2014 Metric European Speedo

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
Need to know if any metric, most European speedo, looks like this pic - colour wise:

* speedo face and speedo needle without miles, kms only
* speedo face and speedo needle with kms outside (bigger) and miles inside (smaller)

To me the speedo face is not totally black... but kind of greenish/black mix ??

Thanks to all who respond.

9c418cddc9e41baef496dd090f58e7e2.jpg
 
My 2017MY EX looks like this but grey facia, it is a UK market style speedo. They dropped this green look for the 2017MY and on I think?

speedo face and speedo needle with kms outside (bigger) and miles inside (smaller) - these are very much less common now, the EU don't like the Brits anymore and see no reason why a European rider would want those horrible "miles"!
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
Peter is that your green one in the pic? If so- want to get rid of it?
Josh, it is not really green like the old CBs from 70/80's but it has some green influence or perhaps grey but for sure not totally black.
At this moment is not for sale, as I do not have replacement for it yet....
If something crystallize, you might be the first to be notified.
Is your recovery 100% completed??
:beerchug:
 
Thread starter
tod.branko_imp said:
Yup, mine has that greenish background, but the hand and the numbers are different, it's full metric

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Tod, very good news = pic please, speedo and tach from a close range
 
peterbaron_imp said:
tod.branko_imp said:
Yup, mine has that greenish background, but the hand and the numbers are different, it's full metric

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
Tod, very good news = pic please, speedo and tach from a close range
Tod, very good news = pic please, speedo and tach from a close range Sorry about the flashes, there is not enough light in my garage this time of day, if you like I'll take a pic in the evening again when I come back from work
582fea48056ad0f8e829ae7bcb18f971.jpg
186264a7d5e76d09473c3f6896d0c8bc.jpg
b1f87a2413154b700ed5796df86d6147.jpg


'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
Tod, great help, looks like greenish/grey = identical face plate.
Do you have electrical diagram for your cluster, I am asking 'cos in North American terms you have the 2013 cluster, which differs from our 2014 model...it might be just the look, don't know ???
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Tod, great help, looks like greenish/grey = identical face plate.
Do you have electrical diagram for your cluster, I am asking 'cos in North American terms you have the 2013 cluster, which differs from our 2014 model...it might be just the look, don't know ???
Sorry, I don't have the original manuals, my bike is a Japanese spec bike bought from an auction. I only have the 2013-2016 manual that, I suppose, everyone here has. Wish I could be of more help.

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
They’re the 2010-2013 dials for full metric countries. The wiring diagram should be in the service manual or there’s a link to it here, http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=13353
Thanks, it's bit complicated in case of Tod's Japanese 2014/5-speed, as I think if my memory is correct, it may have different diagram for the cluster but haven't verified it yet.
His/Japanese 2014 may equel a North American 2013 model?
I have all service manuals from 2013-17 and CDs + pdf
:beerchug:
 
Is tod’s bike 5 speed? If so, irrespective of what year is assigned, I’d bet it’s basically 2010-2013 specced.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Is tod’s bike 5 speed? If so, irrespective of what year is assigned, I’d bet it’s basically 2010-2013 specced.
>>>
tod.branko_imp said:
Yup, mine has that greenish background, but the hand and the numbers are different, it's full metric

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
<<<
 
Thank you Au₂O₃. See my post #17.
 
Back
Top