2017 CB1100EX Accessory Plugs

TXBG, we would like to see your K1600GTL pic, please. TY.
We know, you are good in taking pics :D
 
Thread starter
peterbaron_imp said:
TXBG, we would like to see your K1600GTL pic, please. TY.
We know, you are good in taking pics :D
Ask and you shall receive. Although technically I can't take credit for this pic. I just rode past the guy with the talent.

 
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
TXBG, we would like to see your K1600GTL pic, please. TY.
We know, you are good in taking pics :D
Ask and you shall receive. Although technically I can't take credit for this pic. I just rode past the guy with the talent.
Ask and you shall receive. Although technically I can't take credit for this pic. I just rode past the guy with the talent.
Man, that is one pretty motorcycle. I need a touring bike by next summer. (I am retiring!) I am going to need some help and advice before I get one. You pix is a good beginning! Did you buy it new?
 
Thread starter
michael1954_imp said:
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
peterbaron_imp said:
TXBG, we would like to see your K1600GTL pic, please. TY.
We know, you are good in taking pics :D
Ask and you shall receive. Although technically I can't take credit for this pic. I just rode past the guy with the talent.
Ask and you shall receive. Although technically I can't take credit for this pic. I just rode past the guy with the talent.
Man, that is one pretty motorcycle. I need a touring bike by next summer. (I am retiring!) I am going to need some help and advice before I get one. You pix is a good beginning! Did you buy it new?
Thanks. I love the GTL more than I've loved any bike I've ever owned. It's the one I'd keep if somebody forced me to only have one. I came to this from a 2005 Honda ST1300 so it's my 2nd sport-touring bike. Happy to talk about them with you all day long! Once our weather gets back to bike weather and I am able to ride again--we should meet up in the Hill Country, Austin or somewhere in the middle.

There's a great market out there for used GTLs. One of my buddies just picked up a 2016 with less than 5,000 miles on it for around $12k-ish. Awesome deal for him. Horrific sign for me if I'd ever considered selling mine! I have over half that much invested in accessories/upgrades alone.

Oops, forgot to answer your question--yes, I bought mine new at the end of 2013--it's a 2014 model year.
 
TXBikerGuy_imp said:

You're right about the 4 pin white connector under the left side cover of a 2017 EX, in the black boot towards the rear. The black/brown is a switched and fused (10A) circuit, and the green is always ground. The green/yellow is the brake light circuit, so powered only when brake lights applied (possibly for auxiliary brake lights or a brake light dash indicator in another market). The red/green wire is power all the time, even with the key off and removed (like charging phone when camping overnight).

The red connector in the headlight is probably for low draw accessories like GPS, phone charging, etc., not for heated grips or auxiliary headlights.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
TXBikerGuy_imp said:

You're right about the 4 pin white connector under the left side cover of a 2017 EX, in the black boot towards the rear. The black/brown is a switched and fused (10A) circuit, and the green is always ground. The green/yellow is the brake light circuit, so powered only when brake lights applied (possibly for auxiliary brake lights or a brake light dash indicator in another market). The red/green wire is power all the time, even with the key off and removed (like charging phone when camping overnight).

The red connector in the headlight is probably for low draw accessories like GPS, phone charging, etc., not for heated grips or auxiliary headlights.

Thanks, PKD! Exactly the help I was looking for. I'm ordering the male side of the 4-pin connector with some pins and will only wire it up for the black/brown and green leads.
 
There you are! Thank for sharing, as I almost used a wrong port!

91979b7d9beac2c2bdaaef6121eb9f34.jpg
 
Here is a picture of the connector you need-- it is the 2 pin. USB ON HANDLEBAR - connection at battery direct .

If you need the 4 pin as shown on the page TxBikerGuy posted. It is this one: 4 pin HM 090 Male and Female locking connector. It is the second one down on the page.

If you want the 2 pin scroll down to the 2 pin--2 pin HM 090 Male and Female locking connector

They are Sumitomo connectors. I purchased the kit but only used 2 of them for my accessory connectors.
 
It will be the 2 pin HM 090 Milkmaster. Be sure to order a set to include the pins which you will have to solder on yourself.
 
They are actually crimped pins. I guess you could solder them if desired but they may not seat in the shell if the crimp ears aren’t bent over.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
They are actually crimped pins. I guess you could solder them if desired but they may not seat in the shell if the crimp ears aren’t bent over.
Yes, I crimped mine and ran a light solder over them "to be sure to be sure"!
 
Back
Top