2017 cb1100

rusty1_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Just hear today, that we are getting the CB1100 back for 2017 in Canada, to be released in May or June this year. No pic's yet.
 
That is good news. Makes it likely they'll head to the US.
 
rusty1_imp said:
Just hear today, that we are getting the CB1100 back for 2017 in Canada, to be released in May or June this year. No pic's yet.
Hi Rusty-where did you hear/see this? Dealership?
 
jrns_imp said:
rusty1_imp said:
Just hear today, that we are getting the CB1100 back for 2017 in Canada, to be released in May or June this year. No pic's yet.
Hi Rusty-where did you hear/see this? Dealership?
Hi Rusty-where did you hear/see this? Dealership?
Enquiring minds want to know :D
 
That IS good news...hopefully for the US too
Dear Honda,

All I ask for to make the bike perfect is shaft drive. Pretty please!!!!!!!!


Thanks,

DaSwami
 
DaSwami_imp said:
That IS good news...hopefully for the US too
Dear Honda,

All I ask for to make the bike perfect is shaft drive. Pretty please!!!!!!!!


Thanks,

DaSwami
Unthinkable!
ae1514733d1dd1d5a656891e399ab573.gif
 
Hope the CB returns in 2017

I wouldnt mind seeing something in the 850-900cc range is a standard or sport touring motif from Honda.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Hope the CB returns in 2017

I wouldnt mind seeing something in the 850-900cc range is a standard or sport touring motif from Honda.
I agree, although, I think Honda would contend that the VFR Interceptor comes close to your wishes in the "sport-touring" class. (unfortunately, it's too much "sport" and not enough "touring" for my taste) A CB850 or CB900 with either a modern or retro look would get my attention, especially if the seat height was low enough for a certain female rider I know.
 
I just did a search on Honda of Canada. They are offering a Black Honda CB1100 EX model, with 5.9% financing from January 3, through March 31, 2016. I down loaded a brochure and they have a 2015 CB 1100 EX. The price was 10,299 Canadian. That doesn't sound right does it? After reading this again, this 10,299 offer sounds like a lease agreement. Any guys from Great Britain here? It wasn't Honda Canada, it was Honda Great Britain.
https://secure.honda.co.uk/content/dam/local/uk/brochures/motorcycles/20
Seems like it might be 10,299 English pounds. I thought it was Honda of Canada. Guess it wasn't.
http://www.honda.co.uk/motorcycles/range/street/cb1100-ex-2014/overview.html
 
I too hope they bring back the CB1100 in 2017.

While we are dreaming about bikes...IMHO, another almost perfect Honda would be a modern version of the 1984/1985 CB650SC Nighthawk with early 70's retro styling, 75 HP, 425 pounds, fuel injected, cast wheels/tubeless tires, hydraulic clutch, hydraulic front brake, hydraulic valves, shaft drive, dual front discs, adjustable suspension, powerful horns, a center stand, ABS and a sub $9000 MSRP.

It's fun to dream... :D

 
Yes Eddie just like that only bumped to 850-900 with same exact powerband as CB1100!
 
When I was shopping for a new bike in 1992, the Nighthawk was very high on my list, but a leftover Honda Hawk NT650 became available and I went with that.
The nighthawk has a nice profile and is pleasing to look at.
 
The nighthawk has a nice profile and is pleasing to look at.
agree with that...and the comment about a larger displacement. a 900cc (or thereabouts) would be just right ..
 
Shaft drive is one of the few significant changes that would make me consider buying a 2017. The others being a larger tank and 6 speeds (both already addressed with the 2014 model)
 
My only real complaint is the lack of hydraulic lifters. In my opinion that would have made that bike just so much better. The interval for lash adjustment/checks is absurd.
 
All those on the other side of the Pond (Pacific Ocean), often read about the desire for a larger capacity tank.I hear where you coming from. Just a inquiry, if in the more remote areas of the US on secondary roads how far between service stations ? From what I have read if planning a lap of this Continent (Aust) only on a couple of occasions would you need a range greater than 280km.

Any one thought of fitting the K10 tank (18l - 4.7gal) its larger if range is an issue?

Regards

PS.
Ride to Mitta Mitta theoretical 300 km to a tank. To Dargo 284 km (176 mile) actual and there was still some fuel to go before vapour.
 
Randy B_imp said:
My only real complaint is the lack of hydraulic lifters. In my opinion that would have made that bike just so much better. The interval for lash adjustment/checks is absurd.
Agreed Randy. The shim under bucket is robust but the interval is a PITA. I'm at 9200 miles and I haven't done my 8k valve check yet..... Just don't have the time for it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top