2014 Vin numbers

Ivan_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello this is Ivan from Columbus Ohio. I have a 2014 CB1100 with the vin ending in the number1945. Can anyone tell me if that means it is# 1945 produced in 2014 or is it #945? Thanks.
 
That is correct both for cars and motorcycles. The last six numbers are the sequential vehicle production numbers.

Ivan, assuming there's two zeros in front of your "1945", your bike is the 1,945th produced on the line for that model year.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
That is correct both for cars and motorcycles. The last six numbers are the sequential vehicle production numbers.

Ivan, assuming there's two zeros in front of your "1945", your bike is the 1,945th produced on the line for that model year.
Keep in mind that VINs are also regional and model specific, which is why a U.S. and a European model can have the same last 6 digits, as can a standard and a DLX.

It's safe to say that if your last digits are 1945, it is the 1,945th U.S. 2014 Standard (or DLX, as the case may be).
 
I got mine last April and have 5k miles on it. It's a great all around bike - with a beautiful retro look - exactly what I was looking for.
 
G'day Ivan,

Am I right that this is your second CB1100? Do you still have the 2013 bike?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
G'day Ivan,

Am I right that this is your second CB1100? Do you still have the 2013 bike?
Actually I sold the 2013 last summer and purchased a black 2014 last July.
 
Back
Top