2017 Honda CB1100EX - $8500 good deal ?

I think this is the 1st 2017 EX I have seen used for sale.
 
The dash looks awesome. Haven't seen one yet BUT...no green clocks?! What the heck? That's prolly why he sold it. He just couldn't come to grips with run of the mill clocks. :thumbsup:
 
Bheezy27403_imp said:
The dash looks awesome. Haven't seen one yet BUT...no green clocks?! What the heck? That's prolly why he sold it. He just couldn't come to grips with run of the mill clocks. :thumbsup:
Do the green clocks remain green at night, or do they turn to black?
 
my 14 dlx gauges are this color

a9f824ef89788712c0d2fe84d64bbeef.jpg
 
I think I posted up a pic for you in another thread. Mine glow blue.
 
Here’s my 2013. Green in daylight. Black (but really still green) at night. Not sure what you’re asking about, though, VJL; don’t you own a 2017 ?
be4872c28e91d5597cea4baaf1a3b7ed.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yes, I do own a '17, but tbe '17 has black gauges, not green. I have a strong suspicion the '14 Deluxe's green gauges don't look green at night, which is a shame. I would love for them to stay green when lit up.

mickey, I'm talking about the green speedo and tach, not the blue digital display in the center.
 
Yea I know, I believe my speedo and tach have a bluish white hue in the dark. Let me see if I have a pic

e216ea129be349cf2dd03f2a22d2db79.jpg
 
The font on the speedo and tach is slanted and slightly larger on the '17...

be122ef84e00cc2abe6ea8ce0f626e79.jpg



...vs straight and a hair smaller on the earlier models...

4535d1e398ccc310709ebdbf91b9cec4.jpg
 
Compared to the 2014 models it looks like they italicized the numerals and cleaned things up just a bit on the analog portion of the gauges for 2017.
 
I actually prefer the look of the 13 gauges..color, font, numbers, 140 top speed (even if it won't do it). More " classic" looking to me.

Honda really did a good job on a lot of the 13's details. I prefer the dlxs silver motor, color matched side covers, chrome waterfall head pipes, and dual silencers though.
 
Back
Top