2016 CB1100

My local dealer still has a '13 ABS and a '13 STD. Another dealer as well. Except for Harleys, the Northeast was pretty quiet in '15. Now and then I saw other bikes. There is also this adventure bike boom going on. - I do like the concepts. Bit of a change from the DLX. The new tank is nice. Chrome is nice but brushed metal is fine for me as well.
 
quietguy_imp said:
Guth_imp said:
Here is MCN's update on the CB1100R concept: Honda CB Racer revived
Excellent and very interesting article... the Honda engineers are borderline geniuses... Just my opinion of course.
Excellent and very interesting article... the Honda engineers are borderline geniuses... Just my opinion of course.
Oh lordy, I can't afford that bike to come here. :blush:
 
How much do you have to earn, or to have accumulated for us retired folks to be considered affluent? I imagine to a guy living under a bridge that a bunch of people living inside with computers, iPads, smart phones talking about which farkles they should buy for their new motorcycles would ALL be considered affluent. I certainly don't consider myself affluent, but then again I'm not digging in garbage cans or waiting in a soup line for dinner either.

Funny words affluent, and rich.

I will admit to aging, and being a white guy but I have no control over those things.
 
By default living in this country we're considered more affluent than 99% of the rest of the worlds population. Now rich? I wouldn't go quite so far to use that to describe my situation compared to some of my countrymen/women.
 
There is of course "rich in spirit, attitude, outlook on life"...but alas...dealerships and credit services fail miserably in this regard when I want to purchase a bike. They say "cash is king" which would make me a lowly subject...fortunately, neither is true. Haha...ok, enough.
 
Frulk_imp said:
By default living in this country we're considered more affluent than 99% of the rest of the worlds population. Now rich? I wouldn't go quite so far to use that to describe my situation compared to some of my countrymen/women.
lol seriously? kinda surprised nobody else reacts against this comment...

Either you are underestimating "the affulence" of rest of the world living above the equator...or you don't even know there is an 'rest of the world above the equator, or blunt said, ignorance?

I assume you perceive the world only through your perspective, thus forgetting the grand view.

Cause really, there are about people 7,393,200,000 on this world, if the US is that 1% affluence, than 7,319,268,000 are not affluent..:rolleyes:
World Population Clock: 8.3 Billion People (LIVE, 2026) - Worldometer

You forget about your neighbour Canada.
Than there is Western-Europe.
South-Korea.
Japan.
Oceania.

Those are all far from affluent regions huh?

The only correct observation would be: by default, many that live under the equator perceive all who live above the equator as filthy rich.
 
We're not as all special as we seem to think at times. World travel would cure that. I'd do it if I could afford it. :(
 
Riko_imp said:
Frulk_imp said:
By default living in this country we're considered more affluent than 99% of the rest of the worlds population. Now rich? I wouldn't go quite so far to use that to describe my situation compared to some of my countrymen/women.
lol seriously? kinda surprised nobody else reacts against this comment...

Either you are underestimating "the affulence" of rest of the world living above the equator...or you don't even know there is an 'rest of the world above the equator, or blunt said, ignorance?

I assume you perceive the world only through your perspective, thus forgetting the grand view.

Cause really, there are about people 7,393,200,000 on this world, if the US is that 1% affluence, than 7,319,268,000 are not affluent..:rolleyes:
World Population Clock: 8.3 Billion People (LIVE, 2026) - Worldometer

You forget about your neighbour Canada.
Than there is Western-Europe.
South-Korea.
Japan.
Oceania.

Those are all far from affluent regions huh?

The only correct observation would be: by default, many that live under the equator perceive all who live above the equator as filthy rich.
lol seriously? kinda surprised nobody else reacts against this comment...

Either you are underestimating "the affulence" of rest of the world living above the equator...or you don't even know there is an 'rest of the world above the equator, or blunt said, ignorance?

I assume you perceive the world only through your perspective, thus forgetting the grand view.

Cause really, there are about people 7,393,200,000 on this world, if the US is that 1% affluence, than 7,319,268,000 are not affluent..:rolleyes:
World Population Clock: 8.3 Billion People (LIVE, 2026) - Worldometer

You forget about your neighbour Canada.
Than there is Western-Europe.
South-Korea.
Japan.
Oceania.

Those are all far from affluent regions huh?

The only correct observation would be: by default, many that live under the equator perceive all who live above the equator as filthy rich.
I was a little irked over that 99% figure too, but I'm not that easily offended by such mistaken remarks and decided to just let it slide.
I don't want to see this thread turn into a political debate with the reference to Trump. If it does, the "chop" will be coming, so let's keep things civil and about motorcycles :D
 
I think we got a little off track due to my reply so I'll clarify it. I wasn't making the comment that the US is the most affluent country on the planet. I said that by "default" being here we were in the 1% of most affluent people on the planet (not the only affluent ones). If you accept the world population at more or less 7 billion then Americans comprise .04% of the worlds mass of humanity. That leaves plenty of room for many other affluent nations to be in the Top 1%...including folks from Belgium, Canada, or Germany (country of my Birth) etc.

As to clarifying my understanding of affluent: I consider myself affluent because I have enough discretionary income to purchase a means of transportation purely for enjoyment and not as my primary means of transportation. This all started with Honda supposedly targeting a specific demographic in the US for consumption of their CB1100. I personally have not seen that in print from a reputable source that can be traced back to Honda.
 
My dealer, Reynold's Motor Sports in Buxton, Maine has two 2014s on the floor for over a year (one red, one black). I have never seen one on the street when riding or driving in Southern Maine. So I guess you could say it's a flop up here. Every one is driving V-twins without helmets. 28 deaths, 19 bare heads in 2015, most deaths in 24 years.
 
On the Internet, our typing skills don't match our speaking (and hearing) skills so it's best to not be quick to take offense and don't be quick to give offense. It's bad enough that we're this weird subset of riders attracted to an old looking under powered POS. But I digress.:angel:
 
yes lets not get carried away here. If I sent this off on the wrong track I apologize but we are not going to get into world politics or issues.
 
I checked the Reynold's dealer website and no CB1100s came up for 13 or 14...



meowguy_imp said:
My dealer, Reynold's Motor Sports in Buxton, Maine has two 2014s on the floor for over a year (one red, one black). I have never seen one on the street when riding or driving in Southern Maine. So I guess you could say it's a flop up here. Every one is driving V-twins without helmets. 28 deaths, 19 bare heads in 2015, most deaths in 24 years.
 
Back
Top