2014 vs 2017 mpg

DaSwami_imp

Been there
Thread starter
I read a review where the writer raved about the 2017 EX but lamented that it "drinks the gas".

My old 2014, with my big carcass on it, got 45-47 mog

I read that the BMW R Nine T models made Euro 4 compliant lost a few mpg. I know the 2017 EX is Euro 4 compliant also.

Can anyone, especially those that have owned both models, comment on your actual calculated mpg on the 2017 EX?

Thanks!!!
 
Can't help you with the 2017, but here are some stats on my 2014 standard:

52 MPG and 59 MPG
Oatman

51 MPG
Death Valley

54 / 50 / 49 MPG
Break-in MPG

Trip to Jacob Lake was 465 miles at 47.2 MPG (lots of higher speeds)

If I only run errands around town, I can get as low as 44 MPG.
 
Thread starter
Thank you sir, given that you are 100 pounds less than me, those numbers make sense. Amazing fuel efficiency for a big I-4 motor! I'm guessing it has "active fuel management"?
 
DaSwami_imp said:
Thank you sir, given that you are 100 pounds less than me, those numbers make sense. Amazing fuel efficiency for a big I-4 motor! I'm guessing it has "active fuel management"?
But I do like to accelerate!

Interesting that MPG is not much different from my 744cc Moto Guzzi V7II.
Do miss that 5.8 gallon tank.
 
I purchased a new 2017 CB1100EX in March of this year.

The first few tanks of gas it got 48 to 50 mpg. It now has just over 3600 miles, and the last several tanks it has been getting 53 to 56 mpg. I burn regular unleaded 87 octane.

I ride it the same way I rode my previous bike, a 2014 Moto Guzzi V7 750cc bike, and the V7 always averaged around 50 to 53 mpg.

I weigh 170 lbs.
 
I had a standard 14 and have a 17ex, same for both, 42-44
around town and maybe 46-48 hiway,,, I never get or got anything
consistent in the 50s
 
Here is the mpg on the current tank of gas...

8ac3068f0343701a8dc0ca89a569a901.jpg


And here is the average mpg over 3666 miles since new...

555cff123b96671765e504481aaafde8.jpg


The CB1100EX trip computer is very accurate, but the fuel gauge bars are worthless, it shows a full tank until less than half a tank left and then drops like a stone.
 
CBRider, yours are easily the clearest, most perfect pictures of the digital display I've ever seen. The plastic screen there looks newer than new—literally, since most new ones on showroom floors have scratched-up displays. Yours seems absolutely flawless.

Anyhoo, I used to average between 44-46 mpg on my '17 EX, but lately it's bumped up into the low 50s.
 
Same with my 2013 CB.
Winter a bit more, summer less.
Averagely 50,4mpg over a distance of
45.000km.

Wisedrum
 
2013 ABS/190 lbs: 5 l/100 km (~ 47 mpg).
Curious, though, I've had more or less the same mileage on every Honda I've ridden, except the CB1300.
 
alprider_imp said:
DLX / 2017model

3.9l - 4.2l /100km...but we have low max speedlimits too....smile
or just

1.03 - 1.1gal for 62.13miles

but if you finde a 2miles streetsegment without any speedcuter like streetsigns/curves/radar in my whole littel country so you can be super happy and a lot traffic we have so or so all around

if you can 37-41miles far driving in 1 hour so can you be very satisfied (except highways :maybe 55-65)
 
That's why so many Austrian and Swiss plates can be seen on German autobahns. Alprider, you should do the same from time to time :biker:
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for the data. Looks like I have no reason to fear that the motor on the 2017 does not perform like the 2014 in both power and mpg!!
 
tuareg_imp said:
That's why so many Austrian and Swiss plates can be seen on German autobahns. Alprider, you should do the same from time to time :biker:
what should i do of boring highways solong i dont need to cross the half country in a good time ?
in case for germany territory : i have the black forest in front of noze with a lot small curvy some hilly most trafficless phats....a paradise for a comfy pleasant dayloop
 
alprider_imp said:
tuareg_imp said:
That's why so many Austrian and Swiss plates can be seen on German autobahns. Alprider, you should do the same from time to time :biker:
what should i do of boring highways solong i dont need to cross the half country in a good time ?
in case for germany territory : i have the black forest in front of noze with a lot small curvy some hilly most trafficless phats....a paradise for a comfy pleasant dayloop
what should i do of boring highways solong i dont need to cross the half country in a good time ?
in case for germany territory : i have the black forest in front of noze with a lot small curvy some hilly most trafficless phats....a paradise for a comfy pleasant dayloop Who says autobahns are boring, with all those eighteen wheelers racing with each other? :rofl:
Anyway, I agree about Black Forest roads. Where are you situated exactly?
 
Back
Top