2016 CB1100

Timpo_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
From 2015 Tokyo Motorshow.

LED light, shorter exhaust, revised fuel tank, seat and other small details.

fcbd3f111de464cd91e07cda88133524.jpg

933d2d77c3e6386dc6a506aea0c09b3b.jpg

c3f63dfa353cd0c65b6f2e215e070134.jpg

a789c127d8c216cb05161a45a89d8cbb.jpg

005e0f12ce72ecea41a7101f453c521a.jpg

07a6efbc15f124e72e3c456574c0a36c.jpg

1c8da8de51e119f4cbd9b17f57cbe6ca.jpg

a8acee8a3840a73ad6831ad3ffcbd5a8.jpg

8f126b7809d878a9877c79dc833a9541.jpg

05f7673b73c0996c17ec9024d9fa9f7b.jpg

16bd5cf8d9675d26c3d3552127a74eb8.jpg

25488a1d6ac53f95ba3c9360dc6c1e80.jpg

f03534c3c19fe27181b9c746a6de9f3b.jpg

bf9bcf0231104532de0c44b62f166c35.

e0e47502f4c29a8eb48ad0a2211c250d.jpg

0848487252bf572397c1fc063dc6fe49.jpg

b0e8430309e2c73940dac5fff54d7077.jpg

c219d55a536a8ac064d0cc52ab5b6ab5.jpg

5a5a44636e552dbe5408352f9ed95f64.jpg

9228785f79f07c993eef67add8b9fcea.jpg

2f818680ea3a274c2bc91bf3665ecdd2.jpg
 
It was my understanding that this is simply a "concept model" and does not necessarily reflect what may be available in 2016...and is no guarantee that there will even be a 2016 model.

That said, the next Honda dealer information release will be the EICMA 2015 Show which is scheduled for November 17-22nd.
Maybe something definitive will be announced then.
 
Don't forget, "available" means something different in Japan vs. North America...

I have no doubt that the CB1100 line will continue in Japan, whether it comes to N.A. is another matter altogether...

Gumby 1100_imp said:
It was my understanding that this is simply a "concept model" and does not necessarily reflect what may be available in 2016...and is no guarantee that there will even be a 2016 model.

That said, the next Honda dealer information release will be the EICMA 2015 Show which is scheduled for November 17-22nd.
Maybe something definitive will be announced then.
 
Would you paint the side covers to match the tank already...:@
 
There are some very nice details going on there. After my trip, I'd really prefer a tank bag that clipped to a gas tank ring - as used in the concept bike above. Other details are very nice tweaks of a nice bike - not necessarily better, but different, in a good way.

Can't tell if they spent the money on tubeless spoked rims or not. I'd rather go tubeless. If they won't, then stick with cast wheels. I'm spoiled with tubeless tires. (several bikes have tubeless spoked rims; my Griso for starters).

I prefer my Honda's to be red, thank you. :D
 
Rboe_imp said:
There are some very nice details going on there. After my trip, I'd really prefer a tank bag that clipped to a gas tank ring - as used in the concept bike above. Other details are very nice tweaks of a nice bike - not necessarily better, but different, in a good way.

Can't tell if they spent the money on tubeless spoked rims or not. I'd rather go tubeless. If they won't, then stick with cast wheels. I'm spoiled with tubeless tires. (several bikes have tubeless spoked rims; my Griso for starters).

I prefer my Honda's to be red, thank you. :D
 
My Griso looks like that (sorta), but they use o-rings on the inside to seal things up. Older Guzzi's, BMW"s and maybe others resorted to running the spoke nuts on the outside of the rim on a flange, exposing the nut. Very easy to tell it's tubeless. But if you use o-rings you can be sneaky!
 
If it's a concept, they can put any tire on any rim if it's a show piece and will never be ridden; so I wouldn't waste too much time investigating.

I believe it's a concept and not a product they will produce exactly like shown. Do you think they're going to waste more money and production effort on chromed clutch and brake reservoirs?
 
Look on the tire.....TUBE TYPE.
 
clearviewx_imp said:
Would you paint the side covers to match the tank already...:@
I think the silver looks good, that hot rod yellow is really loud as it is, it doen't need anymore help...however on my candy antaures (sp) red I had to have matching side covers.....
 
I had always thought i wanted spoked rims until I had them and then i hated them. PITA to keep clean. Running tubes is horrible espessially if you change tires yourself. I will keep my mags thank you.
 
Gentlemen,

If they build that in bright yellow I'm IN!!!!! Would look great sitting next to my bright yellow Ford. Love that color.

Chip

 
Brookland27_imp said:
I had always thought i wanted spoked rims until I had them and then i hated them. PITA to keep clean. Running tubes is horrible espessially if you change tires yourself. I will keep my mags thank you.
Spokes look great but I too hate the cleaning and dealing with tubes. Coming back to mags has really reminded me of the ease of them.
 
Very tempting with what I'm seeing, I must resist, I must resist.....resistance is futile, Why do I feel like and addict, must walk away, must walk away, temptation to the max, must must resist.....please do not come out with spokes, it will be easier to overcome, must overcome....

On a side note, I don't ride my CB like alot of you guys do, sunny day rider here, that why spokes would be easier for me to keep clean....I do like the dual pipes, I wonder if it is going to be double walled like the DLX....I like the shape of the tank on top with this gas cap version, as well as the turn signals and tail light, among other things, I'm not a fan of the yellow, a little to loud for my taste, I really didn't care for the black version that I'm seeing.....we'll see, must resist, must resist, Hello, my name is Steve and I'm a CB holic.......
 
Back
Top