2017 CB1100 Revealed

Not really sure that I like this direction for the bike.

b799e0209e7229d7acbafb96249bdb26.png
 
Interesting. Will be interesting to see how it's recieved, and if it's coming to the states. Certainly an updated look.

Looks like you 1 pipers have something special, as the only model released with that exhaust system.
 
I like it. I might would rather have my current tank on it and I would have to change out the handlebars. But radial brakes, nice shocks, dual exhaust...

Not getting one though; I'll keep my '13.
 
The interesting conflict here. They are making it more sporty, which is the trend in many bikes these days, such as the Thruxton, Scrambler, etc...and what many of you do to your own CB- but on the other hand the new fancy suspension, dual pipes, and whatever other changes are going to increase the cost and weight, 2 of the bigger things that limited the original U.S. sales.

I'm going to take a guess and say that they wouldn't put lipstick on a pig though- and have probably increased HP and response on this model. If they left the power and feel as it, not backing up the look, well....

Tires look wider to me.
 
I like the wheels and tires, and the looking-bigger tank. The franken-suspension with the radial calipers bolted onto still-not-USD forks though...WTF is happening there? I'd wager our bikes will perform just as well with the addition of some racetech bits in the front forks. Not upspec enough to be an RNineT killer, but that's the look they're going for.
 
Here is the first video of today's CB1100 presentation:
Honda Pro Racing

So I think, at least in Europe it will be continued. As they show it that early in all the shows, it makes me think, it has some future.
 
Gives some interesting pieces to snag for our existing CB'S. I may puck up one now those factory LED headlight setups when they become available.
 
There are two versions: the RS, which is in the pic above, with the fancy suspensions and radial brakes, and 17-inch cast wheels and the EX, with 18-inch spoked wheels, and basic suspension-brake setup. Both have slipper clutch.

some more info here:
Honda reveals updated CB1100EX and new CB1100RS

personally I prefer my 2013 standard, due to the shape of the tank, and more authentic retro look, but I'm really glad the model lives on. I hope it will be popular, but not so sure, with the R9T and Thruxton for competition...
 
some things are better (seat looks cool, the horn)

most things look worse imo (that tank...omg)

and some things are worth to try out (blinkers and headlight)

not sure what to think about the piggy back shocks
but for the front Honda should have gone for upside down forks on the sporty model, like this guy did:
f0ae4848cde2f37290db20c93570ef23.jpg

btw, what a beautiful add for the new bike, talking about hommage ;)

 
Swingarm looks beefy- and aluminum.

Glad to see they did 'intake tract' work on the engine. Cams are probably different as well.
Tail light is smaller.
 
Overall both models look pretty cool. The tank shape is growing on me, but still looks kind of strange from the rear view especially. I like the silver heads and black cyl barrels on the EX, too bad the RS doesn't have that also. I also think the RS wheels don't look quite right for this bike; a Comstar-style wheel would have looked way better. These wheels look a lot like the current CB500 wheels to me.
Now, the big question for me is will they sell it in the US????
 
Riko_imp said:
some things are better (seat looks cool, the horn)

most things look worse imo (that tank...omg)

and some things are worth to try out (blinkers and headlight)

not sure what to think about the piggy back shocks
but for the front Honda should have gone for upside down forks on the sporty model, like this guy did:
f0ae4848cde2f37290db20c93570ef23.jpg

btw, what a beautiful add for the new bike, talking about hommage ;)

Neat video!
http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2017-h...otorcycle-vintage-retro-bike-cb-1100-cb1100rs
Another article.
 
Back
Top