2015 CB1150

Thread starter
Like furious_blue I lusted for the XS650 as well with its big fat rear tire, and the SR650 Kawasaki (which could best the Z1 in the 1/8 mile). And the Z1 of course, but not so much the Hondas back then. Uncle Sam put the clamp down on those dreams.

My Black CB made its debut at work today and already the guys were changing stuff on it. All agreed that the motor was perfect and that I couldn't agree with them more.
 
Rocky_imp said:
VTR1000F_imp said:
and what about this one? Honda CB1100R
Interesting, but I like my bikes to be more "all purpose" and ready to ride whether it be for a day ride; a few days or a week on the road.
Interesting, but I like my bikes to be more "all purpose" and ready to ride whether it be for a day ride; a few days or a week on the road.
I concur. If I was going to buy a sportier Honda bike, I'd go with a new Interceptor and put saddlebags on it. The riding position, however, is still a bit too cramped for me.
 
MFGUSA_imp said:
Like furious_blue I lusted for the XS650 as well with its big fat rear tire, and the SR650 Kawasaki (which could best the Z1 in the 1/8 mile). And the Z1 of course, but not so much the Hondas back then. Uncle Sam put the clamp down on those dreams.

My Black CB made its debut at work today and already the guys were changing stuff on it. All agreed that the motor was perfect and that I couldn't agree with them more.
After my first two standard KZ bikes, I fell for the LTD version on looks alone. The pullback bars were a bit annoying at first, but I got used to them. In those days I was too poor to afford the more desirable inline 4s, so I had to stick with the 750 twins.

f59ed5b4dcebc93bdbd1438269d34e3d.jpg
 
Funny...I went the other way. Here's a pic of my 81 Yamaha XS 650 Special (I had 3 650 Yamahas, 73, 79 and 81). I hated the pull back bars so I took them off and installed K&N Superbike bars and bar end mirrors which transformed the bike for me. Once set up like this it was comfortable and fun to ride.

 
I stopped by my dealer today… They had two 14's hidden behind the quad's… They need to be a little more proactive in promoting them or they may not have a very long run here
 
The dealer near me had a '13 hiding in the side of the shop with vintage scooters (for display, not sale) and the Honda Rebel (for sale, not display). They had a '14 standard hiding in the Parts area. No sign of it near the main attractions.
And no Deluxe!
 
Went by my dealer in Jacksonville, FL on Tuesday to buy some oil filters and see if there was a DLX on the floor. The sales guy said they had got one in the week before but it sold as soon as they put it on the floor. They have a left over 2013 with a dealer installed LAH pipe and no buyers as yet. Sales guy told me that the DLX buyer traded a '13 CB1100 which his manager immediately bought.
 
Ah. Okay. The central Ohio dealers haven't been able to get CBs. But I haven't checked in a couple months. I've only seen one DLX at a dealer that wasn't already spoken for.
 
They won't change this bike. The CB1000 is there for hooligans, the CB1300 is there for muscle shirt wearing beardie-weirdies (and me), and the CB1100 is a bespoke retro oddity.

Not important enough in the range for engine upgrades, cosmetics is the best you can hope for now the six speed gearbox has been addressed (even though it doesn't need it).
 
I like my 14 Deluxe and only hope Honda will continue to offer it in 2015!
The bike is perfect for me in style and with regards to performance. I have no wishes for "improvement".

If I had a wish to make.... It would be a retro CB350F or CB400F - I just love these small in line four engines.
 
I would consider buying a second one myself. I love my CB. I'm selling my suped up XR1200X because I never ride it. I'd LOVE to get my hands on a CB1300 though! Man my dream bike.
 
Oboro_imp said:
I would consider buying a second one myself. I love my CB. I'm selling my suped up XR1200X because I never ride it. I'd LOVE to get my hands on a CB1300 though! Man my dream bike.
I know what you are saying about the CB 1300, would love to have one too !
But I settled on a similar looking CB 1000 a black 94 and a solid red 95.
Did they ever sell the CB 1000 in Canada with the same paint as the red/white CB 1300 ???
I have been trying to find out but no luck so far, I am planning to change my black 94 CB 1000 into the red/white paint scheme of the CB 1300
 
I owned a CB1300 for a few years before the 1100 and on anything but straight open roads the 1100 is much more fun IMO, plenty of great riding roads down here. There is also something about the air cooled donk that just gives it much more character. Mine was the tri coloured faired version which certainly looks the part.
 
Back
Top