2014 CB1100 ?

Dale' pid='18857' dateline='1384627238 said:
Great news guys! Just got this message from my Canadian dealer!

Thank you for your email in regards to the CB1100. There will be a 2014 model in limited release. It will be a Navy Blue, nice colour. We are taking deposits for the 2014 to be released in the early spring. Last year we were sold out of our only two units before they hit the showroom floor. If you like, you can put a $1000 deposit on one to hold it for you until you return. I would recommend this if you are sure this is the bike for you.


Let me know if you have any other questions, I am happy to help

And in my favourite colour too! He'll be getting my thousand bucks this coming week for a blue 2014 with abs. See you on the road next spring!
[/quote
**************************************************************************

I guess that means the U.S. info is available too!
 
I went to the Cycle World International Motorcycle show in Atlanta today. I stopped at the Honda display and asked a rep if there was going to be a 2014 model? At first he said yes, but pulled out his 2014 listing sheet to check it. He showed it to me... the bike was NOT listed. He didn't know what to say... But did tell me that the bike is selling well. I guess we'll have to stay tuned...
 
ride4now_imp said:
I went to the Cycle World International Motorcycle show in Atlanta today. I stopped at the Honda display and asked a rep if there was going to be a 2014 model? At first he said yes, but pulled out his 2014 listing sheet to check it. He showed it to me... the bike was NOT listed. He didn't know what to say... But did tell me that the bike is selling well. I guess we'll have to stay tuned...
Well, That's NOT what I wanted to hear!
 
Maybe a stipid question: Which kind of blue CB 1100? I googled for "CB 1100 blue" but did not find anything (at least not anything originally from Honda).
 
Thanks! Seems that your internet is different to mine. ;)
Nice blue color, really. (And it seems that they do not have the red CB 1100 down under.)
 
ingobohn_imp said:
Thanks! Seems that your internet is different to mine. ;)
Nice blue color, really. (And it seems that they do not have the red CB 1100 down under.)
Wow - this is confusing. Mine is a red (2010) model and I am, I believe, in Australia. There has been a very limited release of the 2013 model in that I saw one in a showroom and since then none. Honda advises that the CB1100 has now been withdrawn from sale in Australia.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
Thanks! Seems that your internet is different to mine. ;)
Nice blue color, really. (And it seems that they do not have the red CB 1100 down under.)
Wow - this is confusing. Mine is a red (2010) model and I am, I believe, in Australia. There has been a very limited release of the 2013 model in that I saw one in a showroom and since then none. Honda advises that the CB1100 has now been withdrawn from sale in Australia.
Wow - this is confusing. Mine is a red (2010) model and I am, I believe, in Australia. There has been a very limited release of the 2013 model in that I saw one in a showroom and since then none. Honda advises that the CB1100 has now been withdrawn from sale in Australia.
Seems the linked page is not up to date. When you open the link and scroll down it reads "new for 2010".
If you search the scroll bar on the left for current models the CB 1100 is no longer present. Even the "View 2012 models" button does not show a CB 1100.
 
Pterodactyl_imp said:
ingobohn_imp said:
Thanks! Seems that your internet is different to mine. ;)
Nice blue color, really. (And it seems that they do not have the red CB 1100 down under.)
Wow - this is confusing. Mine is a red (2010) model and I am, I believe, in Australia. There has been a very limited release of the 2013 model in that I saw one in a showroom and since then none. Honda advises that the CB1100 has now been withdrawn from sale in Australia.
Look around...see any Kangaroos? kookaburras? Duck billed platypuses? Anyone you know rooted for Casey Stoner If so, you are definitely in Australia! :hello:
 
Well my dealer in BC Canada just took my deposit for a 2014 Honda CB1100 in navy blue with abs. He said that they were getting two and that just today someone else put a deposit on the other one so again none will ever hit their showroom floor unless they can get more. We really pay for the privilege in Canada I tell ya! With a higher base price, freight, pdi, tax bla bla bla I'll end up paying almost 50% more than the lowest American prices I've seen!

All the information from others on this forum about the arrival of a 2014 model make for a pretty confusing picture. For what it's worth I asked the salesman about the 2014 bike in the States and he used the word "embargo" :huh:. From what party he didn't know. Again, for what it's worth with the lack of solid info so far.

Really excited to be joining the rest of you owners on the road soon!

Dale
 
Congrats on snagging a 2014! The hard part now is waiting for 4 months.

BTW, of all the colors Honda made, the dark blue one that was sold in Australia was definitely my favorite.
 
Congrats Dale! Steep price to pay for a ticket to the party. I love. My CB but would. Not have paid 50% more for it. Wow!
 
Agreed, I'm glad that I'm getting my 2013 ABS while the getting is good. I think there is only 1 or 2 abs models left in the Phoenix. Like I told the wife, I'd rather have the option to sell or trade in than not be able to get one at all. And I like the red and don't care for spokes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Spokes; typically stronger than cast (one reason adventure bikes and dirt bikes run them, excellent strength vs. weight. Having spokes does not necessarily mean tubes. E.g. My Griso has spokes and runs tubeless tires. BMW has done the same. Cleaning; my KZ550 Ltd had cast wheels and was bloody murder on my knuckles. Looks; I really spokes but like well designed cast wheels too. Now, tubes. Not fond of them for the reasons you stated.

Gotta see this bad girl in person.
 
According to the tech spec, the CB 1100 EX has so called "high shoulder rims" (I hope this is the correct translation) which might mean that it still has tubeless tires.

I really like the bigger fuel tank and the 6th gear (as over-drive for the Autobahn), I would like to have it also at my CB 1100.
But as already stated before, I preferred the CB 1100 over e.g. the Bonnie or V7 because the CB 1100 is a modern interpretation of a naked bike and not just a "me too" retro-ish rebirth of an old model.
And the new CB 1100 EX has for me a touch too much of retro style...
 
Since I bought the CB1100 and not the V7 I guess you know where I stand on those two bikes. :D

I still like the V7, but it's a smaller bike and the Griso and spoiled me for power.
 
Back
Top