2014 Seat Fit 2013?

736cc_imp

Been there
Thread starter
The 2013 seat is not my favorite seat. The 2014 looks better padded, does it bolt-on to a 2013? And can anybody compare the comfort of the 2?
 
I've owned both, to me the 14 sits a little higher, is a little wider, looks better, but isn't much more comfortable.
 
The ferret_imp said:
I've owned both, to me the 14 sits a little higher, is a little wider, looks better, but isn't much more comfortable.
Hi Ferret, had a chuckle at your comment on seat comfort. I'm curious-have you upgraded your seat? and if so what seat (aftermarket) did you put on your 2014dlx?
Thanks
 
None, the stock seats really don't bother me comfort wise, and I rode both 13 and 14 on multi day, multi thousand, multi state trips in the saddle up to 9 hours a day. To answer the OPs original question, I just didn't find one more comfortable than the other. Neither was what I would call "all day comfortable", but I don't find them the torture racks that some do. I remember one member reporting he could only go 25 miles before needing to get off, others 50 miles before complaining. I can easily run a full tank of gas (200 miles) without squirming, stop and refill, climb right back on and do it again.

In 50 years I have never had a custom seat on any of my bikes. wait, not exactly true, I did have the seat on my ST 1300 lowered an inch and the seat guy said he put long distance foam in, but I really couldn't tell much difference comfort wise. Year before last I rode it 5500 miles in 11 days in a run from Ohio to California (to stick my toe in the Pacific Ocean.. which I did at Monterey Beach) and then turned around and rode back home. I think the longest day was close to 700 miles. Approx 14 hours in the saddle. In 1977 I rode a Kawasaki KZ1000 from Cape Canaveral, Fla to Ohio straight thru, 972 miles in a little over 17 hours double up with my wife.

Tough tush I guess.
 
The ferret_imp said:
None, the stock seats really don't bother me comfort wise, and I rode both 13 and 14 on multi day, multi thousand, multi state trips in the saddle up to 9 hours a day. To answer the OPs original question, I just didn't find one more comfortable than the other. Neither was what I would call "all day comfortable", but I don't find them the torture racks that some do. I remember one member reporting he could only go 25 miles before needing to get off, others 50 miles before complaining. I can easily run a full tank of gas (200 miles) without squirming, stop and refill, climb right back on and do it again.

In 50 years I have never had a custom seat on any of my bikes. wait, not exactly true, I did have the seat on my ST 1300 lowered an inch and the seat guy said he put long distance foam in, but I really couldn't tell much difference comfort wise. Year before last I rode it 5500 miles in 11 days in a run from Ohio to California (to stick my toe in the Pacific Ocean.. which I did at Monterey Beach) and then turned around and rode back home. I think the longest day was close to 700 miles. Approx 14 hours in the saddle. In 1977 I rode a Kawasaki KZ1000 from Cape Canaveral, Fla to Ohio straight thru, 972 miles in a little over 17 hours double up with my wife.

Tough tush I guess.
Yes, you are a real Hard A** :D
 
Well, can't tell about the 2014, but don't have issues with the 2013 seat. Eastern I did an iron butt ride, which was actually 1,700 km in 20 hours without problems. One can do this on a CB. :D
 
The ferret_imp said:
None, the stock seats really don't bother me comfort wise, and I rode both 13 and 14 on multi day, multi thousand, multi state trips in the saddle up to 9 hours a day. To answer the OPs original question, I just didn't find one more comfortable than the other. Neither was what I would call "all day comfortable", but I don't find them the torture racks that some do. I remember one member reporting he could only go 25 miles before needing to get off, others 50 miles before complaining. I can easily run a full tank of gas (200 miles) without squirming, stop and refill, climb right back on and do it again.

In 50 years I have never had a custom seat on any of my bikes. wait, not exactly true, I did have the seat on my ST 1300 lowered an inch and the seat guy said he put long distance foam in, but I really couldn't tell much difference comfort wise. Year before last I rode it 5500 miles in 11 days in a run from Ohio to California (to stick my toe in the Pacific Ocean.. which I did at Monterey Beach) and then turned around and rode back home. I think the longest day was close to 700 miles. Approx 14 hours in the saddle. In 1977 I rode a Kawasaki KZ1000 from Cape Canaveral, Fla to Ohio straight thru, 972 miles in a little over 17 hours double up with my wife.

Tough tush I guess.
thanks for that Ferret.. you are hard core!! only in my dreams could I put that kind of mileage on (in the stock saddle at least..Lol).
 
The ferret_imp said:
None, the stock seats really don't bother me comfort wise, and I rode both 13 and 14 on multi day, multi thousand, multi state trips in the saddle up to 9 hours a day. To answer the OPs original question, I just didn't find one more comfortable than the other. Neither was what I would call "all day comfortable", but I don't find them the torture racks that some do. I remember one member reporting he could only go 25 miles before needing to get off, others 50 miles before complaining. I can easily run a full tank of gas (200 miles) without squirming, stop and refill, climb right back on and do it again.

In 50 years I have never had a custom seat on any of my bikes. wait, not exactly true, I did have the seat on my ST 1300 lowered an inch and the seat guy said he put long distance foam in, but I really couldn't tell much difference comfort wise. Year before last I rode it 5500 miles in 11 days in a run from Ohio to California (to stick my toe in the Pacific Ocean.. which I did at Monterey Beach) and then turned around and rode back home. I think the longest day was close to 700 miles. Approx 14 hours in the saddle. In 1977 I rode a Kawasaki KZ1000 from Cape Canaveral, Fla to Ohio straight thru, 972 miles in a little over 17 hours double up with my wife.

Tough tush I guess.
Exactly! I never had a complaint about the seat until I started exceeding 400 miles a day. For 1/2 day rides or even 3/4 day rides, it was just fine.
 
Back
Top