2017 cb's uh oh

gtmn_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
not an overall great review on the rs. not that we care but i think we all hope to care
as i wouldn't mind having one
check out youtube mcn review
 
gtmn, I can't find it. Can you post a link?
 
gtmn_imp said:
not an overall great review on the rs. not that we care but i think we all hope to care
as i wouldn't mind having one
check out youtube mcn review

Agree but overall the reviews have been positive.
I think the MCN reviewer expected something a little more 'hardcore' in the Honda. That's fair enough for someone wanting a more retro 'street racer' experience but I still feel that the new cb1100rs hits the mark for those wanting a more refined/cruiser/comfortable ride. At my age (59) I want a more upright seating position with good provision for a pillion passenger (which is something the competition lacks). I am still of the opinion that this is the right bike for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Took my CB in for it's annual service and got a chance to see the new RS in the flesh for the first time. They do look very cool, I sat on it and it is a different feel and seated position from my 2014EX. It felt like the bars were slightly narrower, not sure if they actually are, and it seemed I was carrying more of my weight through my arms, so a slight prone position. This surprised me, but could be my perception is wrong. The seat itself is very nice, and the LED's look cool.
Overall a nice machine but probably not for me, still love my EX.
 
Justcruising. With the new slipper clutch on the 2017, was there any noticeable difference to the already light pull on th EX?
 
Guth_imp said:
MCN Review:


I loved the printed insert "Not inverted" and later "still not inverted" cracked me up.
 
Anybody seen a '17 in the U.S. yet? They usually arrive around this time of year. I asked a couple of local dealers and they had no news about them.
 
my dealer doesn't have one yet
 
My dealer said, if I recall, that they would be here in May, but that some of the biggest Honda dealers (forget what he called them) might have some sooner.
 
Probably called them Powersports dealers.
 
I stopped in to my local dealer. No CB on the floor. His response was that they had to discount so much to sell the 2013/14's he would only order a '17 if I wanted one. He also thought they would avoid the VFR1200X unless ordered. He seems a very cautious dealer. Yet, he carries the SlingShot, Quads, Side by Sides, and several other makes of bikes.
jim
 
I know a lot of people are jonesing for the RS, but it's not my cup of tea from a styling perspective. I really can't abide black wheels on anything and am not a fan of the gold anodizing on the * Not Inverted * forks nor the yellow Plasti-Dipping on the springs. Bars farther forward are also of no interest. That the RS disappointed this reviewer in the handling department is a moot point for me. The EX is the more aesthetically pleasing and properly balanced package IMO.
 
tinboatcapt_imp said:
I stopped in to my local dealer. No CB on the floor. His response was that they had to discount so much to sell the 2013/14's he would only order a '17 if I wanted one. He also thought they would avoid the VFR1200X unless ordered. He seems a very cautious dealer. Yet, he carries the SlingShot, Quads, Side by Sides, and several other makes of bikes.
jim
I have money down on a 2017 and was told the bike will ship from Japan on May 29th. The dealer expects me to take delivery on June 12th. It will be interesting to see if that is true. I half expact my bike to be delayed as I have been down this path before.
 
I visited a very large multi-line dealer yesterday. No '17 CB1100, no Van Van 200, but he did have the new CBR1000 and a bunch of leftover '14 and '15 Interceptors (for cheap!).
 
I did the same thing. Stopped in at the local motorcycle mega-store to see what was new. Surprisingly, they had no leftover CB1100s (they usually have at least one on the floor). I did see the new Van Van from Suzuki. Very cool looking little bike. Looks like it would be fun to ride around town.

They had most of the '17 models from just about every manufacturer, except the CB1100.

The most surprising bike was a massive Guzzi cruiser called the MGX-21 Flying Fortress. Flying Fortress?!? The only thing that appeared to be missing were the gun turrets. :D
 
Back
Top