2015 CB1150

MFGUSA_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Ok, I know its early, and the paints not even dry on the '14's, but what can Honda possibly come up with next year? Will they have even sold enough of them in the US to justify another year...and what will it be like? It'll be tough to top the '14's. They're probably discussing it right now. Will we get spokes and sans the speed limiter? Drop the Standard? Maybe a retro King & Queen seat with 30" sissy bar (no way). More color choices? A sport model with Turbo? Or will it be the '14 model all over again in Blue. I personally wish they would increase the variety of accessories.

Honda may monitor CB1100.com or be influenced by people who have been here. Our comments may affect what comes out on the next model.

At the very least we can force Ferret to cram another CB into his garage.
 
I agree that Honda does seem to listen to what folks on the 'net think about their bikes. The DLX/EX seemed to bear that out. When the '13 was announced (and before it even arrived) the top issues that I saw mentioned in various forums and media sources were : small tank, 4 into 1 SS pipe and only 5 gears.

That being said, I don't expect much to change next year. The original CB1100 was out for 3 yrs. before this year's upgrade. It being a low volume niche bike, they're probably not going to spend a lot revamping it one year after the DLX/EX. I wouldn't be surprised at a color change, though. I think a Spencer Blue DLX would be popular.
 
Lol...I don't care what they do to it next year, I'm totally ecstatic with my 14 DLX and expect it to be in my garage for a very long time. Won't be buying a 15 CB 1100.

I'm not really sure what they could do to improve on the 14 DLX. Maybe make it even more retro with paint, spokes and 4 into 4 pipes?

Now if they made a 15 CBX 6 cyl, I'd have to do some hard thinking about selling the ST and adding one to the garage to go with the 14 DLX.
 
Thread starter
15 CBX 6 cyl. Now that would be something.

Flynrider is probably right though, changes will probably be minimum next year but I still would like more equipment choices.

Also judging from the '14 registration list, the STD did not do well. 10 to 1 DLX easy but its still early. I always seem to pick the less popular bikes- but I'm OK with that.

The more our bikes are out there the more popular they will become in time, even with the younger crowd.
 
Triumph has made a nice business out of the Bonneville for 14 years now ( longer than the original T120, btw) and did it with modest upgrades, paints and variant models. Honda has some deep pockets, and may just do the same thing with the
CB 1100 over the years. It's a heritage bike, not a volume model, and despite it's modest sales success, has an intense following (like this forum) and impressive response from the public at large. I'd bet on it's survival. But I'm a crappy gambler!
 
VTR1000F_imp said:
I would love a modern CBX 6 cyl. That would be so sweet in a DLX chassis...
Agreed. Now who's gonna pay $18-20k for a 6 cyl, retro standard? I image it would be a small, wealthier sub-set of the same folks who bought the CB1100.
 
jodyz_imp said:
VTR1000F_imp said:
I would love a modern CBX 6 cyl. That would be so sweet in a DLX chassis...
Agreed. Now who's gonna pay $18-20k for a 6 cyl, retro standard? I image it would be a small, wealthier sub-set of the same folks who bought the CB1100.
Agreed. Now who's gonna pay $18-20k for a 6 cyl, retro standard? I image it would be a small, wealthier sub-set of the same folks who bought the CB1100.
But, what if it were only $13K ? or approx 25% more than a base CB 1100 for 2 more cyclinders?

Of course it would be a niche bike like the CB 1100.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol...I don't care what they do to it next year, I'm totally ecstatic with my 14 DLX and expect it to be in my garage for a very long time. Won't be buying a 15 CB 1100.

I'm not really sure what they could do to improve on the 14 DLX. Maybe make it even more retro with paint, spokes and 4 into 4 pipes?

Now if they made a 15 CBX 6 cyl, I'd have to do some hard thinking about selling the ST and adding one to the garage to go with the 14 DLX.
You were in love with your 2013 and yet you dumped her for the new cute blond so fast she didn't know what hit her. Poor girl.:P
 
I have wondered about an LTD/Custom/'Low Slinger'/Special version with a 16/15" rear tire, tear drop tank and mildly pulled back or aped up handle bars. Something that recalls the mad Japanese rush into 'cruiserizing' their in-line fours, triples and twins in that period before Yamaha finally broke the unspoken 'tandem V twin barrier' with the Virago.
The modern cruiser crowd would probably never buy a cruiser-ized CB1100 though.. it just won't have 'that look'.
 
Rboe_imp said:
I hope not. I got suckered into that look. Best not be spoken of. :angel:
Slightly off topic, but....

in 1978 I wanted a green XS650 standard, the dealer didn't have one. This was going to be my first new bike and I was so disappointed. Just before I walked out the door I pointed to an XS650 Special and asked "OK, how much is THAT" ?
I rode out with it. I was hooked on that look after 1 mile of riding (reading too many chopper magazines as a teen, I guess)..

I loved that thing ! Looking at my reflection in the back of the front turn signal holding on to those pull back bars.. oops, should this be in the 'true confessions' section ?
 
Interesting thoughts here. Honda is showing a tendency toward build a "family" of bikes around an engine/chassis. The F6B, CTX1300 and others are good examples. Maybe a semi-faired tourer and/or a streetfighter are possibilities.
 
I fervently hope they never go down that cruiserish inline 4-cyl. look again. I just hate it, always have. Makes a bike look like it's sagging in the middle like the frame broke or something. I suppose they were chasing market share at the time, but I thought it ruined the looks (and function) of a lot of perfectly good standards. The Japanese have plenty of heritage to draw on, but that custom look is one I hope never resurfaces. My apologies to you guys who are fans of that look.

I do like DAC's idea about a semi-faired (frame mounted) tourer , preferably with factory hard bags that can be removed. And why not shaft drive? A lot of the Japanese standards offered shaft drive back in the day. I would definitely tour on a CB1100 set up like that. It's already got a perfect motor for touring.
 
I'm so happy with my '14 pearl blue standard model and all its features that I would be very hard pressed to want a '15, '16, whatever, no matter what they might come out with.
It would really have to be over the top for me to consider something else - but I never say never :D
 
Back
Top