2016 CB1100A in Canada

That's one of the concept CB's from the Osaka show I think.

Ooh baby, that's good news. I need to update the history section.
 
The ferret_imp said:
That's one of the concept CB's from the Osaka show I think.

Ooh baby, that's good news. I need to update the history section.
I believe that was one of the production models from the show, not a concept.
 
Randy I found it, it was a Custom Concept from the Tokyo show, only as a concept it had a cafe style seat, bar end mirrors and black 4 into 2 pipes, whereas the production model shown has a std seat, std mirrors and stainless and chrome pipe 4 into 1

Honda CB 1100 Custom Concept @ Tokyo Motorcycle Show 2015

Or you can google Honda CB1100 Custom Concept
 
Its one of the two "models planned for production" shown here:

Honda Motor Co.,Ltd.|Honda Global Corporate Website
(scroll to the pictures at the bottom of the page)

The other is the EX with a new two tone paint job. Typical Honda, not much by way of changes other than some cosmetics... looks like our 2014 black standard with white checkered stripes, black fenders and ABS. 2014 black standards in some other markets (countries) already had ABS. Two interesting things: $12999 CA converts to $9968 US which is less than our 2014 without ABS... and the Canadian specs say combined brake system with ABS but it still only has four pot calipers. The DLX specs said the same thing.

So will we get one or both of the "models planned for production"? The EX would sure please the spoke wheel lovers, and if you don't like the color you're just a gas tank and side covers away from Candy Red, Pearl White and whatever other colors the EX was offered in. Also, I bet Honda sells a bunch of those black fenders to '14 standard owners when the part numbers are available!!
 
It's funny because if you click through the different sections, it looks like you can still buy the old colours -- either that or they're just using parts from the old website.

"Deep rich pearl blue paint on the classically styled fuel tank is complimented by high quality Honda wing emblems."
 
The ferret_imp said:
Randy I found it, it was a Custom Concept from the Tokyo show, only as a concept it had a cafe style seat, bar end mirrors and black 4 into 2 pipes, whereas the production model shown has a std seat, std mirrors and stainless and chrome pipe 4 into 1

Honda CB 1100 Custom Concept @ Tokyo Motorcycle Show 2015

Or you can google Honda CB1100 Custom Concept
BestStandard_imp said:
Its one of the two "models planned for production" shown here:

Honda Motor Co.,Ltd.|Honda Global Corporate Website
(scroll to the pictures at the bottom of the page)

The other is the EX with a new two tone paint job. Typical Honda, not much by way of changes other than some cosmetics... looks like our 2014 black standard with white checkered stripes, black fenders and ABS. 2014 black standards in some other markets (countries) already had ABS. Two interesting things: $12999 CA converts to $9968 US which is less than our 2014 without ABS... and the Canadian specs say combined brake system with ABS but it still only has four pot calipers. The DLX specs said the same thing.

So will we get one or both of the "models planned for production"? The EX would sure please the spoke wheel lovers, and if you don't like the color you're just a gas tank and side covers away from Candy Red, Pearl White and whatever other colors the EX was offered in. Also, I bet Honda sells a bunch of those black fenders to '14 standard owners when the part numbers are available!!
Ferret this is where I saw it. I don't remember ever seeing the one from the show now that I think about it.
 
Looks like 3 piston calipers in front and single piston in rear.

BestStandard_imp said:
Its one of the two "models planned for production" shown here:

Honda Motor Co.,Ltd.|Honda Global Corporate Website
(scroll to the pictures at the bottom of the page)

The other is the EX with a new two tone paint job. Typical Honda, not much by way of changes other than some cosmetics... looks like our 2014 black standard with white checkered stripes, black fenders and ABS. 2014 black standards in some other markets (countries) already had ABS. Two interesting things: $12999 CA converts to $9968 US which is less than our 2014 without ABS... and the Canadian specs say combined brake system with ABS but it still only has four pot calipers. The DLX specs said the same thing.

So will we get one or both of the "models planned for production"? The EX would sure please the spoke wheel lovers, and if you don't like the color you're just a gas tank and side covers away from Candy Red, Pearl White and whatever other colors the EX was offered in. Also, I bet Honda sells a bunch of those black fenders to '14 standard owners when the part numbers are available!!
 
Looks to me from further down the page that the Canadians will be getting the blue tank only. Not sure what the opening picture's about. Doubt it will come to Aus, but that's OK as long as Honda keeps making it.
By the way, what does it mean that Honda's US website is still offering the 2014 black standard? Is it that they have some left or that they intend to keep bringing them in?
 
The specs listed say it has triple piston calipers in front, but that pic looks to be only showing 2. At least on the right side.
 
if the picture is accurate , I see a few differences (cosmetic) between the 2014 Canadian Bike that I currently own and this new 2016 Canadian model:
Price: they have reduced the advertised price quite a bit. When I purchased mine the showroom price was over $14'000 Canadian. I Got it for less, but it appears Honda now understands that price in 2014 was unrealistic in the marketplace.
Colors: there is a contradiction on the website- they show 2 versions blue (2014 model) and black.
If its black- the tank / side covers (obviously), I see the fenders (front/rear) are also black (not chrome).and rear taillight bracket is black. The engine has a little more black as well than the 2014 and the wheels are blacked.
everything else appears the same- 4 into 1, seat, etc
Someone mentioned if the headlight was LED, That would be great if it was-but if the price has reduced - so hard to say if they would upgrade the lighting? Too bad they couldn't provide a few more pics and clarification- the website info is confusing?
On the upside tho- very cool that the CB is continuing.
 
I wouldn't put too much credence in the Canadian website...it has always been full of errors and typically uses photos of European or Japanese spec bikes. The ABS is the cheaper version and not linked/combined as stated.

I prefer my 2014 Canadian with Spenser Blue tank, chrome fenders and clear anodized aluminum parts. Other than the black & white checker striping, the 2016 looks to me like a cheap "Mennonite" version ;)
 
Thanks, but no thanks.
I'm with Gumby and will be keeping my Spencer blue 2014 with chrome fenders and bright engine covers.
 
it will be interesting to see what parts of the world that model is sold?
Love the 4into2 exhaust and the spoke wheels.
 
Back
Top