2017 Kawasaki Z900RS

Even though this bike will likely be more powerful than the cb, I really appreciate how the cb committed to the retro style from end to end. This bike compares to the Yamaha xsr900 in looks. Retro touches added to a thoroughly modern bike. Maybe the engine is great and it handles well, but in beauty I think the cb has both bikes beat. Bonneville is the only bike that even comes close. JMHO
 
If Kawasaki made a version of the Z1 that was as nicely styled as the CB1100 they would have a hit....
I had a Zephyr 550 about 20 years ago and really miss that bike...
 
From the photos I've seen it is closer in style to the Yamaha xsr900 that in my opinion misses the mark. The cb1100 only has one rival, triumph bonneville.
 
here you go, Capo: http://www.bikeworx.com/2004-Kawasa...in-stock=1&fm=2&vin=JKAZR9A184A036229 - that thing is CLEAN - truly not many like this on the road anymore.

Capo_imp said:
I regret selling my ZRX 1200R, it had massive power and retro- mod street presence. Would be nice for Honda to provide a more performance- oriented retro to compliment the CB1100. I'm pretty sure the photo above is NOT the proposed Z900RS, but it would be good for Kawi to enter the game based on their heritage. Hey, how about a two stroke triple!?
 
Sweet! Gotta be green, though. This was mine:
940d939114e46389b89db0272003977b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I really like the design they have presented. Perfect looking machine but then again I am a 60's vintage myself. When I came onto the planet "Save the Last Dance for Me" by The Drifters was a hit. - The Japanese love their retro bikes. Quite a following across Asia as a matter of fact - see the YAM SR400 in Thailand. Lots on Youtube.
 
That is a gorgeous ZRX and I don't think the price is off, or the mileage anything to be afraid of. Going to make someone a great bike. The red is pretty,, but the green is IT!
 
Had a ZRX12 and regret selling it. Had no luck finding a low-mile unmolested one in my area.. That is how I ended up with the CB
 
There are 2 bikes I always hear previous owners regret selling universally

ZRX Kawasaki and CB900F Honda
 
The ferret_imp said:
There are 2 bikes I always hear previous owners regret selling universally

ZRX Kawasaki and CB900F Honda
hi Ferret, add to that list - 1979 Yamaha RD 400 Daytona Special and 1985 Yamaha RZ 350 :( if I knew then what I know now..... Life goes on eh?
 
HillCountryRider_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
I wouldn't be interested in the Transformer version of the Z900 that they're selling this year. I'm very interested in the retro version that they were teasing us with last fall.
Yes, I would buy that beautiful bike too. I hope Kawasaki has plans to release it. I keep checking the Japanese publications, but no luck so far.
Yes, I would buy that beautiful bike too. I hope Kawasaki has plans to release it. I keep checking the Japanese publications, but no luck so far.

I heard (here in Asia) that it will be out sometime in 2018 but NOT the turbo version first.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Would the turbo look any different from a standard z classic? Now i've considered the cb1100 highly but with wind of a z900 classic I think I'll hold off for now... cb1100s are so cheap right now though so it's all very tempting.. more power is always better.. maybe not in my case as a 20 something daredevil but...
 
toecutter_imp said:
Would the turbo look any different from a standard z classic? Now i've considered the cb1100 highly but with wind of a z900 classic I think I'll hold off for now... cb1100s are so cheap right now though so it's all very tempting.. more power is always better.. maybe not in my case as a 20 something daredevil but...
Know what you mean but what concerns me is there is only one computer generated drawing doing the rounds of this bike and zero other info. No spy-shots, no top-secret factory info (I'm in Asia BTW), nothing from the land of the rising sun, ziltch. As said previously, I heard a whisper that it may be out in 2018 & NOT 2017 as the thread title suggests, with the turbo coming out even later than that.

What I'm trying to say is, don't hold yer breath, mate!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top