2017 Honda Africa Twin

Seabee_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Africa Twin is still a curiosity to me. Honda sales dude always wants to sell one to me.
With a name like Gold Oxide I imagine this bike would appeal as the gold accents are quite striking. Go on let the sales dude have his fun!
I forgot to mention my salesman at the local Honda Powerhouse is also a DLX owner.
With a name like Gold Oxide I imagine this bike would appeal as the gold accents are quite striking. Go on let the sales dude have his fun!
I forgot to mention my salesman at the local Honda Powerhouse is also a DLX owner.
Ha! Thanks SeaBee. I actually don't like the name GoldOxide, but it was a name nobody else would probably use. Gold oxide (the material) is also somewhat rare. I do like the height of the Africa Twin. ( ... I gotta stop typing now ... )
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Seabee_imp said:
GoldOxide_imp said:
Africa Twin is still a curiosity to me. Honda sales dude always wants to sell one to me.
With a name like Gold Oxide I imagine this bike would appeal as the gold accents are quite striking. Go on let the sales dude have his fun!
I forgot to mention my salesman at the local Honda Powerhouse is also a DLX owner.
With a name like Gold Oxide I imagine this bike would appeal as the gold accents are quite striking. Go on let the sales dude have his fun!
I forgot to mention my salesman at the local Honda Powerhouse is also a DLX owner.
Ha! Thanks SeaBee. I actually don't like the name GoldOxide, but it was a name nobody else would probably use. Gold oxide (the material) is also somewhat rare. I do like the height of the Africa Twin. ( ... I gotta stop typing now ... )
With a name like Gold Oxide I imagine this bike would appeal as the gold accents are quite striking. Go on let the sales dude have his fun!
I forgot to mention my salesman at the local Honda Powerhouse is also a DLX owner.
Ha! Thanks SeaBee. I actually don't like the name GoldOxide, but it was a name nobody else would probably use. Gold oxide (the material) is also somewhat rare. I do like the height of the Africa Twin. ( ... I gotta stop typing now ... ) Throw a leg over one it will be a nice surprise. Happy New Year to you and all the forum members:biker:
 
I had one for about a year, when they first came out. Reg. Gear change. I tested the DCT and thought it was great but played it safe. On my own, without luggage, the bike was nippy and handled well. I found two up with luggage was a bit much for the bike and it lost its zing and handling suffered.
I’ve since bought a R1200GS Adventure, which I far prefer. Neither would ever see off road use.
Honda looked great tho!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sometimes the second bike is the hardest bike.

You know you want it.

You probably don't need it.

You want to fill gaps your first bike does not, or does not do well.

There are many second bike candidates <-- Big problem.

Your budget dictates everything.

Scratch that, your spouse dictates everything. :dodgy:
 
Very cool! I have spoke to few guys with A T’s. With DcT. They loved them. I have been looking at then for a. Few years know. Good for you. I think everyone should have at least 3 bikes.. lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
dsan1964_imp said:
Very cool! I have spoke to few guys with A T’s. With DcT. They loved them. I have been looking at then for a. Few years know. Good for you. I think everyone should have at least 3 bikes.. lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand. We have a saying in Germany "All good things are 3". So I follow this rule or advice which means: three motorbikes. There are exceptions to this rule, could even be more than 3....

Wisedrum
 
Back
Top