2017 Motorcycling Resolutions

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
As I write this, it is 2017 already for some of our members and it will soon be thus for all of us. It is tradition to make resolutions, vows, plans, and set goals for the upcoming year, so what are your "resolutions' in regards to motorcycling? Resolving to get more training? Vowing to take that big trip? Planning to buy another motorcycle? Setting a goal to ride a certain number of miles? Whatever they are, consider sharing them in this thread to reinforce them to yourself and to, perhaps, inspire others.

A very happy, healthy, and safe new year to you all!!
 
Hope to do more riding. Not like Mickey & others, but try to take advantage of opportunities.

Get the 350 cafe' done.

Start on the CB175 Dream project.
 
I hope to ride at least 20K again in 2017 so of course that is goal #1.

I plan on going to the CB rally and riding in Arkansas

I 'd like to hit a few of the 7 states I have not ridden in (North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska in the plains states.. and on the eastern seaboard, Delaware, Rhode Island, New Jersey and Conn, completing the lower 48 states). Those could be done in 2 trips.

I'd like to hit 100,000 miles on the ST which would require riding it just under 17K miles

I'm going to wash both bikes at least once lol
 
Nothing specific is planned at this point, but my main goal is to just try and ride more.
We have a relatively short season up here and often summer chores get in the way of riding.
It's often, "Should I go for a ride or fix the roof!" :D :D :D
 
Thread starter
1. To ride at least once per month to continue my streak
2. To complete my SS1000 by riding around Lake Michigan while raising funds for a local agency which assists people with developmental disabilities.
3. To attend the Arkansas Rally
4. To ride 9,000 miles (my average has been a little less than 7,000)
5. To ride with my wife again
6. To ride during the solar eclipse on 8/21/17
7. ???? TBD :) :biker:
 
Thread starter
7. New point-and-shoot camera and possibly a GoPro
8. Get a new helmet
9. Master my Bluetooth or replace it with a different device
10. TBD :)
 
1. Become a 2017 CB1100 EX owner.

2. Attend 2017 Arkansas rally if I can escape work commitment.

3. Ride through the Vosges mountains of France.
 
Ride and wander to my hearts content.
Ride the Blue Ridge Parkway along side of my wife.
End the year with no regrets, same as I started.
 
Why do you always sound so cool 4Paws?
 
EmptySea_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Why do you always sound so cool 4Paws?
I think there's an expectation of a certain level of cool if your home is called "Fancy Gap".
I think there's an expectation of a certain level of cool if your home is called "Fancy Gap".
:rofl: Too funny.
 
Rolls_imp said:
EmptySea_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Why do you always sound so cool 4Paws?
I think there's an expectation of a certain level of cool if your home is called "Fancy Gap".
I think there's an expectation of a certain level of cool if your home is called "Fancy Gap".
:rofl: Too funny.
I think there's an expectation of a certain level of cool if your home is called "Fancy Gap".
:rofl: Too funny.
Statistically, I was told at my MSF course, that the second season of riding is the most dangerous. My motorcycle New Years resolutions involve education and being a better rider. Since I can't ride up here til spring, I have picked up to books that I'm using to expand my knowledge and understanding when it comes to motorcycling.

Total Control - Lee Parks

and

Proficient Motorcycling - David Hough

I've read the first chapters of Total Control - I really like it. I may have to reread the chapter on motorcycle physics for a better understanding and the chapter on managing fear is great.

Proficient Motorcycling has good info and is more about road survival strategies. He also tells lots of horror stories, pretty much every chapter begins with an unnecessarily detailed retelling of a very gory crash, reminds me of my uncle who rides trying to convince me not to ride. The chapter on placement for twisty roads to maximize vision and minimize drifting into other lanes is worth the $20 on its own.

I also plan on attending a few advanced handling schools, possibly Lee Parks Total Control Level 1, and Surviving the Streets.
 
I will make goals, then along the way SQUIRREL! And I'm off on a new tangent.

So my main goal this year, do a bit more wood working.
 
Back
Top