2014 CB1100 ?

I hope that the 2014 will come to the USA with a silver engine,I would absolute buy one as soon as they come out.
A bigger tank will also be useful ,I do not know if I need a 6th gear but will take it!
The 4 in to 2 pipes look great and the wheels with spokes probably will be fine as long as it takes tubeless tires,I am certain that it will.
We will get more aftermarket parts for these bikes if they come out again in 2014 and also more forum members.
This forum is probably the nicest one in my opinion with very similar BASIC tastes in motorcycles.
 
Got tired of waiting for a new color. Bought one off the floor from Bob's House of Honda in Jackson TN. Great deal at $9350. Took the money I saved and have the tank, front fender, side covers and the Chic Design Front cowling Road comet from Samurider in Japan all being painted Glint Wave Metallic Blue with 3 coats of clear coat. This is the same as the Goldwing blue. Should look awesome. Headers are at NITRO PLATE in Nashville for a silk black ceramic coat process and my Staintune pipe from Australia arrived yesterday along with the OEM Honda luggage rack. Seat is at Seth Laam in California and when this beast goes back together it should look unique to say the least. I am new to this site and my other bike is the F6B but I really wanted something for around town that makes a statement. What I was looking for was the retro chrome look at the back which transitioned to something more modern at the front. Will take some pictures to post when the project is completed sometime around Feb 1st.
One last comment, having owned a couple of the early 750's and now this CB1100 this machine is not for everybody....but for those who "get it" no explanation is necessary.
Take care my friends and ride safe.
Michael Neal
East Texas
 
DAC_imp said:
Stuff from Honda coming out one by one. New Valkarie out this week. New VFR (Europe only).
You're joking. Are we talking the gundam-sized vfr-1200 or are we talking a smaller (properly) displaced vfr? I was really hoping that announcement was for the USA and not just Europe :@

EDIT: here's a link for anyone interested. Looks like it's not confirmed whether it's europe only or not, STOP MISINFORMATION!

Honda Trots Out New VFR800F: 22 Pounds Lighter and More Power « MotorcycleDaily.com – Motorcycle News, Editorials, Product Reviews and Bike Reviews
 
mike neal_imp said:
Got tired of waiting for a new color. Bought one off the floor from Bob's House of Honda in Jackson TN. Great deal at $9350. Took the money I saved and have the tank, front fender, side covers and the Chic Design Front cowling Road comet from Samurider in Japan all being painted Glint Wave Metallic Blue with 3 coats of clear coat. This is the same as the Goldwing blue. Should look awesome. Headers are at NITRO PLATE in Nashville for a silk black ceramic coat process and my Staintune pipe from Australia arrived yesterday along with the OEM Honda luggage rack. Seat is at Seth Laam in California and when this beast goes back together it should look unique to say the least. I am new to this site and my other bike is the F6B but I really wanted something for around town that makes a statement. What I was looking for was the retro chrome look at the back which transitioned to something more modern at the front. Will take some pictures to post when the project is completed sometime around Feb 1st.
One last comment, having owned a couple of the early 750's and now this CB1100 this machine is not for everybody....but for those who "get it" no explanation is necessary.
Take care my friends and ride safe.
Michael Neal
East Texas
Mike - you don't mess around!

Looking forward to the pictures!
 
VFR Looks great, then I saw the seat and pegs. I'd look like a grasshopper all folded up. Damn.

Snowcrash; very very keen on seeing pics of your completed project. :worship:
 
mike neal_imp said:
Got tired of waiting for a new color. Bought one off the floor from Bob's House of Honda in Jackson TN. Great deal at $9350. Took the money I saved and have the tank, front fender, side covers and the Chic Design Front cowling Road comet from Samurider in Japan all being painted Glint Wave Metallic Blue with 3 coats of clear coat. This is the same as the Goldwing blue. Should look awesome. Headers are at NITRO PLATE in Nashville for a silk black ceramic coat process and my Staintune pipe from Australia arrived yesterday along with the OEM Honda luggage rack. Seat is at Seth Laam in California and when this beast goes back together it should look unique to say the least. I am new to this site and my other bike is the F6B but I really wanted something for around town that makes a statement. What I was looking for was the retro chrome look at the back which transitioned to something more modern at the front. Will take some pictures to post when the project is completed sometime around Feb 1st.
One last comment, having owned a couple of the early 750's and now this CB1100 this machine is not for everybody....but for those who "get it" no explanation is necessary.
Take care my friends and ride safe.
Michael Neal
East Texas
Mike, welcome to the forum. I am excited about seeing your bike when it is finished. Post pictures as soon as it's done!
 
I got tired of waiting also....I'm going to keep it the same color with matching side covers which is great for me, I love this color.....plan on changing the seat out, going to ride it 100 miles to see what I might want height wise, I've narrowed it down to a cozy and chip beck seat, leaning toward cozy....I like and want the cb500 mirrors....however my OCD will not tolerate the header pipes, wish it was double walled cause I'm OK with the chrome look, so I'm going to get it ceramic coated a satin black and leave the muffler whatever chrome, I'm keeping the performance side of things stock....going to get black engine guards.....That's 99% all I'm going to do.... getting ready to hitch up my buddies enclosed trailer and bring her home today....at first I really really wanted the EX, after comparing the two side by side on my computer I believe I will be happy with this one, If not I will have to a year down the road explain to the wife why I have two CB 1100's sitting in my garage...mike neal what color are you doing your pipes.... This place is great, I've been standing at the back of the room watching and learning from you guys since the beginning...
 
A Honda Rep at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Minneapolis told me today that, not only will the 2014 CB1100 be available in the U.S., there will be Standard and Deluxe versions. He claimed to have just gotten this news from Honda 4 or 5 days ago and that the website will be updated very soon to reflect this. Unfortunately, he didn't really have any details regarding specs/features of the alleged Standard vs. Deluxe versions. He also said that he's not aware of any CB1100EX units coming to the U.S.

All of this sounded like crazy-talk to me so please take it with a grain of salt. Maybe the guy hadn't taken his meds today. We'll see.
 
Barkingshins_imp said:
A Honda Rep at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Minneapolis told me today that, not only will the 2014 CB1100 be available in the U.S., there will be Standard and Deluxe versions. He claimed to have just gotten this news from Honda 4 or 5 days ago and that the website will be updated very soon to reflect this. Unfortunately, he didn't really have any details regarding specs/features of the alleged Standard vs. Deluxe versions. He also said that he's not aware of any CB1100EX units coming to the U.S.

All of this sounded like crazy-talk to me so please take it with a grain of salt. Maybe the guy hadn't taken his meds today. We'll see.
My local dealer confirmed the same just two days ago. He said the Standard version will be the same as our 2013 models, and he stated the Deluxe will be the 6-speed version with the different dash (I'm guessing it also has the wire wheels and 4-into-2 pipes as shown above). He recalled seeing the colors black and red mentioned, and he believes the Standard was to be black, and the Deluxe in red.
 
So basically, for the US market, they're marketing the EX as a "Deluxe"? Awesome! I'll be plopping down a deposit as soon as this becomes official.
 
Have to have a Red, with spoke wheels, 4 into two exhaust. If this is in fact offered for 2014, I'm in. Don't care about a 6th gear, don't want a bigger tank.
 
Looks like the 2014 CB1100 DLX (Deluxe) is now available.
Dual exhaust, 6 speed, ABS, rear dic, 1140 cc, bigger tank 4.6 gallons just like my current bike, chain drive, fuel injected (no carbs), air cooled (no radiator, just like mine). Finally. Only drawback is tank shape, wish for more of a teardrop shape...
2014 Honda CB1100 - First Look
http://powersports.honda.com/docume...cation_pdf_files/2014_CB1100Deluxe_Specs_.pdf
http://powersports.honda.com/2014/cb1100/specifications.aspx drop down to DLX
Next/2nd bike reseach is done, now need to test ride!
 
Back
Top