2014 Standard seat

johan_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I'm new here, having just picked up a leftover but brand new 2014.
I passed on the '17 because of the looks of the '14 (and the massively reduced price, of course). I've seen many threads about custom seats and '13-'14 seat swaps but I've not seen the answer to these (hopefully not too stupid) two questions: does the 2014 DLX seat fit on the 2014 Standard? And am I correct in assuming that the part number for a 2014 DLX seat is 77200-MGC-N21ZA?
Would I regret changing seats with a different OEM seat? The only reason I would do this is because the way the DLX seat looks. I use the bike mainly for a 32mile/day commute, with an occasional 100-300 mile daytrip.
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum. I would think there would be no issue putting a 14 dlx seat on a 14 std, but maybe someone here has tried it and can tell you for sure.
 
We tried a 2014 std seat (rib-less) on our 2018 EX. It fitted but we preferred the style of the original in the end. Part number for the rib-less seat was 77200-MGC-D31ZA.
I think this proves the interchangeable nature. The only issue I foresee is with aftermarket racks and panniers etc?
Hope this helps
 
Thread starter
Well, I just ordered the seat from Babbitts.
I'll let you know how it turns out later this month.
 
The seat I really want to look into is the 2017 RS seat but with the redesigned tank on the 2017 don’t know about the gap at the from edge of the seat.
 
Thread starter
So, here is the follow-up;
When I initially installed the new seat, I had to use some force to get it to latch into place. Also, to remove it I had to pull quite a bit harder on the release behind the helmet holder. This "stiffness" went away very quickly and latching/unlatching feels now the same as with the original seat.
I don't notice any difference in height when my feet are on the ground (I'm 6' 0").

Darn, I wish I could just transplant the ABS too.

Here are some pics;

Original '14 Standard



'14 Standard with '14 Deluxe seat
[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/mmdgn5547/media/IMG_3446_zpsircufvmv.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/mmdgn5547/media/IMG_3447_zpsxa58dscl.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/mmdgn5547/media/IMG_3448_zpsrufnfrwu.jpg.html]


'14 Standard with '14 Deluxe seat, CB500F mirrors,
Givi SR1118 rack and SW-MOTECH crash bars
[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/mmdgn5547/media/IMG_3528_zpsdbpzfb2w.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/mmdgn5547/media/IMG_3527_zpsliftvarh.jpg.html]
[url=http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/mmdgn5547/media/IMG_3526_zpsngf0thj0.jpg.html]
 
Looks really good, but for Pete's sake (whoever Pete is?) get some RLETs on that thing!
 
The ferret_imp said:
Looks really good, but for Pete's sake (whoever Pete is?) get some RLETs on that thing!
If RLETS are added, may the fuel tank warning sticker be removed?!
 
It does look good, but I found the seat lacking in comfort. I went aftermarket, not only was it more comfortable, but I think it looked better too. My opinion only.
 
LikeAfox_imp said:
Is it taller than stock seat?
I had 1/2 inch extra foam added, but never measured it. It doesn't collapse while riding like the stock and the position is a bit further back, so I fit better, but not sure if it's taller? Maybe a little. It's a Corbin.
 
johan_imp said:
I'm new here, having just picked up a leftover but brand new 2014.
I passed on the '17 because of the looks of the '14 (and the massively reduced price, of course). I've seen many threads about custom seats and '13-'14 seat swaps but I've not seen the answer to these (hopefully not too stupid) two questions: does the 2014 DLX seat fit on the 2014 Standard? And am I correct in assuming that the part number for a 2014 DLX seat is 77200-MGC-N21ZA?
Would I regret changing seats with a different OEM seat? The only reason I would do this is because the way the DLX seat looks. I use the bike mainly for a 32mile/day commute, with an occasional 100-300 mile daytrip.
Can someone confirm the part number for the 2014 deluxe seat and additional part numbers to install on a 2013.

Thanks
 
Back
Top