2014 Standard ?80s Retro Look

Stichill

Road warrior
Thread starter
One of the members here took a black 2014 standard and made it into a retro ‘80s-style bike. I cannot remember who that was. I think I remember that they might have had an accident with it but I’m fuzzy on details.

Anyway, I was thinking about what a cool build it is/was and would like to find some pictures and info about it.
 
It was Powerdubs (Josh). I believe he put his bike up for sale after his accident. The customization he did on that bike was incredible.
 
Hey Stichill, they have a real clean 2013 for sale up at Cadre Cycles in Blue Ash
 
I can’t find the pictures of Josh’s bike, but there are some of misterprofessionality’s http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13244&pid=222522#pid222522

Powerdubs’ bike
f24448a61f9397aa02ba4aae86387dbf.jpg


From http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12744&pid=207468#pid207468
 
Anyone hear from PowerDubs lately? His camshaft thread just kinda died. Never heard the results of his dyno run, if it ever happened. Hope he's alright and recovered as much as possible.
 
He checks in a lot, including this morning at 10:57, but his last post was Oct 2018
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
It was Powerdubs (Josh). I believe he put his bike up for sale after his accident. The customization he did on that bike was incredible.
Yes, Powerdubs! His bike was so cool!

The ferret_imp said:
Hey Stichill, they have a real clean 2013 for sale up at Cadre Cycles in Blue Ash
Wow, cool. So many bikes, so little disposable liquidity. I need to get my F800GT sold and then maybe I can think about shopping for a CB1100! :)

Cormanus_imp said:
I can’t find the pictures of Josh’s bike, but there are some of misterprofessionality’s http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13244&pid=222522#pid222522

Powerdubs’ bike
f24448a61f9397aa02ba4aae86387dbf.jpg


From http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12744&pid=207468#pid207468
Oh yeah, there it is! Thanks, Cormanus!

spartanheed_imp said:

Another one! Thanks, spartanheed!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
Definitely got it going on with the tail treatment and the turn signals! Are you going for a 750 Nighthawk look? What else else are you planning?
 
Stichill_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
It was Powerdubs (Josh). I believe he put his bike up for sale after his accident. The customization he did on that bike was incredible.
Yes, Powerdubs! His bike was so cool!

The ferret_imp said:
Hey Stichill, they have a real clean 2013 for sale up at Cadre Cycles in Blue Ash
Wow, cool. So many bikes, so little disposable liquidity. I need to get my F800GT sold and then maybe I can think about shopping for a CB1100! :)

Cormanus_imp said:
I can’t find the pictures of Josh’s bike, but there are some of misterprofessionality’s http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13244&pid=222522#pid222522

Powerdubs’ bike
f24448a61f9397aa02ba4aae86387dbf.jpg


From http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12744&pid=207468#pid207468
Oh yeah, there it is! Thanks, Cormanus!

spartanheed_imp said:

Another one! Thanks, spartanheed!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
Definitely got it going on with the tail treatment and the turn signals! Are you going for a 750 Nighthawk look? What else else are you planning?

not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:

 
Guth: Yup, I can definitely identify in what you show.

Arguably, if you squint hard enough (be careful now), it almost looks like and early 80's Yamaha Seca - maybe 650 sans the dove tail, but that would still fit right into the theme. Of course, there is the shaft drive thang too.

Here is a custom cafe styled '82 Seca 650:



... and something more vanilla:

 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
It was Powerdubs (Josh). I believe he put his bike up for sale after his accident. The customization he did on that bike was incredible.
Yes, Powerdubs! His bike was so cool!

The ferret_imp said:
Hey Stichill, they have a real clean 2013 for sale up at Cadre Cycles in Blue Ash
Wow, cool. So many bikes, so little disposable liquidity. I need to get my F800GT sold and then maybe I can think about shopping for a CB1100! :)

Cormanus_imp said:
I can’t find the pictures of Josh’s bike, but there are some of misterprofessionality’s http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13244&pid=222522#pid222522

Powerdubs’ bike
f24448a61f9397aa02ba4aae86387dbf.jpg


From http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12744&pid=207468#pid207468
Oh yeah, there it is! Thanks, Cormanus!

spartanheed_imp said:

Another one! Thanks, spartanheed!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
Definitely got it going on with the tail treatment and the turn signals! Are you going for a 750 Nighthawk look? What else else are you planning?

not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:



not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:


Gotta be black. The silver was already done on a modern re-release

 
spartanheed_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
It was Powerdubs (Josh). I believe he put his bike up for sale after his accident. The customization he did on that bike was incredible.
Yes, Powerdubs! His bike was so cool!

The ferret_imp said:
Hey Stichill, they have a real clean 2013 for sale up at Cadre Cycles in Blue Ash
Wow, cool. So many bikes, so little disposable liquidity. I need to get my F800GT sold and then maybe I can think about shopping for a CB1100! :)

Cormanus_imp said:
I can’t find the pictures of Josh’s bike, but there are some of misterprofessionality’s http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13244&pid=222522#pid222522

Powerdubs’ bike
f24448a61f9397aa02ba4aae86387dbf.jpg


From http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12744&pid=207468#pid207468
Oh yeah, there it is! Thanks, Cormanus!

spartanheed_imp said:

Another one! Thanks, spartanheed!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
Definitely got it going on with the tail treatment and the turn signals! Are you going for a 750 Nighthawk look? What else else are you planning?

not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:



not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:


Gotta be black. The silver was already done on a modern re-release



not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:


Gotta be black. The silver was already done on a modern re-release


Love that bike! Canada only?

The “duck tail” tail available for the CB1100 IMO is too long.
 
PAULIBIKER_imp said:
spartanheed_imp said:
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Stichill_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
It was Powerdubs (Josh). I believe he put his bike up for sale after his accident. The customization he did on that bike was incredible.
Yes, Powerdubs! His bike was so cool!

The ferret_imp said:
Hey Stichill, they have a real clean 2013 for sale up at Cadre Cycles in Blue Ash
Wow, cool. So many bikes, so little disposable liquidity. I need to get my F800GT sold and then maybe I can think about shopping for a CB1100! :)

Cormanus_imp said:
I can’t find the pictures of Josh’s bike, but there are some of misterprofessionality’s http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13244&pid=222522#pid222522

Powerdubs’ bike
f24448a61f9397aa02ba4aae86387dbf.jpg


From http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12744&pid=207468#pid207468
Oh yeah, there it is! Thanks, Cormanus!

spartanheed_imp said:

Another one! Thanks, spartanheed!

misterprofessionality_imp said:
Definitely got it going on with the tail treatment and the turn signals! Are you going for a 750 Nighthawk look? What else else are you planning?

not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:



not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:


Gotta be black. The silver was already done on a modern re-release



not the nighthawk. more pre-nighthawk. this is my muse:



What's next is actually a performance mod, so not much 80's flare. but the next aesthetic mod after that will be a paint job matching the one in the picture, along with a custom front fender to reproduce the shape and style of the one in the picture above.

acutally. i'm lying, i can't decide between the 750F paint job and the 900F paint job like so:


Gotta be black. The silver was already done on a modern re-release


Love that bike! Canada only?

The “duck tail” tail available for the CB1100 IMO is too long.

you know, i thought the same thing, but the MIZ tail is actually not too long, it's too narrow. the original was so much higher and thicker that it didn't look like such a long thing. also the seat was much taller in the back. these things change the dimensions in relation to one another.
 
Back
Top