2014 CB1100 ?

Oh yea..now I remember. The only Carnac bit I remember is when Carnac held up the envelope to his forehead and said..."A lariat, John Paul and Sylvester Stallone". Then he ripped off the end, blew into the envelope to open it, pulled out the paper and said " name a rope, a pope and a dope". lol

Classic
 
The ferret_imp said:
Oh yea..now I remember. The only Carnac bit I remember is when Carnac held up the envelope to his forehead and said..."A lariat, John Paul and Sylvester Stallone". Then he ripped off the end, blew into the envelope to open it, pulled out the paper and said " name a rope, a pope and a dope". lol

Classic
:clap:
 
Good riding weather is finally hitting my area. Now comes the next phase, trying to find time to ride her. :)
 
I purchased mine thursday, it was the last one my dealer had, and he could have sold another one, (I beat the guy to mine). He said he doesn't know when he will have another one, probably next year.

I don't know if he was saying he is not ordering any more, or if he is but there aren't any right now, or if he is waiting for a 2014 model. I'll ask them about it when I go back.
Capo_imp said:
Carnac the magnificent!
Good call Capo, I'm afraid I knew it too, unfortunately. Those were the days.:)
 
It appears that there will be a 2014 model.

This is a cut and paste from the Honda Powersports Website:

"For those of you who are keeping track, the 20 aforementioned new models include: 2012 NC700X, 2012 NC700X-DCT, 2013 CB1100, 2013 CBR600RR, 2013 Gold Wing F6B, 2013 CRF450R, 2013 CRF250L, 2013 CRF110F, 2013 CBR500R, 2013 CB500F, 2013 CB500X, 2013 PCX150, 2013 Metropolitan, 2014 Pioneer 700/4, 2014 CTX700, 2014 CTX700N, 2014 Pioneer 700, 2014 CRF250R, 2014 Forza and the 2014 Grom. The four new models announced here along with the Honda favorites returning for the new model year demonstrate that Honda is definitely on the move for 2014. We’ll be bringing you even more exciting news in the coming months, so keep your eyes on Honda."

Here is the link to the page:

http://powersports.honda.com/experience/articles/090111c081281a8f.aspx
 
At the San Mateo edition of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show this past weekend, the Honda show floor featured a 2013 CB1100 once again. Still a sight to behold and still a hit with the crowd. While it is no doubt a geezer pleaser, there were a significant number of 20 somethings lavishing praise on it as well. One 23 year old guy sat on it for more than his share of time and leaned forward embracing the tank while gently nestling the side of his face against it before finally hopping off.

In all, I asked four (or five?) American Honda reps individually about the word on the 2014. All confirmed its return and most expected a new color and more definitive 2014 news on the model in December.
 
I want a Grom. They had several of them in various booths at the AIM show, and they look neat as heck. And there's all kinds of trick parts for them already.

I'll "buy it for the kid" and then never let him ride it. Unfortunately they sold every one of them within a few days of arrival. Don't know if there will be another allotment before the next model year. I sure hope so.
 
Rolls_imp said:
At the San Mateo edition of the Progressive International Motorcycle Show this past weekend, the Honda show floor featured a 2013 CB1100 once again. Still a sight to behold and still a hit with the crowd. While it is no doubt a geezer pleaser, there were a significant number of 20 somethings lavishing praise on it as well. One 23 year old guy sat on it for more than his share of time and leaned forward embracing the tank while gently nestling the side of his face against it before finally hopping off.

In all, I asked four (or five?) American Honda reps individually about the word on the 2014. All confirmed its return and most expected a new color and more definitive 2014 news on the model in December.
All Right! Pleeeeease let it be black!!!!
 
Pleeeeeeeeeeze- don't be red!!!

(I want mine to be recognized as the original!)
 
Please don't make a 2014!!!!! Okay, just playing devil's advocate. Maybe it's not such a bad think if this were the one and only year? It may help our bikes hold value over time, more exclusivity, unique... Ummm, can't think of any other benefits. I realize some of the downsides, in particular, aftermarket support. Although we do have that in Samurider, albeit, expensive!

Anyhow, just food for thought. It may not be so bad if this was a one year model. Or a two year carryover model.

Personally, I hope they make a multi year run with different colors and different options. But, I bought an extra used CB1100 in case they become hard to find...

Chris
 
ARMike_imp said:
Pleeeeeeeease...don't be black!!!
If you saw my sidecar, you'd know why I need a black CB! It would look like a great big popsickle in candy-apple red! In any case, they probably won't do red two years in a row anyway. It'll probably be blue!

(besides, why would anybody need two CB's anyway!?)
 
err0neous_imp said:
Here's a video from this week's EICMA.


The seat seems to have changed slightly.
I believe that is the seat from the Japan version which is slightly lower. I didnt notice any other changes.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I think that the CB1100 carried a very fair price .I always buy for quality and not for price.Over the years I must have owned well over 25 Honda motorcycles and never had a quality problem with any of them.
this is the biggest selling points for all Japanese bikes, now, other Euro bikes quality get better but I hear quality issues with certain expensive euro bikes. I don't want to spend $$ on bikes with issues.
 
Back
Top