2017 Moto Guzzi V7iii

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I really like the looks of the new V7, especially the chromed-tank Anniversario. And now the Racer gets Ohlins on the rear. Bella!

[attachment=5572]
[attachment=5573]
[attachment=5574]
 
Beautiful bikes. A friend of mine bought a '16 V7 recently and lets me take it for rides. I had thought about it instead of the CB about a year ago...the MG is a great bike, but the '14 STD was less than the V7. Still, the Guzzi is fun to ride.
 
Looked at those V7 bikes many many times. Never found a "deal".

Have owned 5 Moto Guzzi's...... cool bikes, that's for sure. Finding a good dealer - or ANY dealer - can be a challenge.

Still, I look forward to seeing if that market that V9 here.....
 
kballowe_imp said:
Looked at those V7 bikes many many times. Never found a "deal".

Have owned 5 Moto Guzzi's...... cool bikes, that's for sure. Finding a good dealer - or ANY dealer - can be a challenge.

Still, I look forward to seeing if that market that V9 here.....
Last fall of '15 and into Jan-Feb of this year, place is Seattle offered '14 and '15 new V7 bikes for $5990, no setup fees, just registration. Recently saw the same for a '16. But...that's not too close to Missouri.
 
I love the LOOK of Moto Guzzis, but for some reason just can't stand riding them

My brother had an 850 Eldorado. Bought it brand new in 1973 I think. Fine motorcycle, one you could ride all day. I liked it a lot. So did my wife. Then
a few years ago I thought I wanted a Guzzi and test road a Breva 750. For me it was a huge dissapointment. Tiny bike, no power (not even close to my brothers 850 Eldorado), no brakes.

This year I rode a Griso, great on the freeway above 4,000 rpms, irritating around town below 4,000 rpms.

I know some guys are fanatical about Guzzi's, just not my cup of tea I guess.
 
They look really cool.

I rented a V7 II in 2015 for a ride from Stuttgart, Germany to Opatija, Croatia on the Adriatic, via Austria and western Slovenia. Here I am arcing through the dolomitic limestone of the Julian Alps, close to Italy.

e4150c3bd72efdfc6a0bc6d6a9525e99.jpg


I loved the engine. It had great torque and was able to pass on short chutes with little drama. When my hands got chilled I could warm them on the heads.

I wasn't keen on the way it handled curves. Once you tipped in, you had to maintain pressure on the inside bar to keep it from leaning over further. It was like you were holding the bike up in the turn. "Hands off" neutral steering through corners was not possible. All other bikes I've ridden are the opposite; you push on the inside bar to lean harder and if you release pressure the bike continues to track at the same angle.

The rear wheel was very prone to locking up on braking, especially when conditions were wet. It could have been the tires but it made me question the modulation of the rear brake.
 
Stichill, I found exactly the same handling quirk through turns with my '14 Guzzi California Touring. A very nice machine in every way except that handling in turns. I had to fight the bars to keep the bike from turning in more and more. And with the weight of the California and it's heavy front end, I'm guessing it was even worse than your V7. Very unsettling and I felt it was very unsafe. I promptly sold the bike. I still shake my head about it because like I said, everything else was fine.
 
Thread starter
I agree with you about the rear brakes. I had two V7 Classics and the rears were touchy and prone to locking; the fronts were wooden. The new models have ABS. The bikes had some quirky characteristics but were completely satisfying and endearing to ride, especially on twisty roads. There are better bikes to buy if droning down the interstate is your idea of fun.

Great photo by the way. I'll bet it was a spectacular trip. I've ridden in the Dolomites several times but I've never made it to the Adriatic. Next time for sure.
 
Some boys worked up a new map to flash the Griso with (it worked so well they set up a site and charge $100 for the map now). Free software, just need the cable and a laptop - I use my MacBook Pro. Takes about 15 minutes to save off the original. Another 30 seconds or so to write the new one. Bingo, different bike.

Still not as good in town as the CB though. But better. And still very good on the open road (better than the CB) - stock seat still sucks (your bum may differ :D ). Still has eye ball flattening acceleration.
 
.
.
How about a pic of a nice Breva 11 (with Stelvio hard bags) ???
.
.
.
.
cd3e3438155dafc6a59c173480322471.jpg

.
.
.
...or a California Vintage - work in progress.......
.
.
.
eb120fe13cab209f57b7627272d88af4.jpg
 
Love the V7 II Stone, FOR ME, they handle and ride just great, peppy engine, never a problem at all. Very practical bikes that don't get enough love.

Shaft drive
Lightweight
Cast wheels
Huge fuel tank
6-speed tranny
Easy to work on/maintain
ABS / Traction control
Nice sound
Good looking

Only issue is the dealer network. One of my alltime favorite bikes!!
 
Just commuted on the V7II to work and back and all over the county today. The same route I did yesterday but with the Triumph Scrambler.

Love the Scram, but the Guzzi just stirs the soul when you ride it.
 
Fellow from Europe just posted his new V7 III, boy does it looks sweet! Kinda tempted. I think the Griso may have to turned into something else. Looking for something a wee bit smaller. Still all over the map on what to do.

In the mean time, everything is paid for so no hurry.

Tires and tire pressure will affect steering a lot.
 
Thread starter
There's something very captivating and charming about a V7 that makes one overlook its tangible shortcomings. It can't be put into words -- it just feels right. You owe it to yourself to ride one, if you haven't already. I haven't yet seen a V7 III in the flesh but my 2011 V7 Classic was one of my favorite bikes of all time, although the dealership experience was disappointing. I sold it and replaced it with the CB.

I agree, the V7 III is stunning. I don't think I'd go backward and replace my CB with one, but yes, I'm tempted too. Big time.
 
Hello all, like the rest of you guys , I fell in love with the look of the MG. I took possession of my v9 bobber last july, now its sitting on my trailer wating to trade for my new cb1100. It was very disappointing , very underpowered , excessive turn in. Looks cool but the seat of the pants feel just wasn't there.
 
Thread starter
U.S. MSRP of the four V7iii models was announced this weekend:

Stone $7,990
Special $8,490
Racer $9,990
Anniversaro $9,990
 
Captainwoot_imp said:
Hello all, like the rest of you guys , I fell in love with the look of the MG. I took possession of my v9 bobber last july, now its sitting on my trailer wating to trade for my new cb1100. It was very disappointing , very underpowered , excessive turn in. Looks cool but the seat of the pants feel just wasn't there.
I'm doing the opposite. I am pretty sure I'll get a Bobber or Roamer to replace my 13 CB1100
 
Back
Top