2017 Moto Guzzi V7iii

Beerman_imp said:
I bought a V7ii Special last year. Absolutely love it. Some will point to the low power 50hp; the V7iii has 10% more) but it is so light - and with high torque - it feels like plenty. Anyway, it gets you as fast as the law allows, no problem.

No issues with the cornering mentioned above - a beautiful machine to look at, great sound and very stable. People are always talking to me about it.

The only issue I would say is that if your 6ft + you'd feel a bit cramped. I'm not, so I don't.

Beerman
Thanks for the perspective. I am just at 6' so it's tricky. The V7 2 is a little bit cheaper and I really like how they sound with the Mistral exhausts. Of course, buying those exhausts would make the CB cheaper, and I just don't know if I would regret not having the power. Perhaps I could find an exhaust to make the Honda sound a bit more throaty. Great to know most feel the V7 2 is a good bike as well.
 
Thread starter
Called the Ducati/Triumph/Aprilia/Moto Guzzi boutique today to inquire if they had received any new 2017 V7 iii's yet. I'd love to have one. Maybe this weekend. Either an Anniversario or a Special.

"Yeah, we got an Anniversario in last week that we preordered for a customer. Gorgeous bike. It's the only one we got. You can come in and take a look at it, but you can't touch it or sit on it. We'll take a deposit if you want to order one, but we won't be stocking any V7's."

"Ah yeah, thanks, but I'm not sure I'm interested in ordering a bike that I haven't even sat on."

Click.

And that was that.

Sound familiar?
 
Why would they not be stocking something that is obviously desirable? I don't understand dealers sometimes.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Called the Ducati/Triumph/Aprilia/Moto Guzzi boutique today to inquire if they had received any new 2017 V7 iii's yet. I'd love to have one. Maybe this weekend. Either an Anniversario or a Special.

"Yeah, we got an Anniversario in last week that we preordered for a customer. Gorgeous bike. It's the only one we got. You can come in and take a look at it, but you can't touch it or sit on it. We'll take a deposit if you want to order one, but we won't be stocking any V7's."

"Ah yeah, thanks, but I'm not sure I'm interested in ordering a bike that I haven't even sat on."

Click.

And that was that.

Sound familiar?

Funny, I ordered my 13 CB1100 before the dealer even knew they were coming to the US, and ordered my 14 DLX without seeing one in the flesh. Thank goodness they were great bikes and didn't give me any reason to regret my impetuousness.
 
Thread starter
Not to defend this dealer -- I actually can't stand them -- but they're probably as fed up with Piaggio North America as every other dealer in the U.S., and likely contemplating dropping the line. If so, they wisely don't want to be stuck with inventory they can't sell or service. Still, you'd think PNA would require them to stock the current line-up as part of their dealership agreement. Oh well. This is why I sold my previous two V7's. The bikes were glorious but my dealer relationship was unacceptable and I had no faith in their ability to provide parts or service.

I wonder if small local Honda dealerships are gun-shy about ordering '17 CB1100's?
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Not to defend this dealer -- I actually can't stand them -- but they're probably as fed up with Piaggio North America as every other dealer in the U.S., and likely contemplating dropping the line. If so, they wisely don't want to be stuck with inventory they can't sell or service. Still, you'd think PNA would require them to stock the current line-up as part of their dealership agreement. Oh well. This is why I sold my previous two V7's. The bikes were glorious but my dealer relationship was unacceptable and I had no faith in their ability to provide parts or service.

I wonder if small local Honda dealerships are gun-shy about ordering '17 CB1100's?
If I were a small dealer I'd be reluctant to carry a relatively expensive bike that had not sold all that well if I were likely to be stuck with it. But would I have reason to worry about the support I'd get from Honda US if I did carry one?
 
Piaggio DOES require their dealers to maintain stock via dealer agreement. When realities dictate that such is not profitable for the dealer, and then the dealers decline to carry lots of stock, Piaggio moves in and takes the dealership status away. The consumers lose in the long run.

My local dealer carries three MG bikes on the floor. He loves and owns the brand, but it looks like summertime there will be a meeting with Piaggio.....I want to keep my MG V7II's but I am worried if he drops the line, either by choice or not, what my reality will be, as the nearest next "good" dealer is 6 hours away....
 
There is only one MG dealer left in NJ, even the ginormous Motorcycle Mall has dropped them. Must be a toxic relationship with Piaggio, and the reality is that Guzzi likely sells around 1000 bikes/ year in the US.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Check the online reviews of Motorcycle Mall. You'll have to wade through literally dozens and dozens of truly bad reviews to find one positive one. Maybe it's a case of MG dropping Motorcycle Mall and not the other way 'round?
 
Nah, they're pimps at MM, I've bought there, they've got just about every mfr in the stable. Buying isn' t a problem there, they cut great deals if you're serious, Guzzi is not selective when it comes to dealers...they moved to that place on Route 23, which doesn't even list Guzzi on their site months later. Guzzi just doesn't have the product and support for broad US sales. Been that way for decades.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Stupid, inept dealer. It's been a few weeks since I called them about 2017 V7iii availability, but I drove down there anyway today just to take a look-see. No new V7iii's to be found, though I know other dealers around the country have them and are selling them. But they do have two leftover 2016 V7ii's, still priced at full MSRP. I approached the sales clerk and asked if they were still an authorized Guzzi dealer since it appeared they didn't have any current models on the floor. He gave me a clueless, quizzical look, and then pointed to the two leftover '16's. I probably would have been a customer if they had a '17 on the floor that I could actually look at and sit on.

They did, however, have a '75 CB400F SuperSport, 11,000 "original" miles (as opposed to "aftermarket" miles?) for the value price of $6500. Yikes. Think I'll pass on that one.
 
Thread starter
I had yet to see a '17 V7iii in the flesh until this afternoon. Riding home from breakfast, I noticed an Anniversario model parked on the opposite shoulder. I made a u-turn as soon as I could and caught up with the rider about a mile down the road. He was pulled over on the shoulder again, this time chatting with a gal in leathers on an FZ-07. I pulled up, got off the CB, and chatted him up. Wow, what a gorgeous bike. It's so much prettier in person than in any photo. I didn't think I'd care for the chrome tank and brown leather seat, but it's a very classy combination. I decided right then and there that I'd have to have one. BTW, the rider was probably in his early-30's, so good on Guzzi for appealing to the younger crowd.
 
Just returned from trip to italy, stayed in Mandello del lario visited the mg factory museum great! I hired a v7iii for three days with 5,000km on the clock from Agostinis in town.Rode up the stelvio pass one day fab, regarding the v7 i was not impressed, dealer back in uk described them to me as agricultural , mechanically i agree, however i felt the handling was very good, yea they have "character" but give me my cb1100 anytime
 
Keep in mind the V7III is a different motor than the V7 and V7II, similar HP/Torque numbers but different powerbands, tuned more for midrange...
 
$25 / ticket raffle for a Moto Guzzi V7III Stone to benefit Look Twice Cincy, a nob-profit set up to promote drivers' awareness of motorcycles in the Cincinnati area. Hosted by Cadre Cycle, the Cincinnati Moto Guzzi dealer.

Odds aren't too bad at 400:1. 243 tickets left as of this posting.

https://cadrecycle.com/product/raffle/
 
Buddy in Colorado just bought one.

b47f965bee41c2832f59e48eb930219b.jpg


bc70a40fd5f56b5a4dec3d4bec104ba6.jpg


His commentary: "New addition to the stable. I now have a reliable, mid-size bike that’s incredibly fun to ride. Perfect to loan out to you guys. Just have to yank it out of my son’s hands (mine too)."

He said it has an 18" front / 17" rear with Pirelli Sport Demons as the OEM tire.
 
Thread starter
Beautiful bike. Those Sport Demons are fine tires, while they last. I managed to get about 4000 miles out of mine on my ex-V7C. You’re right — fun bike with really surprising handling.
 
It’s a nice looking bike indeed.

Would you put the Sport Demons on the CB, LongRanger?
 
Back
Top