2014 DLX Accessories

kzoorue_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Planning to begin to use my bike for more touring. Considering a rear rack and top box along with saddlebag options. I know of the Webike and Samurider sites, both of which have many accessories.

Since my 2014 DLX (USA) is somewhat more rare, wondering about fitment when considering accessories. I believe my bikes complete model no. is CB 1100 SAE.

Does anyone have knowledge/experience/suggestions for me? Thanks!
 
kzoorue_imp said:
Planning to begin to use my bike for more touring. Considering a rear rack and top box along with saddlebag options. I know of the Webike and Samurider sites, both of which have many accessories.

Since my 2014 DLX (USA) is somewhat more rare, wondering about fitment when considering accessories. I believe my bikes complete model no. is CB 1100 SAE.

Does anyone have knowledge/experience/suggestions for me? Thanks!
I'm interested in this topic as well.
 
Use the Forum "Search" feature. This forum is FULL of discussions and advice on luggage and other accessories to make touring easier. Do the research, it's fun.
 
I had the same questions when I just bought my DLX and I already had a standard. Two things I did find out were the rear rack that I had bought from Samurider that was supposedly for standard only did in fact fit the DLX. So did the K&H High seat again supposedly just for the standard. Interestingly though the DLX oem seat does not fit the standard, go figure.

I know this doesn't really answer your question but hopefully it helps somebody.
 
I opted to go w./ side cases as my primary carrier. I wanted
to retain the stock UJM naked look as much as possible.
These side cases are made by Givi : 22L / side
9410c14e84f06d9d00fc564a1d2929bb.jpg

I chose these slim boxes so I can split lanes
93558714b685e697815a1f7e688bf3f1.jpg

and they don't interfere w/ passenger leg ergonomics, & clears exhaust heat
5da8627139fc2d547ad423618be4a134.jpg

the side racks/carriers are SW Motech brand
133c1177cbd5f9d66d79e22a88fdf48c.jpg

they install using quick release dzus fasteners
6bd3de7645068f564abbb3f7b0bed48b.jpg
 
Those look real nice. I have a lot of questions about the SW Motec brackets. Are they listed for the CB1100 and the Givi side cases specifically, or are they a generic set that just happens to fit? Did you have to do any modifications to the brackets or are they just bolt-on? What model number are the brackets? What did you use to re-locate your turn signals? Thanks.
 
I use the SW Motech PRO pannier racks and they are very well built and convenient. On and off the bike in seconds and they are lockable to the bike. This was important to me because I think pannier racks ruin some of the soul of the machine, unless you are touring or doing the daily commute - in which case you may care less.
 
I have SW Motech EVO carrier which are of an excellent quality...but unfortunately these are no longer available for the CB1100.
 
jedd_imp said:
I opted to go w./ side cases as my primary carrier. I wanted
to retain the stock UJM naked look as much as possible.
These side cases are made by Givi : 22L / side
9410c14e84f06d9d00fc564a1d2929bb.jpg

I chose these slim boxes so I can split lanes
93558714b685e697815a1f7e688bf3f1.jpg

and they don't interfere w/ passenger leg ergonomics, & clears exhaust heat
5da8627139fc2d547ad423618be4a134.jpg

the side racks/carriers are SW Motech brand
133c1177cbd5f9d66d79e22a88fdf48c.jpg

they install using quick release dzus fasteners
6bd3de7645068f564abbb3f7b0bed48b.jpg
That looks great jedd. Good call.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I use the SW Motech PRO pannier racks and they are very well built and convenient. On and off the bike in seconds and they are lockable to the bike. This was important to me because I think pannier racks ruin some of the soul of the machine, unless you are touring or doing the daily commute - in which case you may care less.
:thanks::thumbsup:
 
Back
Top