Santa will bring me a smilie.
 
You know popgun now that you mention it, I actually consulted with Santa about this. After he took a quick glance at some enormous list he was keeping he advised against it. Just before he rode off (yes, that's "rode off" not "flew away" as he only pulls out the reindeer on Christmas eve, the rest of the year Santa rides a Honda - this is why he dresses in red by the way) I heard him muttering something to the effect of "Jeez, you'd think owning the only known CB1100 Forum Secret Decoder Ring in existence would be enough for the guy...".
 
Thread starter
MTC's 2017 recap:

Total Miles: 10,032 -- 5411 on old CB and 4621 on new CB (2 trips to Arkansas. 1 700 mile Eclipse Ride. 1 IronButt SS1000)
Total Riding Days: 59 -- 34 on old CB and 25 on new CB
Avg. Miles/Ride: 170 -- Avg. on old CB = 159 Avg. on new CB = 185

Pretty happy with those numbers considering how many weekends I missed with weddings, delivering kids to college, non-biking vacations, etc.

In a little over 2 weeks, look for a new thread in which you can post your 2018 Riding Resolutions. :) :biker:
 
Sea you averaged 170 miles a ride? That's incredible!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Sea you averaged 170 miles a ride? That's incredible!
Well.. the Iron Butt (1000), the Moonshine Run (500), the Eclipse Ride (700), and the return from the CB1100 Rally (600) helped offset the 15 or so riding days with less than 50 miles.
 
Guth_imp said:
You know popgun now that you mention it, I actually consulted with Santa about this. After he took a quick glance at some enormous list he was keeping he advised against it. Just before he rode off (yes, that's "rode off" not "flew away" as he only pulls out the reindeer on Christmas eve, the rest of the year Santa rides a Honda - this is why he dresses in red by the way) I heard him muttering something to the effect of "Jeez, you'd think owning the only known CB1100 Forum Secret Decoder Ring in existence would be enough for the guy...".
:rofl: :excited: :worship:
 
Guth_imp said:
You know popgun now that you mention it, I actually consulted with Santa about this. After he took a quick glance at some enormous list he was keeping he advised against it. Just before he rode off (yes, that's "rode off" not "flew away" as he only pulls out the reindeer on Christmas eve, the rest of the year Santa rides a Honda - this is why he dresses in red by the way) I heard him muttering something to the effect of "Jeez, you'd think owning the only known CB1100 Forum Secret Decoder Ring in existence would be enough for the guy...".
Which year and model? What mods has he made? Does it have RLETs?
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
You know popgun now that you mention it, I actually consulted with Santa about this. After he took a quick glance at some enormous list he was keeping he advised against it. Just before he rode off (yes, that's "rode off" not "flew away" as he only pulls out the reindeer on Christmas eve, the rest of the year Santa rides a Honda - this is why he dresses in red by the way) I heard him muttering something to the effect of "Jeez, you'd think owning the only known CB1100 Forum Secret Decoder Ring in existence would be enough for the guy...".
Which year and model? What mods has he made? Does it have RLETs?
Which year and model? What mods has he made? Does it have RLETs?
Well he's Santa, so pretty much any year and model that he wants. But I've heard rumors that in addition to all of his regular favorite rides, he's got a ton of Mini-Trails and GROMs at his place for some reason. Apparently it's got something to do with his on-site staff that are in charge of creating holiday farkles including Santa's signature red RLETs
 
EmptySea_imp said:
MTC's 2017 recap:

Total Miles: 10,032 -- 5411 on old CB and 4621 on new CB (2 trips to Arkansas. 1 700 mile Eclipse Ride. 1 IronButt SS1000)
Total Riding Days: 59 -- 34 on old CB and 25 on new CB
Avg. Miles/Ride: 170 -- Avg. on old CB = 159 Avg. on new CB = 185

Pretty happy with those numbers considering how many weekends I missed with weddings, delivering kids to college, non-biking vacations, etc.

In a little over 2 weeks, look for a new thread in which you can post your 2018 Riding Resolutions. :) :biker:
To get an overview of how much kilometers I rode my vehicles this year to find out tendencies I recently summarized them:

CB1100: 13.000km
W800 : 5.200km
Prius 4 : 18.000km

Motorbike and car kilometers are nearly the same. They differ in the purpose of why I rode them, on motorbikes always privately for fun and entertainment, in my car mostly businesswise.The CB was much more ridden than the W, also due to the trip to Scotland this year.

I'll add some more kilometers to each of my vehicles til the end of the year but not so much, because 2017 will soon be done.

Wisedrum
 
lol I just looked it up. I retired in 2013. In the 4 1/2 years since, I have driven my Honda truck 14,000 miles (which is more than I thought), and my Honda motorcycles 116,000 miles.
 
Guth_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
You know popgun now that you mention it, I actually consulted with Santa about this. After he took a quick glance at some enormous list he was keeping he advised against it. Just before he rode off (yes, that's "rode off" not "flew away" as he only pulls out the reindeer on Christmas eve, the rest of the year Santa rides a Honda - this is why he dresses in red by the way) I heard him muttering something to the effect of "Jeez, you'd think owning the only known CB1100 Forum Secret Decoder Ring in existence would be enough for the guy...".
Which year and model? What mods has he made? Does it have RLETs?
Which year and model? What mods has he made? Does it have RLETs?
Well he's Santa, so pretty much any year and model that he wants. But I've heard rumors that in addition to all of his regular favorite rides, he's got a ton of Mini-Trails and GROMs at his place for some reason. Apparently it's got something to do with his on-site staff that are in charge of creating holiday farkles including Santa's signature red RLETs
Which year and model? What mods has he made? Does it have RLETs?
Well he's Santa, so pretty much any year and model that he wants. But I've heard rumors that in addition to all of his regular favorite rides, he's got a ton of Mini-Trails and GROMs at his place for some reason. Apparently it's got something to do with his on-site staff that are in charge of creating holiday farkles including Santa's signature red RLETs
This is getting more interesting by the post!

I guess, because you're the forum admin, you have a special relationship with Santa. The sort that's denied us mere mortals. But it makes me wonder whether he has a similar relationship with other forum admins. And, if he does, how do admins of other manufacturers' forums—Yamaha, BMW, Triumph, Kawasaki, etc—feel when the old codger turns up on a Honda?

Or does he simply turn up on the forum-appropriate bike to make us all think we're special?
 
Back
Top