2017 Kawasaki Z900RS

EGAlvarez_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
i agree, an R90/R100/R90s retro would have been outstanding, the r9t looks like a street fighter to me

We have a pro baseball team, football team, orchestra, amusement park, world class zoo, orchestra, tennis venue,

Yet NO BMW dealer. Nearest ones are 120 miles in each direction
This sounds like a great opportunity for a fun business venture for your golden years Mickey! :D


Flynrider_imp said:
Hey, EG! What is the the bike pictured in your original post? I followed the link you posted and they just had pics of the original Z1. The one in your pic looks like a cross between the Z1 and a ZRX. Inquiring minds want to know :P

The Zephyrs of the early 90s were the opening (and premature) shot in a retro revival. The 550/750/1100 models were virtually carbon copies of the KZs of 80s. Honda answered a year later with the CB750 Nighthawk that was modeled on the early 80s Nighthawks. Neither offering was very popular in the U.S. Kaw gave up on the U.S market after two years, while Honda dribbled out the CB750 in small numbers for 12 yrs. Both the CB750 and Zephyrs were popular in the Euro and Japanese markets.

I started my motorcycling life as a serial KZ owner ( 5 in a row). If Kaw decided to bring back a modern Z1, I'd have to seriously consider selling the CB750 to make room.
I wish it were mine but it's just a customized ZRX1200 image that I liberated off my Google search...Google search "custom zrx1200" and prepare for some drooling!

Eddy

P.S. I agree that a R9T based camhead, R9T-RS would be cool but I don't know if they would sell more than a few dozen.
Wow. Looks like the Z1/ZRX theme is popular. Looks like an expensive way to make a new bike look older, kinda like the Whitehouse K10 kit for the CB11. I like it! (but probably couldn't afford it).



If Kaw were to roll out some factory version of this, I'd be very interested.

Thanks!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well I hope it doesn't look like the one you posted, but why not try and catch some of the retro money floating around? There are a lot of Kawi fans in the world. They actually had 2 retros back in the 90's that looked good and were before their times a 750 and an 1100 I think called Zephyrs.

http://www.autoevolution.com/moto/kawasaki-zephyr-1100-1992.html#agal_0

Actually my CB1100 dlx reminds me a whole lot of my 1977 KZ1000



I get the warm fuzzies every time I see this pic, Mickey!
 
My first ride on a real motorcycle was on the back of my cousin's Z1, I think in '72 or '73. That was some bike. He misses it to this day.
 
I'm predicting it right now. Kawasaki is going to blow away everyone else in the Retro Standard market with this release.

I say this why? Because obviously Z900RS = Z900 RLETS Standard. Bravo Kawasaki!
 
You're on to them, Guth!
 
Guth_imp said:
They've obviously been paying attention to the ever growing movement taking place.
Unfortunately, it appears this is the new Z900.

14061c193747683b93234608c1895bfd.jpg
 
I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that is not doing anything for and I'm being polite. Guess it is for the Transformers generation.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
There are only so many retro buyers out in this world and many can't afford the payment being on social security.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
There are only so many retro buyers out in this world and many can't afford the payment being on social security.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I'm in my early 40s, no where near social security and that bike is still ugly to me. I will say it does have a nice sound and probably rides great. I guess once you're on it, you might forget its ugly.
 
I wouldn't be interested in the Transformer version of the Z900 that they're selling this year. I'm very interested in the retro version that they were teasing us with last fall.

 
Elipten_imp said:
There are only so many retro buyers out in this world and many can't afford the payment being on social security.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Heaven help them if Social Security is all they have.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I wouldn't be interested in the Transformer version of the Z900 that they're selling this year. I'm very interested in the retro version that they were teasing us with last fall.
Yes, I would buy that beautiful bike too. I hope Kawasaki has plans to release it. I keep checking the Japanese publications, but no luck so far.
 
I was at the bike show and the Kawasaki dealer told me it is indeed coming to North America and the price will be under cutting Honda and Triumph considerably.
 
With my luck I would buy one of those and the next year they would come out with a Deluxe model :rofl:
 
I'll wait until I see one in person. Some of the lines look questionable in the photo and those pipes (I know, owning a Griso should disqualify me for complaining about ugly pipes..... :D ) - not too sure about them. In any event, much better looking than that other bike. :P
 
Back
Top